Just as much protein as chicken breasts

>just as much protein as chicken breasts
>more healthy fats
>even more delicious because they're juicier, so you need less seasoning (salt/sodium)
>usually 1/2 to 1/4 the price
Is there any reason not to eat chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?

>Is there any reason not to eat chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Absolutely no reason. Thighs are superior in every way. If the extra 2g of fat is problem, make changes elsewhere in your diet.

aside from the fact they taste like shit and are chewey from all the fat, no, thighs are great.

>not cooking the thighs properly so the fat cooks off and bathes the meat in delicious juice
are you even trying to cook bruh

doesn't matter how you cook them, the fat is so infused with the chicken its still chewy and grissly as fuck. Chicken Breast is GOAT

How are you cooking them?

I just had 2 for dinner and it was buttery smooth

>aside from the fact they taste like shit

fat = flavour, stupid

If anything far makes them softer, you're probably just an idiot who doesn't know how to cook properly because In no world is correctly cooked chicken thigh chewier than chicken breast

Dark meat is actually considered superior to white meat in cooking circles as well as globally. Having a hard on for white meat is strictly a poor murcan thing.

>mix smoked paprika/garlic powder/onion powder/dried thyme/oregano/cayenne pepper
>trim chicky thighs and pound the meat to an even thickness
>rub the spices on
>bake at 220c for 22 minutes

enjoy deliciousness

>Is there any reason not to eat chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?

no, they are superior, I switched to chicken thighs, and actually fucking enjoy my chicken brocolli. best tasting meat after a steak, if you ask me.

Spot on post. Thighs are the win for diets and bulking. Tasty as fuck too. Don't get me wrong, I like my chicken breast diced up with veggies from time to time, but some of these ovenroasted with garlic, salt and pepper are freaking amazing. Especially when you get the skin just right.

shouldn't you be posting this over on /pol/

Why can't we have both PLUMP BREASTS and THICK JUICY THIGHS? It's not a zero-sum game.

For the longest time I thought I preferred light to dark, because I was mentally only comparing the badly cooked and badly sliced turkey from family thanksgiving dinners. Chicken cutlets and parm were always light meat.
It wasn't until college that I was enlightened. Me and a friend got fried chicken and rice once a week at 10pm after our 3hr class. I mentioned something about wanting it more juicy and my friend asked me why I was getting light instead of dark. Got thighs instead of breast the next week and rejoiced.
In retrospect it all seems silly, since drumsticks were always my go-to. For some reason I had just never thought of them as dark meat.

Same, although for the most part didn't care. It's entirely based on marketing. My chef friend was going on a tangent about it one day, pretty hilarious.

So dark meat isn't actually any worse? Seems too good to be true bros.

retard can't render the fat

i'm sure you don't even butter baste your steaks you fucking homo

what if I don't have an oven

>he doesn't bite the ends off the bone and suck out the marrow for extra helth gains.

can someone explain how to cook these right? whenever I bake some they come out a soggy wet mess with no crispiness like pic related

Second

Does slow-cooking them work? I'm lazy, that's what I do with all my food.

>mfw me and my grandma eat marrow but everyone else thinks it's gross

Also the only ones in our family who will eat organ meats (liver, heart, tongue)

>OP's pic has the thighs being finished in a cast-iron pan.
>Prepare juicy thighs as you normally would
>finish in cast-iron pan for god-tier crispiness

That said I'd rather not bite bones. Too much risk of breaking teeth