What does Veeky Forums think about marijuana?

What does Veeky Forums think about marijuana?

Ok to do once in a while but you'll end up a loser if you start doing it daily

this is a pretty good answer to OP's question.

>you'll end up a loser
what if the sticky icky only makes you more powerful?

I think you should stop making this thread

DUDE

If you feel the need to alter your consciousness with substances you are somehow, somewhere, unhappy.

im so tired of these weed threads and i smoke every day. just do it or don't. look up the effects of marijuana yourself and be self aware, you'll know if you're doing too much if you aren't retarded.

It's alright. I buy a bag every so often.

Everyone can always be happier.

Anyone else enjoy giving other people on Veeky Forums shitty advice to ensure that they never make it? Means there's less competition for me.

Anyway, OP, feel free to smoke weed whenever. It's just a plant, and no one has ever died from overdosing on weed xd.

a powerful degenerate maybe

There was a time I was curious about trying it, but by the time I had the opportunity all the "XD ~le marijuana hIgH cULtUrE and and all the mongoloids smoking it all the time in college made me cringe away from it.

used to be a heavy weed smoker
havent smoked in years
just kinda outgrew it
im all for legalization
that being said, i think weed is bad for you
but do what you want
the occasional smoke sesh is fine but the problem with weed, that i think many stoners dont want to admit, is that weed makes you fine with doing nothing
and before you know it, youve done nothing for a couple years

are you sir
right now writing a poem?
why do you type like this?
are you from /lit? are you a poet?

Its a numale drug

you're on the same mongolian leadlifting forum as i am buddy, don't act like you're so happy.

I used almost daily from the 8th grade all through highschool. It distracted me from a lot of things and I am happy that I dont use it anymore. That being said I dont have a problem with it. Although its pretty fuckin degen desu

Yeah if you smoke it daily you're not gonna achieve your potential in a lot of ways.

I'm 23, been smoking for 5 years and life has just sort of passed me by - I've been able to ride off my intelligence to pass Uni without doing shit getting a 2:1.

Socially could have been so much better

Don't really have career prospects because I've just sat at home in my room for like 5 years smoking and playing poker which granted has made me quite a bit of dolla but I know that realistically when I look back on this phase of my life in 10 years I'm gonna realise how much I missed out on.

But I still smoke daily because I'm avoiding that reality.

I'm addicted and need to quit, at least for a little while. or at least doing it by myself

I don't really think of it at all

This is objectively not true

t. William Shakespeare

There's nothing wrong with weed once you've handled all of your business for the day.

I want it to be legalized and taxed hard so that it's no longer counter culture and stoners will shut the fuck up about it

FPBP

I think weed is a much better alternative to alcohol, especially since you can steer your high in a different direction based off the strain. It's not (physically) addictive and doesn't destroy your body or kill your caloric intake. Also doesn't make you violent or promote (so much) destructive behavior. However, I also think it's incredibly easy to get addicted to the feeling it gives you, and it's incredibly easy to feel like you're dependent on it to feel happy or euphoric. Weed can also mess with your thought process and have you dig up underlying mental issues you may have never faced w/ out it: anxieties, phobia, insecurities and can just all around detach you from reality even when you're sober.

I guess what I'm saying is, with moderation it's fine and probably the best drug to take for a good time. But it definitely shouldn't be used to self-treat mental issues (without a fucking doctor), and physical injuries have much better medications. Once it becomes such a habit you can't work out, study, or work without weed then it's time to stop.

There is nothing inherently wrong with weed.

The biggest issues I see are that it allows people to be complacent in their life and lets them accept their stagnation. As long as you still continue to progress in your life and don't fall into the le meme weed culture there is really nothing wrong with it.

In my experience weed accompanies a particular environment and circumstance well.

Weed, like any drug needs to be used responsibly. Most people dont use it responsibly.
Hence, popular opinions about it, 'killing brain cells', making you lazy, degenerate, LMAO, etc

Having said that, I like to avoid smoking or eating alone.

