Fit aesthetics throughout the ages

Why was barrel chest considered attractive back in the 60s or so?

Lots of action movie stars back then had barrel chests and not much muscle instead of the thin chests and lots of muscles they have today.

People didn't care about how they looked physically and lifting weights was for basement dwellers. Most action stars like Steve McQueen and Clint Eastwood were dyels by today's standards.

Then came Arnold, capeshit movies, and the internet and now it is a major selling point, and almost a pre-requisite for being considered attractive or charismatic.

they were legitmiately less attractive too, mcqueen and eastwood had BUSTED facial aesthetics compared to modern stars

Idk Connery was very very good looking in his prime

>implying dirty hobo poncho eastwood wouldn't steal your gf

>Clint not hot as fuck
Get out

It used to be attractive to be masculine for men, just like it used to be attractive for women to be feminine.
Nowadays people love the sexualized artificial look, for both men and women.

Girls like the prepubescent look now because it is non-threatening, but to solidify men's masculinity they need to have muscular definition.
Contrast this to the 60s where masculinity was a feature one generally earned via merit alone. It was undesirable for a man to focus too much on muscles because to be masculine men had to have a multitude of individual skills and pursuits. IE: A debatably fat dyel like captain kirk was a complete badass because he was portrayed as commanding respect and a brilliant leader with an imposing mind and will.

>clint eastwood one of the best looking actors ever, great director and actor

The age of Alpha is over. Now we have pleb cucked actors like Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt

>imposing mind and will
>couldnt impose a diet on himself
Space keks

tom cruise is somewhere to the side of the alpha:beta spectrum, dudes just crazy.

pitt is a legitimately good actor and has done great movies like se7en and that one about fishing.

But he is still cucked, meaning angelina Jolie and the case of the 69 different black kids

Are you kidding? 60s leading men mog the absolute shit out of any modern equivalent.

Because barrel chest is real strength. All powerlifters and stronglifters and martial art professionals have a strong core.

Big arms and a tiny waist is stupid and doesn't represent real life strength.

60s leading men are all extremely masculine. Modern leading men are all pretty boys.

There were prettyboys back then just as there are masculine actors today, the difference is that back then the actors had far more developed skulls and weren't just roidceled potatoes

Idk why you guys bitch so much about barrel chest

I have it and i dont really care, never made me feel bad or something

You guys have such low esteem you think you gotta look 10/10 to attract a female, thats a beta thinking my bros

If you like a girl just go, wont matter if you arr fat skinny or however

Btw lifting for muscles is gay, if you lift at least lift for strenght, i think a man who in his 60 is stronger than younger guys is way more masculine than a 6% bodyfat one with 20 inches guns

>You will never be as attractive as prime Brando

>eastwood had BUSTED facial aesthetics
You're a fag

How are their necks so thiccc???

turinabol