Are deadlifts worth the risk if you aren't a powerlifter?

Are deadlifts worth the risk if you aren't a powerlifter?

I find my lumbar to round even with 60kg on the bar when doing conventional. sumo+narrow stance squat will cover all you need for legs. if you don't like sumo you can do RDL or trap bar deadlifts, I don't think you can round your lumbar on trap bar deadlifts.

If you do them properly and don't ego lift with it and progress slowly it's worth it IMO.

Ive been lifting for 5 years and I deadlift 380 for 3 sets of 10. It feels very comfortable, I do it twice a week on my PPL routine.

It's taken me a long time to get the deadlift to just 380x10 because I spend a very long time doing the same weight, but slowly increasing reps.

I do 5-10 reps, once I can get 10 reps very comfortably, then increase the weight by 5 pounds and reset back down to 5 reps sets, then slowly work my way back upto sets of 10 with the new increased weight.

I've never had form or technique issues with my deadlift this way.

Also- I don't do touch-n-go reps, I reset after every rep so every rep is done safely without momentum.

One more thing, I never drop the weight like a powerlifter would. I always slowly place the barbell back down to the ground as gently as I can. I noticed doing a slow-negative REALLY improved my overall lower back strength.

I need an advice in similar vein.
My friend is a tennis guy and started going to gym to get good aesthetics on top of tennis skills.
He started with Starting Strength and went from 40 kg to 70 kg in two weeks or so on squats and deadlifts, he is also a manlet with low bf but also not that many muscles though he does look somewhat nice.
He claims that deadlifts are becoming increasingly hard even though he stayed on same weight for two gym visits now. I think that he is fucking his form up a bit but he won't hear none of that.
Is there any good replacement for deadlifts? He did sumo and still whined about it and we don't have a trap bar at gym. I am tempted to just tell him to fuck off and do his deadlifts properly, it feels like he is just not content with improving his form and letting his weight increase slowly but he swears that his back hurts a lot after deadlifts.

You friend increased his deadlift from 40kg to 70kg in 2 weeks.

Of course he's going to have back pain, he is progressing too fast and most certainly has dog shit form because he's ego lifting.

I love deadlifts with all my heart. I used to have lower back pain probably caused from being at a desk all day. I started with deadlifts and other lower back exercises and its helped immensely. My back feels much stronger and i sit straight without really trying. I would highly recommend deadlifts to anyone as long as you practice proper form and go from there.

1.does he contract his abs before he gets in the lifting position? do maybe planks for 1 min, before the lifting
2. maybe flexibility and hamstring/glute weakness? mobility work+ glute bridges
3. do westside for skinny bastards part 3, use squats as main leg movement and light romanian deadlift for hypertrophy.
4. maybe technique issue

ok, plus this. Increase only 5-10kg on deadlift per week.

>Are deadlifts worth the risk if you aren't a powerlifter?

Yes.
I hate deadlifts with a passion. Short arms makes them harder for me (while OHP/Bench have been easier/more enjoyable). I've tried finding reasons not to do Deadlifts but the benefits outweigh the negatives.

From my experience, nothing builds greater work capacity than doing deadlifts. First time I tried them I nearly vomited after doing lmao1pl8 for 1x5. When I began doing a routine with 8/9 sets of deadlifts twice a week, my workouts took forever. Now I'm able to do 8 sets of deadlifts within a 45 minute workout simply because my fitness levels increased due to them.

So now I'm able to work out harder, while requiring less time. All that while building size on my back, traps, legs, and forearms (with some nice gains in grip strength).

To replace them would require a fair few exercises. You're better off just doing deadlifts, but doing them without the ego.

powerlifters don't drop the weight, that's three reds in competition

unless you mean lower really quickly

They aren't dangerous until the weight gets really fucking heavy.

How heavy is really fucking heavy?

I assume above 200 kg could be really dangerous.

Heavy as in you are slightly out of form, any indicators lower your weight

>200kg
>really dangerous.

"heavy" is relative
If you have proper form, you know when to bail when your form goes to shit during 1RM testing etc

What risk? Just don't pile on weight you can't handle, same as literally every other exercise.

Not super heavy but my 1RM is 515 and over the past couple years I have never hurt myself going heavy.

The only time I`ve hurt myself deadlifting or squatting (not serious just had to take a couple days to a week off) is when I was lifting light and not paying attention and let form slip badly.

Don`t ego lift, know when to bail, make sure form is close to perfect on non max lifts.

I think it has more to do with genetics than people realize but crossfit made them status quo so nobody will listen to scientific reasoning. Your genetic disc shape and spinal thickness will determine whether or not your spine can bear heavy compressive loads and while your spine adapts to heavy loads, you are still at a major genetic disadvantage compared to a person born with a thick spine. If you manage to get your deadlift up to 4+ plates and never experience any spinal issues then you're probably in the clear if not I'd seriously consider not doing them.

Is driving worth the risk if you aren't a race driver?

no

no. easy to fuck your shit up even if you're doing them right and there are simpler and safer ways to work the same muscles.

ITT: little pussy bitch boys try to justify that it's okay to be a weak, emasculated wuss who fears adversity.

>Toxic masculinity

triggered pussy bitch spotted. that was fast lol.