QTDDTOT

I know lean bulking means a small caloric surplus. My question: is 300 calorie surplus considered small?

Bonus qs: how much weight should I aim to gain per week on a lean bulk?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Its almost like you're trying to be a gargantuan faggot.
>/home gym/
>/bro splits/
>/eat/
Enjoy looking like a God

Are aesthetics achievable working out three days a week for an hour?

Yes if you do a full body work out

www.mensfitness.com/training/workout-routines/30-minute-dumbbell-workout-program-build-muscle/amp

is this a good workout for beginners? bought some dumbells and I'd like a decent program to work out at home

Would eating bacon for breakfast every morning be unhealthy?

You're planning on eating it raw?

What's with chains on weightlifting? They add extra weight but why are they used as opposed to more plates for example?

Looks cool and hardcore

am sold

Grilled or fried in low calorie spray

Eating at a caloric deficit of 1000 calories right now. Losing 2 pounds a week. Should I also exercise?

Makes top of lift heavier than bottom

i googled "beginner PPL" and got this:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

how does it look, Veeky Forums?

hard to say without knowing more

that's a pretty drastic cut.

what's your current body and what are your goals?

What's the correct way to mew? I've searched all over but can't seem to find a straight forward answer...

I'm fat. I weigh 270 and my TDEE is 2600 so I figure if I eat at a 1k deficit ill lose 2 pounds a week until my TDEE starts getting lower and ill be forced to work out. Thanks for the help. Goal is 230 then put on 10 pounds of muscle

how do you psychologically cope with stalling?

I'm still only a noob and weak as shit, yet I'm starting to stall already.

I obviously have to deload and eat more, as I haven't earned the right to lift heavier, but it's disheartening af

Just.fucking.do.it

Anybody with ADD have experience dealing with lack of motivation? Any tricks you use?
I want to work out, and I've got a dumbbell and barbells sitting in my room ready for use at all times, but the amount of fighting with myself I have to do just to get started is insane. IF I can get started, I almost always finish the workout.
Any little thing drives me to procrastinate and do something else instead. Like putting it off because what I'm limited to at home doesn't feel complete compared to what could be done at a gym. I'll constantly remember I want to do it and even have the needed urge when I'm doing something I deem more important or something silly to interrupt like a morning shower, saying to myself I'll do it right after. But then I forget about it entirely, not remembering until I'm otherwise preoccupied again.

>Goal is 230 then put on 10 pounds of muscle
What's your height? I'm 230 at 6'1" and I look like shit.

Just soldier on. You're right; that's all there is to it.

Just got back from a shitty workout and I'm pissed at myself.

There's no shame in deloading I guess. It's a chance to work on form and get more volume in

just a quick note if you're doing something like SS or SL you only deload if you've stalled on the same lift 3 times in a row

otherwise you just keep the weight the same and try again next session

Im no expert but here's how I do it: make an NG sound, like in sing, the back of your tongue should rise to the roof, plaster the whole tongue against the roof like this, the tip of your tongue should be behind the upper front teeth

also, teeth touching, lips together

Considering 1 gram of protein equals around 4 calories.
300/4 = 75gr of protein your body will take into pure muscle mass, considering that 300 calorie surplus are only protein.

In a week you will gain 525 grams of muscle mass, to round it up, 0,5kg of muscle.
In a month, you will gain around 2kg of pure muscle.

In the long term it is not a small caloric surplus it is actually a very healthy and fit surplus. However for it all to be perfect you must always look at your daily caloric intake and the ammount of exercise you do.

GOMAD

>2kg muscle mass a month
>half a kg lean mass muscle a week

THESE ARE THE PEOPLE GIVING ADVICE ON FIT

nice dubs and nice meme

but we're talking about lean muscle mass and nothing else. In 3 months, which is a short period of time, you would have gained 6kg of lean muscle, not bad at all.

Unless you want to leave humanity behind 2kg of lean muscle each month are decent gains

So all in all its a fine surplus. Thanks a lot

Hijacking his question/your advice: What should one do when a specific workout is stalling with SS? I think it's been 3 months since I started, though I might be off by a bit. My squats have been steadily increasing, went from 95 to 145 lbs. My bench is improving much slower, went from 65 to 80. But my OHP only went from 45 to 55 and has been stuck there for weeks. I can't finish the 3x5 when I try to do 60.
Should I be trying to add reps? Maybe try 3x6? Or do 2x5 and then as many as possible on the third set? Or am I just impatient and just need to keep doing 3x5 at 55 until something else potentially inadequate like my pull-ups muscles get better?