Regarding fitness, I find it messes with my sleep somewhat. Take that how you please; I cant really be more specific without entering territory I dont really understand. I also end up feeling less hungry for some reason after a meal.

Ideally, I would smoke a lot once a week, and do other shit for the other 6 days.

define "altering your consciousness"
i would argue that literally everything you do alters your consciousness in some way
the argument isn't about whether it alters your consciousness, but if it alters it in a good or bad way.
Meth i would argue is a taboo, alcohol is a sometimes, weed is very sparse.
More than that, and it becomes a crutch which over time will damage my consciousness.
this is different for everyone

if you want to argue than please make a effort or you just make your own side look unattractive.

I'm gonna do some squats tomorrow morning and use my bong afterwards. Gonna be sick

the new plan is to buy small amounts of very high quality DN bud to only be consumed after 8pm

i must emphasize that this is merely the plan

You're some type of Sherlock Holmes, aren't you?

DUDE WEED LMAO

DUDE

WEED IS SOOOO COOOOOOOL

Best sleep aid I've ever used. Pretty good to get high off of as well.

oh wow you caught me guess I'll have to just not smoke weed anymore

Lmao what? You made the claim, I’m not going to spend my time researching every time someone spouts nonsense. You attempt to prove that only people who are unhappy use recreational drugs.

I’ll wait

>If you've ever consumed alcohol you're unhappy
ok

I don't fuck with it.

+1

There are a bunch of benefits to using cannabis, weight loss and stress management being the two that come to my mind for health and fitness purposes. The weight loss is interesting because it seems to be through increasing metabolism and not suppressing appetite as another benefit of cannabis use is increased appetite which can help people finding it difficult to eat the calories needed for gaining muscle.

Then there are all the mental benefits that can be found with using psychedelics but in a much milder (which leads many to overlook) form. Studies have shown people that use psychedelics are more mindful not only of themselves and their impact on others (important for not treating yourself and others poorly) but also to the environment as psychedelic use helps people see themselves as part of nature rather than something that exists outside of it.

However, it is a drug and while not chemically addictive it is pleasant and therefore is often abused which leads to all the negative points that you can find in this thread. Same deal as any drug though that is user error, something notable about cannabis though is how mild the bad side affects are when you compare them to almost any other drug. Someone mentioned in this thread that it can make you content with doing nothing and then days turn into years, this is absolutely true and probably the worst side affect of abuse but try that with any other recreational drug and see how much worse that path gets, to put it mildly you'd be lucky if your biggest regret was wasted time - that is if you're still around to have regrets.

The answer is of course don't abuse the drug, but because of the general depression and anxiety the majority of the world is experiencing at the moment that is far easier said than done. Ironically psychedelics have been shown to be the most effective treatment of depression ever with proper psychological guidance.

Less calories than alcohol

Weed isn't bad for your health I'm a straight a student and I smoke before every class lmao

This user speaks the truth, listen. I smoked pot for 5 years, wasted my youth. Went to work on the family farm to sober up, and had to cut ties to old friends to stay that way. The past five years since then have been incredibly productive in comparison. All the old buddies who still smoke, whether they have fancy educations or not, haven't really achieved anything at all. Except for one guy. But he's the exception.

nice post and nice trips

disagree

If there's a choice between doing ANYTHING else that needs to be done and smoking, do the important thing first and foremost.
Otherwise as a reward / social lubricant it's cool.

pretty much

It fucks up your brain chemistry and lungs.

He said NEED you fucking retard.

Nice digits

Wasted

checked

i NEED to check those digits

What a fucking WASTE. Checked.

uiuiuuuiiuui, them digits, nice.

I smoke a small bowl every hour. Only go through about a 1/3 of an oz a month.

Yikes

I used to love it but itmakes you crave shit food usually with blood sugar drop. I quit and dont miss it, once in a while i use cbd oil for the help with sleep without the high

Worse than heroin because you're not afraid of it

NEED

NEverEndingDarkness
wow, new meme

I've noticed that I never dream if I go to bed high, so something IS happening though I have no idea what.

Your kind aren’t welcome here, thief.

