Why does Veeky Forums seem to think strength and size are mutually exclusive?

Why does Veeky Forums seem to think strength and size are mutually exclusive?

Everyone I know who is strong has a decent amount of muscle and everyone who has a lot of muscle is strong.

Pic related trains purely for aesthetics and can still squat 4 plate which is decent for his bodyweight.

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/powerlifters-should-train-more-like-bodybuilders/
youtu.be/GEmG8EeyyZY?t=4m31s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Veeky Forums looks dyel and is weak so they keep telling themselves that eventhough they are skelly they are strong as fuck bro

hi alex

>show friend pic related
>he tells me they're just show muscles and he isn't actually that strong
Where the fuck do people get this idea from?

Calling bullshit on that squat. I've got a friend who can "squat" 5pl8 and he doesn't even go parallel let alone a2g.

Fuck man, I can squat 4pl8 just above parallel. But if I'm going full a2g it's prob more like 3.5pl8.

Because you won't get stronger without confusing your muscles bro.

I'll post his video when I'm back from the gym he does it with no belt or sleeves

I could easily see a guy that size squatting 405 if he trains it consistently, he looks like he has favorable leverages for squatting and his legs don't look too small

you would be surprised what you can look like while squatting huge weights

Probably because he's seen bodybuilders out there who can barely do any pull ups, get out lifted by unaesthetic powerlifters, or just struggle more than they should with anything strength based or athletic.

this I've seen dudes that look no more than 150 putting up that number

Because Veeky Forums and the population at large are retarded and get deceived by the difference in bodyfat levels.

170lbs 10% bf vs 200lbs 17% bf.
Most people would say the 170lbs guy looks bigger.

Pic is me. Gained zero muscle between pics. 210lbs was at my strongest, the after pic, yeah I lost a little strength but not much.

But if you showed those two pics separately to the average person, they would say the after pic looks bigger.

this

also, most people at higher bodyfat levels vastly overestimate how much of their weight is muscle, and are in for a nasty surprise when they finally do get down to 10-12% bodyfat and end up looking like twink shits

a guy as lean and muscular as the guy in OP's pic has enough muscle to put up some decent weights, leverages and neurological adaptations permitting

>skeptical of that 4 plate squat

Those were my first thoughts as well.

>bragging about a squat

Let's see what his OHP or bench press is. That's all I need to know

Aesthetic muscle and functional muscle are different. Every BB'er I know only half reps 80% of their exercises, including the most important one, bench. This causes their muscle fibers to tighten and reduce their functional strength

Personal experience. If your like me and you lift casually for 5 years while maintaining a low bf, you and up looking pretty good but being weaker than you think

>aesthetic muscle and functional muscle are different
no, they are not

strongerbyscience.com/powerlifters-should-train-more-like-bodybuilders/

tl;dr muscle cross sectional area is the biggest predictor of strength in competitive powerlifters

there is no such thing as "functional muscle" and "nonfunctional muscle", PLers are just much more neurologically efficient at bench/squat/deadlift because that's what they compete in

That's Joey D, he's on youtube you faggots
You could've reverse google image searched that photo and found video's of him in 2 minutes.

4 plate

youtu.be/GEmG8EeyyZY?t=4m31s

>Why does Veeky Forums seem to think strength and size are mutually exclusive?
They arent, but certain training methods will favour one over the other. A lot of strength is just neurological adaptations to specific movements too. Oh, and keep in mind, a lot of people who look big arent really that big, they are just shredded, making them appear more muscular, meanwhile people who train for strength and perfomance alone dont give a single shit about being shredded down, as it gives no advantage. A disadvanage even, as going on a caloric deficit makes you weaker. And here is the kicker, normie retards a lot of times associate strength with doing well in fights and bodybuilders almost never do well in fights against people who actually train for fighting, who would have thought.

>can still squat 4 plate which is decent for his bodyweight.
That's just decent huh?

What would you call it

I've seen 66kg lifters hit that

on Veeky Forums yes

How long for that cut, at what deficit?