Kek. I'm 5'9" manlet. My buddy did the same. 230 then gained to 240 and he looks ripped as fuck. Fingerd crossed for same genetics I guess.

How to get better at dead hangs? I'm 105kg and doing SL 5x5 while trying to lose weight and keep some muscle, last time I tried DH after a workout I could barely hang for 10 seconds, should I do sets or just hang 1 time for as long as I can each workout? I want to be able to do a single chinup or pull up sometime but I feel like I need to be able to just hang to the bar first

in 3 months you only increased you squat 50 pounds? And your bench by 15? Bro i don't think you're eating enough.

theres a bogo sale and im thinking about buying some testosterone pills since it will be half off

I just dont know what its used for and if theres any benefits

I got to the gym about 3 to 4 times a week and usually buy/make a protein shake once I get home.

I weigh about 300 pounds and been lifting seriously for about 3 months

>pic not related

a 300 calorie surplus is on the smaller side, but as long as you consistently get that 300 calorie surplus you should be fine (track weight and make sure it's increasing at a rate that corresponds to an average surplus of 300)

the problem with smaller surpluses is that they're really easy to erase by doing a little more activity on certain days, so you end up being at maintenance or below without even realizing it

I accidentally blended into my smoothie one of these small disposable fork thingies. It was made of black plastic. I didn't want to waste the precious fruits and protein powder so I drank it, ingesting up to 60% of the finely ground plastic (the other pieces were big enough for me to spit out like fishbones).

What's the worst that can happen?
Am I gonna die?
Am I gonna get cancer?
Will I turn str8 (no homo)?

I get stomach pains and bloated about six (6) hours after I eat, why so gaseous?

bingo

try ACV

1-2tbsp diluted in a glass of water before each meal

please work out you don't want to be stuck in skinnyfat

Could be a gallstone, you aren't on a low fat diet are you?

>reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

Do not replace pullups with chin ups, you need at least one good wide grip lat exercise on pull day. Ideally you'll be doing two or three.

Other than that, this is fairly similar to my program, and I appreciate the inclusion of face pulls.

>I want to buy testosterone pills
>I don't know what's its used for and if there are benefits
If it claims to raise your test and it's legal to buy, it doesn't do shit.

thank you brodie

yeah that struck me as odd as i read it

I may do, thanks.

No, I eat plenty.

Is that actually slow progress for squats? I'm 5'9 and ~155 lbs. I might have been able to go faster, but I've been making sure I do at least one set where I do the full 3x5 in proper form to the proper depth before I increased the weights.
For the bench, there's a chance I might have started lower and not recorded it. Which would mean an increase of 25 rather than 15.
Regardless, I am feeling progress on those. It's the lack of progress on the OHP while I'm progressing on everything else that has me confused.

I'm a 5"10 66kg hungry skelly currently trying to gain some muscle. I'm eating about 200g protein daily (3000 calories in total), the rest appears to be fats and minimal carbs.
Doing a brosplit at the moment but planning to switch to PPL after lurking here for a while. I've definitely gotten stronger but I don't appear to be putting on weight. Could this be a case of fat loss and muscle gain or am I destined to be a skelly forever?

Pic related

>another question
If I'm having two whey shakes with about 700ml whole milk a day, is this towards my daily intake of 3000 or in addition to?

ok so I know I'm supposed to mew by having my entire tongue pressed to the roof of my mouth, but I'm either more fucked than I realize or I'm doing it wrong. If I try and force the entire tongue up to the top of my mouth I just cannot breathe. If I with my strongest ability force air through my nose the position yields and I make almost a gargling noise.

How do I do it right

obviously towards your daily intake, if you are working out a lot you will definitely need to eat more than 3000 cals to put on weight, need to make sure you are consuming more energy than you expend

Will 0 calorie/sugar Monster break my fast?

is this achievable natty?

SIPS

How the fuck do I make gains. I've been lifting for three years and I'm still 130 lbs at 5'4.

eat
more

Are Pendlay rows really that much better than Yates rows? For some reason, I feel like I get nothing from Pendlays

Tore my rotator cuff in March which got me to these DYEL stats (because I could barely move) :

184cm 73kg
Bench: 50kgx5
OHP: 20kgx5
Squat: 80kgx5

It's now been 6 months that I've been bulking and my stats are:

184cm 79kg
Bench: 95kgx5
OHP: 55kgx5
Squat: Went to 110kgx5 but I've started front squatting since then, which I'm still learning

Are those decent improvements for 6 months? I'm trying to get to 85kg by the end of the year and cut from there but I'm unsure whether what I'm doing is right.

take your trip off DYEL, nobody gives a shit

Just came home from gym and im eating some misc meat, chicken, an avocado, 2 eggs and alot of salad, my question is should i add carbs or am i fine without it? like is it better to add some bread just for carbs even though im cutting?

