7th day of not smoking

>7th day of not smoking
>still want a fucking cigarette
I'm not gonna break and have one, but will the urge to want one ever fucking go away? Will I stop missing these cunts ever? I've smoked for about half a pack a day for about 2 years, and maybe a pack a fortnight for the 3 years before that.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vJNJ35LSLsk&ab_channel=AvoidingThePuddle
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, now stop being a babby.

my dad quit for 6 months and still had urges all the time

I read this as I'm smoking right now kek. You should have never allowed yourself to get to that point of that much a day. I've made this pack last easily two months.

Advice, go out, bum a ciggy from someone. This will prevent you from buying a whole pack. Don't be a nigger though, at least offer a buck or something.

ween off nicotine addiction with snus

My partner chainsmokes op and it doesn't even phase me. The urge disappears after a while, I recommend iced green teas. Always have something cold to drink and try to walk alot, it helps cut cravings. Most importantly keep busy and stay strong op

I'm on almost 7 months op. I quit cold turkey and the urge never goes away but it does get way easier. Don't give up. You're better off in the long run.

i smoked 1-1.5 packs a day for the past 4 years, quit a little bit under a month ago and i JUST started getting less cravings

Dide its fucking tobacco. Wah muh oral fixation. Put something else in your louth, its thst simple you baby bitch.

Take a benedrylbthats what i did

You're a complete ignoramus. After a week it's all mental. Buying a cigarette for a buck is just bad finances and makes the urge a physical dependency again. I currently smoke a pack a day before that to packs a day. I'm 28 and have smoked for 18 years. I've quit numerous times that inevitably ended with allowing myself one puff. That puff turns into packs. Fucking cuc

Memes aside, vaping really helped me quit. I was able to get a little less nicotine with each refill, weaning myself off until there was none left. Then I quit vaping as well a month later, because what am I, a fag?

All my friends smoke, and now just the smell of it gives me a headache. I have no desire to start back up.

>WHaaaa WHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Unironically literally just don't smoke. This is like fatties who believe that caolrie counting doesn't work just because they are too lazy to do it.

When you stop counting the days is when it gets easier, stopped in June

Go spend one month in a Respiratory unit, I legit gave up a week later

yes.
smoker for 11 years and quit that shit.
no regrets and getting fit now, find a hobby or something.
another method is to calculate how much money you waste on the cancer stick in a year, then in a decade.
you will drop that shit really fast.

Try vaping man. Vaping made me quit my 5-year love-hate relationship with analogs for 3 months now.

The initial cost is steep, but the hardware will pay itself after a couple of months. e-Liquid is cheap, and a 30mL bottle will last you a week or two depending on your habit.

at this point its all mental, just stick it out your almost out of the woods.

Better still, continue to use the money you would on cigarettes for savings and investments. The sooner you do this, the sooner you can retire.

t. 4.5 years smoke free

yes, you'll be missing it forever
welcome to the detox side of the addiction

(ex-weed here)

e-liquid with nicotine is illegal in my state, does it work with regular liquid?

>pot
>addiction
>physical harm
???????????????????????

just smoke
you are weak
you will never make it

I ran out of pot last week, after having continuous supply for years.. Never bothered to get more. By evening of day two I had forgotten that I didn't even smoke those two days. Haven't thought about it since, until now. Purely a mental addiction. If it really is stressful to some, I recommend replacing with another rewarding behavior, something healthy that still gives your brain a shot of dopamine.

I know I'm not going to smoke, time goes fast for me so this 7 days will turn into 7 weeks soon and so on. I just want to stop missing them lad.

A L V E O L I
L
V
E
O
L
I

The constant desire will go away eventually for the most part, but you'll still want one when stressed, probably always.

after two weeks it gets easier dont give up

I'll never forget my fist time quitting tobacco...was a week in and just starting to feel good about it, then got t-boned by a pickup twice the size of my car on my way home from school. After that was all handled with police and whatnot I immediately went and bought a pack.

you smoke since you were 10 nigga?

one joint a day imbues your lungs with as much tar as an ENTIRE pack of cigarettes

Did potheads lose too much grey matter when they were smonking their epic weed to notice that coughing and hacking every 3 minutes for an entire day is not healthy?

