How do you deal with calluses, any home remedies you'd recommend, or handwashing routines?

How do you deal with calluses, any home remedies you'd recommend, or handwashing routines?

Other urls found in this thread:

outsideonline.com/1924751/secret-skin-care-tips-rock-climbing-pros
beastskills.com/removing-calluses/
amazon.com/gp/product/B005HGWIMA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

stop being a fucking pussi

bite them off

I eat them for the protein gains.

should also provide immune-system boost

use vaseline on burst ones so your skin doesn't get hard and flaky then cut the dead skin away when you feel like it. the vaseline also keeps dirt out

Get tougher hands you pussy.

Blisters are bad. Calluses are good, because they form over time and protect your hands. I play bass, so calluses are crucial. I can barely feel the strings. Typing on a touch screen is goofy because I turn the vibration off to save battery. I can hardly feel the screen on my thumbs. Helps when I'm dragging my fingers across wound metal wires. Calluses will help when you're handling metal handles and other rough things.

Why does no one know how to hold a bar?

Hold the bar at the base of your fingers not the palm of your hand

Incidentally i play bass as well my dude, and I'd say that calluses on your fingers are useful, whereas calluses on your palm have the potential to rip off completely due to the weight and friction involved, the relative low friction high quantity that occurs when you pull strings is not comparable to weightlifting.
They aren't your friend and you should keep them trimmed.
This is good advice

outsideonline.com/1924751/secret-skin-care-tips-rock-climbing-pros

beastskills.com/removing-calluses/

I usually use a straight razor blade and file

t Dyel.
How about you start lifting some real weight before you say shit?

Vaseline on fresh rips to allow for fast recovery. I use a razor blade to keep them at a minimum, you can file them as well or use pumice. Keeping them maintained usually helps avoid larger rips. Don't listen to these pussy's about holding the bar wrong, they ain't lifting weight.

regardless of how you hold the bar you will have some calluses eventually

bite them off in public

Dont be retarded and grip the bar correctly so this ripping shit doesnt happen.

hows your first year of lifting going little buddy? Someday you might be able to lift more than your bodyweight as well!

youre literally wrong on this, watch rip's video on barbell hold

Dude yeah. Doesn't matter how you hold the bar, once you start lifting heavy you will eventually get and then tear callouses. There's not a single serious lifter out there that haven't had that problem.

is that sylvester stalone?

one of my calluses has started turning into a god damn wart. Starting to see black spots

you guys are idiots. There is a right and a wrong way to hold a barbell and if you are tearing your calluses you are doing it wrong.

>learn proper grip for pulls
>soak hands in a hot shower then use a pumice stone or finger nails to scrape off excess skin

Sure, torn calluses can sometimes just happen accidentally but they are not something that has to be inevitable.

serious question, how much do you DL/rackpull?
There is a right way to hold the bar, but once you go above 240ish kg you will tear no matter what, if not your palms then lower parts of your fingers will suffer.

I chew them off/eat them

get a sharp knife/razor and cut them off regularly

OP here, I just filed and then used a razor, they are mostly gone now, thanks guys

i ve been diddlying for years and i don't have calluses in my palm, the fingers should hold the weight, grip the bar lower towards the fingertips

I usually just leave them alone. Am I doing it right?

Here to second the motion that you need to hold the barbell in the crease of the fingers, don't wrap the meat of your palm around it.
Also, calluses are not bad.

Yes. Good job for not being an idiot.

Wear them with pride faggot

amazon.com/gp/product/B005HGWIMA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i use this

you are like babies
t. upright bass player

>handwashing routines?
the state of you people?

Yes. It's from cliffhanger

get yourself a pumice stone and while in the shower use them to sand down raised calluses, keep them trimmed they won't rip off

>he ripped out a callus
You're a fucking moron.

I use gloves and hook grip have perfect hands now

No Fap