/plg/ - powerlifting general

Powerlifting (((generally)))

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01AURO5US/ref=mp_s_a_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1504728045&sr=8-15&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=resistance bands gym
youtu.be/IEeqGz-a2zI
youtu.be/PsK8NZpQOsQ
youtu.be/f3IA15CPf1E
youtube.com/watch?v=LO1mTELoj6o
youtube.com/watch?v=73lpR-Bk7pA
youtube.com/watch?v=nyO4Yz1WKOs
youtube.com/watch?v=qhrVsNpw6Dg
youtube.com/watch?v=2qIVRgE5yRE
youtu.be/QhVC_AnZYYM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

reminder a good nights sleep increases test and HGH

if you have sleep problems then youre a GDE

that was me in the last thread btw

Is 5x5 or 8-10x3 better?

How long is a dick

Deadlifting 1x5 isn't progressing anymore and I've deloaded twice. What do I do now? Eating more is not an option since I need to make weight about 2 months from now.

Can anyone recommend decent resistance bands to buy from Amazon (UK)?

1x3 add some volume after say 3x5 on lower weight.

RPE PROGRESSION

RPE

RPEEEEEEEEEEEEE

RPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

RPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

IZZY IS NOT A FRAUD

Should the 3x5 be a regular diddlys or a deficit/blocks to work specific parts?

I have some good resistance bands from pullum sports.
Unless you're local to Leighton buzzard they add a fiver on shipping for anything though.

If you're deadset on amazon, try and grab something like this:
amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01AURO5US/ref=mp_s_a_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1504728045&sr=8-15&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=resistance bands gym

Amazon has a very poor selection.

You might be able to find some good strength shop bands from their EBay, but you don't want to pay for brands when its literally a big rubber band.

Pullum sports sell generic bands btw, work just as well and don't cost you too much.

I'd just do regular diddys.
Should do the trick for you since you get to lift some heavier weight on the 3s while also getting some extra volume in with the lighter sets.

Alright thank you

I want to exhaust all linear progression before I do rpe

Do 3x5 at a lighter weight once a week and add 2.5kg a week.

You will feel shitty, welcome to the club.

>tfw deadlifts cause a killer glute pump

Ok thanks man, I'll have a shop around. The only reason I say Amazon is because I have a gift voucher.

Sumo? I demand you tell me what rep / set range you did

Ok thanks man, I'll have a shop around. The only reason I say Amazon is because I have a gift voucher.

Doms you mean

no problem, just go generic and check the reviews. Amazon is limited, but its not terrible per-se.

no problem, just go generic and check the reviews. Amazon is limited, but its not terrible per-se.

>tfw stuck on a 120lb bench press for 3-4 weeks
Crazy how adding 5lbs makes it feel so much heavier, guess I need more protein

You need more volume.

You see, your training stimulus isn't enough to progress, so you assume you're fatigued and lower the volume.

That's when you peak and get a little stronger, but ultimately you plateau and go nowhere.

What you need to do is MORE.

rpe is not limited to anything friend, its just to measure and adjust to difficulty

Is it mechanically possible to squat from this angle?

Dude RPE is for elites. You need a 500+ WILKS before even considering taking up REP POWER EXTREME

I don't believe so, I also heard it's a lot of pressure on your spinal discs if you did.

I don't think the balance will work with that back angle.

He's going to duct tape the bar to his forehead so it'll stay over midfoot.

Just do more volume and you will get stronger.

perfect

used to hate on suicide grip, but it wasn't that bad for OHP

brethern i tried to apply progressive overload to maximize my strenght for pullups and i think i hit a wall right now. i used to do 3x3 with 3-5min rests and add 2,5 kg every workout seesion and i trained PPLxPPL with enough sleep but the problem is, im stuck at 25kg ..i can do 2x4 but i cant do the 3x3..i deloaded to 22,5 and i did the 3x3 with no problem so next week i tried 25 again and i failed, deloaded next session, no problem and today tried 25 and failed to do the 3x3 again... what do?

1x9 with 95% 1RM next time?