Try a vape dude it's better

day 4 for me user, sucks cos they were fucking with my lifts but i really enjoyed smoking, that 5 mins away from everyone gave me time to think, i don't have anything to replace that little 5min respite

Don't do it, m8. It's not worth it.

>, but will the urge to want one ever fucking go away?
The actual physical addiction takes about 3 weeks to subside.
>Will I stop missing these cunts ever?
No.

pick up a juul or start dipping

Not a juul u nigger, u want OP to waste 100s of dollars to curb his addiction?? Normal refillable vape is much more worth while a d you can actually go down in nicotine not stuck at 5% or 50 MG

Source?

What state is That? It's illegal in some places abroad, but I have t heard of any states in the US ban pre mixed juice with nicotine.... if so it's as easy as buying the nicotine concentrate yourself and mixing not hard...

shitty advice

Yes. The smoking quantity you described almost perfectly matched mine before i quit

The hardest part are the 2 first weeks

I quit with vaping by using juice with some nicotine in it VERY easily, just when I started I didn't want any cigs anymore.

However, quitting vaping is also a challenge I didn't overcome yet. Still getting nicotine cravings. And it has become a fucking habit, especially while waiting for bus, after waking up, or after eating food. Not sure what is stronger, the nicotine craving, or quitting the habit.

I quit and replaced it with push ups and violin. Every time I needed a cig I did one of those two things. I am now strong and get the chicks and I am not poor. fuck the (((cig)))

It's not uncommon in the rural south.

Like lifting?

It will go away. I smoked for like 5 years and was a bit of a heavy smoker. Then I just stopped and you can do it too. Cravings are a bitch but you got this. We're all going to make it

Tfw all i had to do to quit smoking was catch a cold,Tobacco tasted disgusting after that.

Last cigarettes was 1999 or 2000. Took about two years before I felt as if I had kicked it. Maybe 2003 I asked a guy for a smoke after breaking off a 16 lb steelhead. He told me to fuck off. Today there are times that I think "If I was a smoker, I'd be smoking right fucking now."

youtube.com/watch?v=vJNJ35LSLsk&ab_channel=AvoidingThePuddle

>Today there are times that I think "If I was a smoker, I'd be smoking right fucking now."
Mah nigga

I feel precisely the same.

If you aren't smoking for your first time, and you cough on a joint. something is wrong with you. I don't cough after 1gram rips.

>Will the urge ever go away.
More gradually than you can imagine. It was about 8 months before I could confidently function and pick up a social life without hating everything and everyone. a year before I was honestly not craving nicotine, but still desperately needed something to do with my hands. Now it's been about two and a half years and I still eyeball the tobacco shelves in the store but know better than to waste the money and lung capacity to go back to living my life in half hour increments between cigs.

That's entirely untrue. Weed has so much less tar than tobacco.

Source 1: Tobacco smoke sticks in furniture longer and more easily

Source 2: When I was smoking weed all day every day I could still run, when I was smoking cigs every day, I could not.

Source 3: Your complete lack of sources for your statement.

I did the same.
Can't get over how bad cigarettes smell and I didn't even take note while smoking.

Yes, the cravings will go away. Stay strong OP. Make it past the 6 month mark and keep going

Quit for 6 years now, only get urges when drunk or around ganja.

You have to get it in your head that you're not a smoker and get rid of any positive association you have with it. The main buzz is from nicotine, it's a simple addiction, if you're weak go on vapes, if you're strong drop it straight.

If you care about not smoking, vaping and lowering the nicotine to trace amounts slowly works pretty well

Gradually in the first 6 months psychological dependence wanes off. Physical dependence max out in 5-7 days, almost of by third week. For me the worst was the first morning. Avoid smokers and smoking parties for at least 2-3 years you WILL get cravings when near smoke and cigarettes burning. After that I think it is controllable, but don't push it.

Get into vaping OP. If you get like a month into vaping, seeing a cigarette will make you wanna puke.