How do you reconcile with the fact that you experience infinite unconsciousness after you die?

How do you reconcile with the fact that you experience infinite unconsciousness after you die?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L3MA0n4jEXk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Existance gets tiresome sometimes at 24. At 80 I figure I'll be ready for the eternal night.

lol I don't care. It's going to be just like my life was before I was born, but I would have left behind my legacy.

I just want to cum and feel good man, is that so much to ask for?

I prefer unconsciousness to consciousness, so I actually welcome the sweet embrace of death. I'd be pissed if reincarnation turns out to be real and I have to relive lifes perils infinitely. That would truly be hell.

No you don't.
There's just nothing.
I've died about...twice.
The last time I felt the warm slip of death and the all consuming nothingness I actually fought my way back from death because I wanted someone to turn off that goddamned loud BEEEEEEP sound.
When I asked the nurse what it was and if she could turn it off she said that it was my heart monitor and no. It needed to stay on. I thnk she said that my heart stopped and that I had died.
Was funny as hell now that I think about it.

I literally avoid this like the plague because it keeps me from sleeping if I start thinking about it in bed.

>experience unconsciousness

Do you remember that time between laying in bed and waking up?
No?
It's probably like that

Stop fighting. Death is not bad my friend. Let your consciousness grow toward the unconscious.

So I enter an extra dimensional state of mind where nothing and everything makes since?

Do you remember your great grandfather or his father? Unless you make some groundbreaking discovery, invention or contribution to mankind, you'll be forgotten in 2 generations after your death.

I've experienced the infinite unconsciousness before I was born. It was aight.

>fitness related

This is why I hate Veeky Forums. So many posters are obsessed with wallowing in misery and depression which drags everyone else down by saturating their minds with negative thoughts. You can't escape it even on more positive boards like fit.

This kind of shit needs to stay on r9k and adv

If you raise a strong family you'll be remembered for hundreds of years. I know the name of the patriarch of my family who moved from Silesia to Gotland in 1360. We had a celebration of 750 years of our family name in Visby in 2010, 300 people from 6 countries attended. I can trace my line back to this man though 28 generations.

If you don't know who your ancestors are, you are probably doomed to be forgotten as well.

Even if reincarnation exists it means you'll start on a blank slate with no recollection of your past life so you wouldn't know.

youtube.com/watch?v=L3MA0n4jEXk

>while you exist, your death cannot exist
>when your death exists, you will no longer exist

Why fear what exists when you no longer exist and vice versa

Well, for starters, I believe there's more after death, and my consciousness will continue on. So there's that. You can tell me I'm wrong, but I won't stop believing it.

hello dog

The true goal is to not get dragged down by obvious and unavoidable things you pathetic weakling.

delet

Fucking hell, I was about to go to bed.

delet this

What's to reconcile that sounds awesome

You won't even know it happens when it happens so what is there to worry about?

It means to accept.

to cause (a person) to accept or be resigned to something not desired:

Poor doggie bad master.

I'm kind of drunk so I don't know how well this will translate.
It's not so much a fact of the afterlife as much as it is what you get to experience. You're entire life could be fucking garbage but there is an infinite amount of (You)'s that got to have a way better time and achieved everything you ever wanted but some weird thing was different to those people (chaos theory, string theory-ish) so everything you've done in this obviously fucked life is irrelevant, enjoy the fact that a perception of yourself got everything you ever wanted. (Don't be a faggot make the best of this roll but still..) even if I kill myself I'm stuck in the inevitable nothing yeah but man. There is a me out there who is killing it at life.

This. The time before I was born was fairly OK, and better than most of my life, anyways.

>how it feels to chew 5 gum

I wish I believed in God. Like those people who have an unshakable faith in a higher being. That way at least I'd be happy while I'm living even if God did not exist.

This, you stupid niggers. Stoics would meditate on this fact every day: "you" never experience death, so there is nothing to fear. The state of being dead is permanent unconsciousness and ceasing of bodily functions. The self, who you are, is predicated upon consciousness; if there is no consciousness, there is no you. So, if you are alive, you are you, and if you are dead, there is no you. Thus, you never experience death, so there is nothing to fear. Stoics knew that shit back 2000 years ago

Infinite dimensions hypothesis is untrue. Otherwise there'd be people who figured out how to communicate with or directly influence other dimensions (since there are infinite dimensions with infinite possibilities).