Because of course a Bodybuilder is weaker than a Powerlifter assuming similar weight and training progress, but that doesn't say that the Bodybuilder is weak, that just say that the Powerlifter squats 200 kg for 5 reps while the Bodybuilder squats 180 kg for 10 reps.

1/2/3/4 is unironically all you need strength wise to make hypertrophy gains to your maximum weight possible for a natty for me 185@12% is realistically my max size @5'9

you people are insane, you know how many people on this planet can squat 4+ plates? it's a little more than decent

yea 3pl8 is all anyone needs

Anyone pay for coaching from people like this?

I'm just curious to see what they send you

Why would you tripcunt if you're this dumb, seriously.

fuck off you dumb tripfaggot
go to reddit if you want to circlejerk

It's not how many can do it, it's about how many has the potential to do it. It's good but nothing amazing

you got some mental issues my man

Because just being able to lift heavy weights and putting them down again means you're good at doing that, it's not functional strength

>It's not how many can do it, it's about how many has the potential to do it.
Not how the world works. A majority of Americans are temporarily embarrassed millionaires with the "potential" to be rich but guess what, they aren't.

>can't handle w/e he squats not being called a good weight
No u. I know a guy who squatted 270kg at 19yo, that is impressive. Go to Tumblr if you want mediocrity to be praised

This isn't the real world, it is a weightlifting board. What is impressive to normies is not impressive to seasoned lifters. Do you think some projects kid getting a job at McDonalds is impressive too since his family and circle of acquaintances are all unemployed and won't try to become shit?

No of course a powerlifter will always be stronger than a bodybuilder. My friend essentially called them fake muscles and claimed he probably couldn't even do 2/3/4

>mutually exclusive
This is a key mindset on many boards of this site.
It's either black or white, also make sure to mock the other side and shit on everyone in between.
That being said, SS+GOMAD faggot. Gotta cover my ass.

Its not that they are mutually exclusive, its more that they are not necessarily dependent. Strength is also often viewed relative to body weight, so a smaller person who can lift the same pl8s as a larger one is seen as stronger

this

405 squat is good for a person with average genetics and shows obvious dedication to lifting, but it's nothing amazing

the real genetic freaks hit 405 squat in mere months

i'm willing to bet you're a dyel with under 2 years experience

i wanted those satanic quints

Who is this? Weight/height?

5'10
179lbs

Joe Delaney

Tinder expert

Nice arguments bro. Checked. Shit post except for that get.

Damn, really? He looked taller in the first picture. Appreciate it.

what a waste of quints.

>This will never be you

>Neither will this

>Nor will this

Holy fuck what a Chad

Sorry, Joey "D." I don't reverse image search every faggot picture that's posted on Veeky Forums, and based on the OP picture, his legs looked a bit small for a 4plate squat.

>tfw bad knees
>thought they were fixed but working back towards 2pl8 and problem resurfaced
>will never be able to squat 4pl8

>Pic related trains purely for aesthetics and can still squat 4 plate which is decent for his bodyweight.

Keep in mind that he's not even natty if you ask Veeky Forums

>Bros before hoes
What a Chad

Are you a massive DYEL or something?

4plate is decent but nothing impressive, anyone here could get it in uder 2 years there are loads of guys who can do it in under a year.

Look art frog from /plg/ he squats 585lb at 18 yo.

>4plate is decent but nothing impressive
you delusional first year lifters need to leave

Been lifting 4 years.

Im pretty much a GDE, and have had poor diet but can still squat 200kg.

>people should squat 4 plates in under a year
>squats 4 plates after 4 years

lmao

>Anyone here could get it in under 2 years

learn2read

Gains not linear, i hit 4plate in less than 2 years but honestly dont even squat anymore since i hate it and have had multiple knee ligament injuries. Went from 120kg to 185kg in like 8 months on a bulk.

Anyone on here could get 4plate in 2 years if they really wanted to, just most of the time it costs getting fat or people dont want to.

because this guy likely uses protein powder to create fake muscles

Honestly think you're bullshitting, you don't have that muscle on the left, I can see the difference in your lats. Why you lying bro? Also your arms are just as big on the left as on the right, that is not possible with only cutting. Good progress but why lie