Is there a set of exercises that I can do to compensate for the extra intake of calories?

Food and sleep have to be good. First of all.

Then it's a matter of actively training outside of your comfort zone. Rippetoe had a good analogy for this. If someone tans for 30 minutes a day, will they be more tanned after 3 months than they were after 2? No, because the tan level is proportional to the stress the body has adapted to. Do become stronger the stress applied to the body has to be greater than what it has adapted to already. A 100kg deadlift still feels as heavy to me now as it did several years ago. I'm just more accustomed to the weight and know I can handle heavier. As Rippetoe also said, sticking with a weight until it "feels easier" is about the dumbest mistake you can make.

this is bait right

I wish it was. I'm literally this stupid.

I'm gonna do the nice thing and assume you're actually this stupid.

If you've been actively training for three years without understanding how diet affects training results you've missed a component so important, some would argue it's more important than your actual training.

To make gains, you have to intake more energy than you use so the body can use it to create repair the muscles, make them stronger, and create new muscle mass. If you are not eating more energy than you use, your body cannot effectively strengthen itself.

The other user suggested you eat more because he was assuming, with your bodyweight, that your energy intake is not high enough to accommodate your training. No additional exercises should be added to "compensate" for the extra intake of calories. The extra intake of calories is supposed to be the compensation for your current exercising.

You really should read up on this on your own user, you've been wasting 3 years if you're not baiting me. Try not to waste another 3.

you dont compensate

thats the point of eating a lot

Okay, I'm not baiting I'm actually this stupid. Thank you for that explanation.

Upper/lower body split

A: upper
Bench 5x5
Ohp 5x5
Cable rows 4x8-12
Incline bench 4x8-12
Bent over tbar row 4x8-12
Lat pulldowns 4x8-12
Skullcrushers 4x8-12
Bicep curls 4x8-12
15 min low intensity cardio

B: lower body
Squat 5x5
Deadlift 1x5
Leg press 4x8-12
Leg curl 4x8-12
Leg extention 4x8-12
Calf raises 4x8-12
Planks 3x60 seconds
15 min low intensity cardio

Order: ABxABxx

What can I change? Pretty glad with lower body, but upper doesn't feel right.

What I do if I'm satisfied with the size of a certain muscle and want to maintain it?

Do I still have to train it? Or do I stop?

Referring specifically to my neck. used to have a pencil neck but I've put on a lot of mass and I'm pretty happy with it

Days ago I saw a short "get big to eat big" compilation that was a little under a minute long. Could somebody post that again? I watched it through an embed script so it isn't in my actual history and I cannot find it.

>get big to eat big
Gotta confuse the English language, right babe?

How long have you been lifting? It might just be the case that you are learning the lifting patterns better, and so it feels like you are getting stronger.

You got me there, brother.

It's been around 2 months now, that sounds plausible but heartbreaking

How to get big?

Can anyone help a fellow user out ;_;

How old are you? And how tall? Because at 60Kg you just look DYEL. And how do you track your calories?

If you don't want to lose all of the muscle you have left, then yes

We all gonna make it user don't stress

take creatien if you want to gain weight. But really bro, you just need to get a good routine, stick to it 5days a week and learn to eat clean.

The bulk cut shit, is silly as a beginner natty.
still train it, just don't go up in weight
cardio

23 5"8.

I.. eat out most of the time so for lunch and dinner I sort of estimate based on the ingredients. That makes out about 1k calories. The rest I prepare them and count them.

nah that guys juicing

No way you need 3000k to gain weight, unless you work in construction or this kinda of heavy jobs, or you run marathons on a weekly basis.
I'm 26, 5 9, 63Kg. My TDEE is about 2200 and I do legit 7h (4h lifting, 3h running) of sports a week (but with a desk job). You're probably not eating as much as you think.
I think you're under eating.

lanklets when will they learn?

is this a meme? should I just buy magnesium tablets?