Considering that the MWI of quantum physics is likely the correct one, you probably literally cannot stay permanently dead.

to think a year ago I wanted to kill myself and half-tried to do it, but then this shit still haunts me.

what is the secret to eternal life?

Maybe the smarter dimensions don't want to talk to retards.

That's just wishful thinking. The only way to escape death is through medical and technological breakthroughs that either allow you to extend your life exponentially, or transfer your consciousness into a computer. Neither of which are within our grasp for at least a few more centuries.

We were born too early. All of us are dying. Maybe one of your lucky descendants can experience that.

If life were infinite, then nobody would aspire to anything.

You could do something tomorrow, or the day after that, or the day after that ad infinitum.

How boring and stupid would that be?

It's the fact that life is limited that should give it meaning and purpose, strive to make an impact so that you're remembered after you're gone, think of how the greatest men have had their names past on, still "living" through their memories and accomplishments.

The probability of you being born in the first place around in 400 trillion, those are the chances of you being plucked out of the void and put on this earth to do what you can with your own life and you waste these insane odds being an existential sadcunt.

It's the other way around
We are all "I" we share the same conscious energy, we have different hardware, which accounts for our memories, feelings, likes, personality etc.

When the hardware dies, then the personality and memory dies with it but the consciousness is universal. We literally are everyone, we only have the illusion of being separate. The fact is, we came from one big bang and continue to be that one big bang for eternity.

(You) exist because (You) must exist, have always existed and will exist for eternity.

Consciousness is existence and cannot die.

you need to face facts and accept it, not wallow negatively in it

It's weird that death is the only thing humans will never be able to understand because nobody who has experienced true death is alive to talk about it. All the living will ever be able to do is speculate. There is no science or invention that can explain death.

bingoooo

They get trapped wallowing in their own nihilism, convinced nothing matters anyway, which gives them justification to not really try to improve their situations day-in-day-out, which feeds more into their nihilism, etc etc etc.
Really I think it's just fear at its core. They fear failure, but not so much to actually put a bullet in their heads and end it all, because they also fear death, rather they lack the courage and character to do anything but live out the meager existence handed to them by their circumstances.

And then they die, because death comes for us all.

But there's still time, yet. Go sort yourselves out and squeeze however much you still can out of the however long you've got on this rock. Create meaning for yourself. My most pessimistic view on all this is, if life is meaningless anyway, you might as well pick a lane and be as happy as you can be in that lane, and try to bring as many people with you along for the ride.

I live life.

Retard alert!

>tfw

you're wrong

Thinking your consciousness with preserve when you die is just as fantastical as believing in God. The universe doesn't work that way. Your entire being and sense of 'self' is created by cells in your brain. Guess what happens when those cells die?

A lot of people die momentarily only to be revived at the last minute and they describe it as experiencing nothingness. There is no life after death. People who have been under general anaesthesia (myself included) should have experienced something similar. Your consciousness just ceases to exist.

>tfw you die all those hours researching perfect form on lifts and routines will just disappear your knowledge of it will no longer be

DELET THIS

>If life were infinite, then nobody would aspire to anything.
seems false, this isn't how desires work, and aspirations are either instrumental to other desires or are desires themselves

people want to do things; in order to do the things one wants to do, one must put himself in a position that enables him to do the things he wants to do

so long as eternal life doesn't somehow entail immediate gratification, which it doesn't, people would keep on wanting things and trying to get them

does your knowledge that you could have steak in December at all diminish your desire to go out for steak on Friday? of course not!

You can't just tell someone they're wrong when you don't even know for a fact anyway. Why were you born when you were?

Maybe you always were and the brain you have now just happens to be in this time frame

Next time you're born you'll have no clue you already were born

You exist because you are existence, we are the one same big bang, we are existence and shall exist forever.

Why haven't we found a way to extend human lifespan to hundreds of years yet? Why aren't we spending all our effort and resources into it? Seems like it'd be the most important human endeavour.

Because retards like you live long enough.
Seriously the stupidest thing I've read in awhile.