I adore weed and smoke it almost every day, I use no other drugs(including alcohol), I work as a biomedical engineer and I'm politically and socially conservative, I utterly hate the fact that 'stoners' have made society think that all cannabis users are lazy, leftist, hippie degenerates

>haven't been high in over a year
>ate an entire brownie yesterday
>empty stomach, hadn't eaten in 20 hours
>got way too high, threw up from vertigo
>40 minutes turned into 3 hours
>jerking off was like I took slomo from Dredd
>mouth beyond dry when I woke up
>hundreds of birds chirping outside my window
>people stomping around on the roof
>someone was fucking with my FOV slider the entire time, too

Overall it was a memorable experience, but I should probably smarter about it next time.

Checked and agreed

cschehq't

I smoke every day all the time (smoking right now) and its definitely not good to smoke this much. But without the weed I can't sleep or eat well, so it's the lesser of two evils.
I'm trying to cook all my weed into edibles so i dont have to smoke it, seems healthier that way.

Anyone else have trouble breathing after smoking? I don't have physical trouble, I'm just super aware that I'm breathing loudly and not 100% calmly which makes me freak out and then I sort of spiral into a bigger freak out.
I'm fine when alone but when on mic or around other people it happens literally every time

Degenerate af.
Kys ur self.

Same thing I think about beer. Smoking on or two hits in the evening is different that a regular dipshit smoking like he's action Bronson. Just like beer. A drink or two sometimes is different than plowing a 30 rack every single day. Like everything : moderation is the key.

You are the burning epitome of a pseudo-intellectual. I get what you're TRYING to say but you obviously have no life experience or knowledge of how consciousness plays out during drug drips.. Water changes your thought processes more drastically than weed does for example. Go dehydrate yourself and see how high water makes you and how your thoughts change in a second.

same. always had a problem with appetite and insomnia, even as a kid. i feel like sleeping and eating is a good excuse to get high desu. also it gets me puss cuz girls are dumb as shit

>caaaan yooouuuu smmeeellll
>what the rock is cooking

>be lazy af naturally
>smoke weed all day err day
>somehow find a way to work 7 days a week, 60ish hours a week
>also liftan
>have an awesome career doing what i love that i had to work my ass off to get

its almost like excuses are the real problem

fake and also gay

want me to make you really mad and tell you how much i'm going to make this year? :^)

I think anyone should be allowed to do and allow whatever they want on/in their private property.
Public spaces should however be near sharia levels to restrictions of behavior. Like dressing decently (same rules for both sexes, no nipples, no exposed bellies, clothes should reach a couple of inches beneath butt/groin), no foul language, no prolonged yelling, no overtly sexual acts... Although some couple fucking in the woods or behind some bushes wouldn't mind me as long as it's not "targeted" towards someone.

desu

t. bitbean bagholder

>make this year
Why do burgers talk about this? Who cares how much you make in a year? Not like you'll ever have that money at any one time

imagine being a europoor lol

Absolutely Wasted Digits

lmao fucking blew him away holy shit if i was id just blow my brains out right now

Did it like 3 times but only the 1st felt amazing.
>be me, couple of years ago
>got some devil's lettuce from a mate
>smoked the whole thing by myself, didn't feel anything for 4-5 minutes or so
>think I got scammed and head inside, all of a sudden I'm in my room
>can't remember if I closed the door
>I'm outside in the garden
>just lay down for a few minutes to process everything
>slowly head to my room again, feels like a movie, I'm the 3rd person
>sit in front of pc, hands type something on their own
>switch between watching a movie and realizing I exist back and forth
>listen to music, band is in my room
>something is off, anxiety hits and try to calm down
>dad walks in, cover my face with my hair (was a metalhead back then)
>"hey, I'ma go buy some food, want anything?"
>"hahaha, nah"
>1 hour later head to the kitchen and eat chicken breast with chocolate, peppers and mustard
>get thirsty, pepsi bottle, open it, pour the content in the sink, fill the bottle with water and leave it in the fridge
It was a fun experience all around, I don't think I'll do it again considering the cost, unless I'm offered some for free tho.

t. highschooler