More volume

More volume
Do 3x5 or 8x3 (or 5x3 e.t.c)

Just do a bit more

Back down to 10 kgs or so and do 8-12 and go up from there.

Is this the /form check general/?

For the benefit of the null hypothesis (form is incorrect until proven otherwise), I recorded my final and "shakiest" sets:

Squat:
youtu.be/IEeqGz-a2zI

OHP:
youtu.be/PsK8NZpQOsQ

Deadlift:
youtu.be/f3IA15CPf1E

I rest for 60-75 seconds and no rest between warm up sets, so my workouts have been short (pic related). I'm staring to feel the fatigue, so I'll allow myself 60-70min workouts from now on, but I'd appreciate a quick form check and bullying.

Honestly, those look too light to give good form feedback. Based on the bar speed and your rest times, you can clearly do a lot more weight.

Usually when you start getting a couple reps shy of failure, form problems tend to come out.

I'm currently at a 3pl8 deadlift. At this point 1pl8 feels very light, and 3pl8 obviously feels really heavy.

Suppose I get to a 6pl8 deadlift, would 3pl8 start to feel like 1pl8 does for me now, and 1pl8 would feel like literally nothing? Or how does that work?

Hmmm lemme suck those tiddies

That's about how it works for me

aye FR tho, i wont be using a bar.

Anyone got the download for Grey skull and SS?

You should unrack the weight with your feet next to eachother not in a split like position.
Control the weight on the way down, dont just dive into it.
Because of your quick descent you squat too deep and end up with buttwink.

Won't comment ohp because it's a meme lift.

Diddy isn't terrible, cant tell if you are arching your back (you shouldn't).
Otherwise try to sit back more and push your hips forward during the final part of the lift.
Take your converse off when doing deads.

go up next time with weight and same rep range? (8-12) ? isnt that a bit too much volume? i dont want hypertrophy, i want maximum strenght

You're gonna need to do a bit more volume/periodized programming now. Maybe do a TM style lay out with a volume day and an intensity day? It worked well for me when I did it anyway. You could also just do a bunch of sets of doubles building to triples, adding weight when you hit triples on all sets and then resetting back to doubles. You can only build so much strength with the little muscle you do have, you need to build more muscle after a while.

no volum i want maxum strenght

That's not how that works man

Can't do low reps only if you want to get stronger, got to start doing some volume aswell.

I would pick a much lower weight than you use atm and do high reps, from there you can try to progressively overload again and just reduce the reprange when you start stalling.

>
is not me

thanks for the reply

L A R G E
A
D

pls grow

no volume

only strength

>Can't do low reps only
Technically you can, as long as you do enough sets, not that doing high reps would be a bad thing.

Who is that cutie??????????

Makes sense, thanks. I'll shitpost again in a couple of weeks.

You mean like B in pic related? I don't think I do. Thanks for the hips que. Should I hold the bar at the end of the final rep for a couple of seconds to get grip gains?

Also, the SL app adds 2.5kg to DL each session after 100kg instead of the previous 5kg. At that rate, Squats increase twice as rapidly and will quickly take over. DL still feels easy; should i just override it with 5kg increments?

>fell for the bro tang-top memes

I bet you sip your protein shake during the workout too

Forgot screenshot.

Conventional. I did a max set of nine, then I rested a few minutes and did a max set of eleven with lower weight.

First time pulling with straps, too, which was kind of nice.

No, I don't.

You're probably fine to keep adding 5 kg

From the front my quads look big

But from the side my abs and chest stick out further than my quads

Is this normal? It feels wrong.

What are you trying to accomplish? Strength or hypertrophy?

choo choo

all aboards the gains train

Is this shooped? Wtf is wrong with your face

Is it technically NSFW if those are trans female nips

>diddly form is whack
>squat form is whack

at least my bench works

youtube.com/watch?v=LO1mTELoj6o

Relevant vid for that picture.

>when you make silly poses for the camera during MA's sets and he posts them on plg
Wow, rude.

If you like, I never had to train grip strength myself.

