I've always been a work your entire body out every day kind of guy, but I'm noticing a stop in my muscle progress...

I've always been a work your entire body out every day kind of guy, but I'm noticing a stop in my muscle progress. I asked my friend for advice, and he's telling me that I'm not doing enough for each body part if I'm working the entire body out every day. He's told me to focus on one area of my body a day and to go very hard on that one area so that my muscles tear and repair to grow bigger and stronger. Is there truth to this, and if there is, then should I do it? Like, work out each part for every day? Monday - Abs, Tuesday - Legs, Wednesday, Arms. etc?

Push
Pull
Legs
Full body is shit if you want to look good, but don't do a brosplit.

I did push pull legs for 4 years. Would recommend.

how can I PPL if i play sports 2x a week (Monday and Wednesday)?

You cant

Do you do each of those once a week? As in you go to the gym three times a week total?

Worth noting is that if you are a beginner you should still start with a full body strength program like SS or SL5x5. PPL is really good for aesthetics, but it is still going to be shit for a beginner because he simply doesn't have the strength to make effective use of a PPL and a beginner will make faster strength gains on SS/SL than he will on PPL.

Or in short, a beginner uses SS/SL to get the strength required to get the most out of a PPL routine.

Plateau/Deload 3x on all the big lifts using either SS/SL, then move onto PPL. Thank me later.

>I did push pull legs for 4 years. Would recommend.
Like cool cicada type?

>is there truth to this?
if you're on gear, yes - training a muscle group once a week is optimal. if you're not, i'd recommend trying an upper lower program. Maybe you're burning out early in your sessions, and therefore neglecting certain muscles.

You can hit your entire body just fine with full body... it's just that eventually it will take 3 hours and will be very unenjoyable.

Add volume to your full body workout, ie additional sets for the muscles you're worried about. You'll likely make the decision on your own to split things up.

i don't do it but you can do PPLPPLX
6 days a week then rest, if you need to keep a tight schedule. Or if you are more flexible you don't need to apply it to a 7 day schedule. u can do 3days - rest - 3 days - rest

I usually go 5 times a week as I have class Tuesday and Thursday all day. Routines don't need to be made for 7 day cycles.

I'd say full body routines are only good so you can focus on perfecting form for the main lifts. After you get comfortable you can switch to something else. Minimalist Full body routines are boring and lead to too many neglected muscles if you stay on them too long.

which lifts on which days

Not him but I center my days around a single lift plus accessory movements.
Bench press + cable fly, lat raises etc
Deadlift + dumbbells rows, facepulls, etc
Squat + Romanians, calf shit etc
Overhead press + Arnold press, lat raises etc
Barbell row + pullups, facepulls etc
Squat + Romanians, calf shit etc

If done optimally you can plateau 3x on SS/SL within ~6-9 months, which is hardly a long period of time when talking about lifting. From there you can switch to PPL and continue working on increasing the weights of the big four.

I'm using a 50lb kettlebell for my biceps (lack of equipment) and I don't feel the muscle soreness or strain anymore. Do I have to bump up to a higher weight, or can I just do longer reps and more sets with the 50lb to create the micro tears?

R8 my plan for 4 days a week PPxPPxx
Push:
Squat
Bench
DB press
Flys
Tricep stuff
Calf rises

Pull:
Diddleys
Push-ups/wide grip lat pulldowns
Chinups/close grip pulldowns
Shrugs/farmers walks
Regular curls
Hamstring curls

It ends up being some sort of splitted fullbody

You are not supposed to work your entire body every day. Rest periods are necessary.

Do a split like PPL. Full body routines are great for beginners, but only if you don't go literally every fucking day.

Shit, forgot to mention BB/cable rows on the Pull day.

desu SS/SL are shit for upperbody, I'd move on once you hit intermediate numbers with squat/deadlift

What about Upper/Lower splits?

Found the dyel

Not too bad if programmed sanely. Only thing I really do on a cut because it lets me get some schweet volume in without fucking my recovery.

Just do a 4 day split and hit every muscle 2 times a week.

A 6 day PPL is for no life virgins who have the time to go to the gym. If you want to make it both aesthetically and socially, you need to go no more than 4 days a week.

Go ahead and try having a girlfriend on a 6 day program. Let me know how that works out for you.

>"but user, you just went to the gym yesterday, stay home and cuddle"
>decide to go to the gym anyway
>come home to 4 day Chad going balls deep in your girl

>4 day Chad
Is doing this just to compensate being cucked by 2 days a week wizard