What is the most important human endeavour in your opinion then?

Seriously
Look up Turritopsis dohrnii
It's an immortal jellyfish

There also planterian flat worms that are also immortal

Obviously you can kill them, but with healthy conditions they'll live forever

Not fucking up the balance of life and death

Lobsters too. They are only limited by their shell size otherwise they'll live forever.

Another thing that seems to be biologically immortal are certain plants, like vines. You can propagate them, and keep them alive seemingly forever

Well in an infinite dimensions hypothesis, there would still be universes uncommunicated with by the ones who develop inter-dimensional communication. There will always be one because there are an infinite amount. Maybe we are one of the ones they haven't and never will contact.

I used to be very religious. I was happier then.

Steak isn't really a good example because it's an example of immediate gratification.

Think about how much people already procrastinate on all sorts of little projects and resolutions, and imagine how much that would be amplified by the reassurance that you could procrastinate indefinitely.

>Maybe we are one of the ones they haven't and never will contact.
How convenient.

There's only one dimension until proven otherwise. Infinite dimensions is psudo science as it allows for the existence of God, in at least one dimension a God would have evolved and been able to traverse all dimensions of space time, creating life.

I wish I could have a girl to bang.

The best religious picture ever

Yeah but what if we're the ones who are going to develop inter-dimensional contact, and we just haven't figured it out yet?

butts.

Moar

You do realize you're a completely different person then when you were a child because of brain development, right? People have changed after losing parts of their brain or getting dementia when older. Most emotions are also created from bodily automatic responses that were dictated by genes/upbringing.

As for reincarnation bullshit, how the hell would you get inside another persons brain from yours? Stop being delusional. Your worth in the universe is as much as an ant.

Day 1
>3x10 meditations on the ephemeral nature of life
>3x5 observing the stillness of decayed corpses (last set you can watch people die)
>3x10 realizing your actions are futile and that no legacy lasts

Day 2
>5x10 substance abuse

Infinite dimensions
Infinite possibility
Infinite time

It would have happened already an infinite amount of time ago.

Maybe that's God

Holy shit there's moar?
I only thought it was one of those once in a life time candid pics that occasionally pop up.

How could anybody want to die when such beautiful things exist.

I honestly think you're a very weak-minded person if you're afraid of dying.. Geniuses always say casual shit on their deathbeds throughout history because they have the raw intellect to make peace with it

When I tell myself that my dog is waiting for me, death doesnt seem so bad.

I still havent figured out how to communicate with people.

ugh, fuck this pretentious mindset.
>why bother working out if you get shot by a crazy guy tomorrow
>why bother trying to get a job if you could die in an accident
>why bother eating healthy if you choke drinking fat-free water
>why bother making friends if they or you can die the next day
>why bother improving if X
Fuck off.

True and false.

The physical aspects of a person can change, the consciousness is universal. The me that i am is also the me that you are

We are the same conscious energy, nothing to do with reincarnation.

It's like a household connected to one power source, 10 computers in the house, each computer with its own hardware and operating system utilizing the same source of power

The computer dies, but the energy that runs it continues on

My worth in the universe is the worth of an ant, and the worth of the universe, for we are the universe

How long have you been around for?

I like girl butts, is that weird?

It's normal.

>they describe it as experiencing nothingness
Not true.

>long enough

27 years old here, finally got a gf and it's a whole different experience to love and be loved by someone else in a romantic way. Millions of years of evolution hardwired us to find immense pleasure in this. Solitude is nice but don't let it become your life and miss the train to experience what companionship can provide you with.

>implying that's a good thing
you existence will still be deleted

Girl breasts are nice too. You like?

This personality will be deleted , I am consciousness and will flow on forever.

There's nothing to gain, nothing to lose, just to be

word just bee urself

that isn't a relevant fact about steak here; the point is that it's something you want; people have desires that can't be immediately gratified, and they pursue them, whether or not they're time-sensitive

Yes, very much!

it's not asking why you should do anything because a freak accident could happen NOW, it's that death is completely inevitable. I don't like the nihilistic "nothing matters lol" shit either but you completely missed the point, apply yourself.

you sound rustled my dear anono