Yes, if it feels too easy bump up the weight a little.

Thanks for the replies, dude bros. I'll think about what you said about controlling the Squat descent too.

I can answer any lifting question you may have using anecdotal evidence only.

i've got the opposite

from the front my quads look like shit, from the side my legs look very thick, how fix?

I deadlift a lot but squat not a lot, try that

>bad head space, so can't sleep
>getting fucking depressed laying in the dark for hours
>get up and turn on the lights and lay back in bed
>actually ended up feeling significantly better

Would recommend

Is the "higher reps, lower weight doesn't build strength/muscle" a meme?

If you mean over 15 reps than yes

>meme?
stopped reading there

1 rep = test max
2-3 reps = build strength
4 reps does nothing
5 reps = conditioning
6 and 7 reps do nothing
8 reps = peak strength, conditioning and hypertrophy
9 reps does nothing
12 reps = peak hypertrophy
Above 12 is cardio and simply makes your muscles smaller

i already do exactly that

What do you lift for?

Someone here tried to do a bulgarian olly program "translated" to powerlifting?

I'm in the 3rd of 5 days (per week) and I'm destroyed.

did you work up to it?

Is this true?

I've been doing plifting since 10 months ago. I maxed out in a meet 2 weeks ago, rested 1 week and now started this program. It's pretty solid but I feel annihilated.

Took a couple videos of my power cleans. My form is hot garbage, I just can't figure out what's wrong. I've looked at tons of form videos but I don't understand how to get around "pulling with my arms." Can anyone give me some advice?

youtube.com/watch?v=73lpR-Bk7pA
youtube.com/watch?v=nyO4Yz1WKOs
youtube.com/watch?v=qhrVsNpw6Dg

>does nothing
>12+ is cardio

@ami_the_benchbrah

I suggest you to try to learn the clean deadlift, then the clean pull and then try to understand how to make the effort with the legs and the hip. You're basically putting the barbell in the shoulders pulling with your arms.

Watch some Max Aita's videos, it's a great teacher and try to meet someone that can coach you personally, is really hard (almost impossible) to learn olly alone.

It is very much true. A comfortable life doesn't make four very strong men, mentally or physically.

Never post Natty here again

Is the pic in op a neet or a guy that works in an office and plays video games really late after work?

There's a lot wrong. Hang power cleans are going to be your best friend until you learn. The rest is a clean deadlift which sets the upper back before the hips (as opposed to a regular deadlift where you set the hips and pull your back into a tight position).

This popped up on youtube, watch this, come back with questions.

youtube.com/watch?v=2qIVRgE5yRE

Brainlet

Any good videos on low bar squats or some tips?
Mainly bar positioning and how should I start with them. I was thinking to start with like 1pl8 and just do SS adding like 5kg each workout.

youtu.be/QhVC_AnZYYM

Read the book though.

Sometimes when I lay down with the lights on at night, I feel like I could fall asleep faster. Did you have an easier time? I worry that I wouldn't sleep as deeply that way.

I wrote a whole thing out, but the simple answer is that you'll get bigger and stronger if you do sets at or near muscular failure, recover properly, and use progressive overload.

Rep ranges are kind of less important, assuming you're doing the main stuff right. As long as you're not doing such high reps that you can't reach muscular failure (like a set of 40 on squats, where you run out of air before your legs quit), it's not a big deal.

In some cases, it even just boils down to personal preference, like "I do shoulders in the 15-20 rep range, because I've injured this shoulder before, and I want to use less weight as a precaution." That's totally valid, and it'll still work just fine.

What's that thing clarence wears on his knees

cum sock

Currently laying in bed with the lights on now, (obviously not doing myself any favours being on my phone).

When I lay in the dark with a bad head space I end up feeling trapped and unable to do anything about my problems. I just found laying in the light lessens that feeling and after a while when I do turn the light off I am a bit more relaxed.

Purely just a way to relax, perhaps increase melatonin levels or something scientific idk, I imagine there comes a point where it impedes sleep rather than benefits it though due to that fact.

Anyone got the download for Grey skull and SS?