2 months is not long m8. keep lifting, you will see more and more results

YES
Bacon - almost no protein, just saturated fat and cholesterol. Absolute waste

wanted to add something to this:
Let's assume you're eating 3k calories or even more. It doesn't matter. Also judging from your pics I'd just call that skinny, not skinnyfat. Even if you were eating 3.5k calories it wouldn't change the solution. You're not gaining lean nor fat mass. You might just have superhuman metabolism but again, it doesn't change the solution. It just makes it harder. Genetics are a thing and and you gotta with with what you got. Buy a scale and keep track of your weight gain - strength gain correlations.

Also remember to get enough protein. 150g should be plenty for you.

Had a shifty workout today too. First time I failed to progress. Fuck I was so mad.

300 kcal surplus is nothing

PPL is probably the best idea for a 3-day hour long split

its okay
maybe get a bench to be able to properly do bench/flys

the set/rep scheme is a bit weird
make sure that you have enough rest, time it out and keep it consistent.
maybe do 3-4 sets of 8-12

not the best breakfast but not horrendous
keep it in check of your macros and calorie count.

>develop muscle
>look ever better as you lose weight
>dont have to cut at such a crazy deficit
>helps avoid crazy-flabby skin.
you tell me

deloading is one option
eating more is another
taking preworkout is a real thing
try creatine
and (honest to god) find the right music
when I hit 1pl8 ohp the first time, i was listening to "One Day More" from Les Mis, and since then, musicals is all I've listened to in the gym.
>nohomo

medication

>1 gram of protein extra means you gain 1 gram of muscle mass
that's what you just said
what the fuck
if that was true then I'd be the return of Rich Piana.

same as any other exercise
sets/reps, eventually add weight to your body.
consider doing it before your normal routine

nothing its plastic
the stomach acid will, at the very least, smooth things out so that it doesn't cut your intestinal tract.

kek did you wear a white skin-tight shirt to the gym
>please say yes
there was a tiny little guy trying to lift next to me yesterday it was p funny

the best is a combination. Be best over completely, but dont let the weight drop like in a Pendlay, but lower it down like in a Yates.

for you're weight they are pretty good
why stop back squatting before hitting 3pl8?

if you're doing keto, then dont eat carbs
if you are counting macros, then eat carbs
pick a diet and stick with it

consider doing ohp and bench on different days
consider doing power/hypertrophy

Autism

I wanted to kind of split my routine between strength and hypertrophy and do this:

M:
squat 1x5
bench 3x10
bb row 3x10
ab workout

W:
DL 1x5
OHP 1x5
arnold press 3x10
shrug 3x10

F:
bench 1x5
squat 3x10
cable pulldowns 3x10
hammer curls 3x10

Does this look decent? My 1x5s are they days I ramp up to a single big work set and max. I'm between intermediate and advanced for most of my lifts if that helps. It's basically a rip off of beginner 531.

My advice is too lower your exercise selection. Mine goes like this:

Warmup exercises:
Face Pulls 3x10
Decline Sit-ups 3x10

A: Upper
T-Bar Rows (One arm variation) 5x10
Decline Bench 5x10
Zercher Deadlift/Rack Pulls 5x5
Bicep Curls 3x10
Tricep Extension 3x10

B: Lower
Behind-the-back Deadlifts 5x5
Sumo Deadlifts 5x5
Squat 1x20

ABxABxx

>medication
I was describing what it's like while I am taking medication. It's even worse without.

Alright so I just gotta eat more, or count my calories better?

Usually I try to eat stuff that has a nutritional info to it.

A good way to deal with the flu? If I don't get at least a bit better in five hours I don't think I'll be able to work out today, fuck

I'm 6'7" and i can't do hanging leg raises as the bar in my gym is to low. Is there a good substitute?

I want to achieve a physique similar to those of Rugby/NFL/Hercules statue but natty

would a U/L routine 3x or 4x week suffice my goals?

Never trained my core

I'm cutting should I start now or wait until I bulk?

Eat enough proteins and get enough sleep. Maybe not more cals, but high prot. I wouldn't advise changing your routine, but maybe take a week off, doing other things, or doing exercises you're not used to. The idea is just to get your body a break, sometimes it's said to help... Your choice though

Need some help here senpai
1. my lower body routine is Pic Related but I made some changes and would like to know from Veeky Forums experts if they're fine and im not fucking up quad and hamstring balance/harmony

2. I would also love to rack pull and power clean so how do I incorporate them there? Wouldn't mind swapping exercises too since Deadlifts and Squats would be enough to me for lower day with like RDL on squat day and Front Squat or Split Squat on Squat day

3. will I get t-rex legs from this? still traumatized from SS