How does this happen?

How does this happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-03.pdf
fns-prod.azureedge.net/sites/default/files/2012Characteristics.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I used to fall asleep in class all the time.

food yummy
exercise hard

An easy privileged life

-t shitskin from the third world

At that age and size it's likely that he's always been fat, no doubt has fat parents who fed him oversized portions of unhealthy food and he naturally ballooned.
Those habits would stick with him even when he began to have more control over what he ate, so the weight would stay.
There would no doubt be some kind of viscous circle involved, of him feeling bad about himself (maybe bullied), eating to comfort himself, retaining the weight, feeling bad etc etc.

idk though i grew up a skeleton and lifted my way out of auschwitz, you can think whatever the FUCK you wanna think

No, literally. Not meming. It comes from not having to care. You dont see this in the vast majority of americans before the second world war.

They're kids, of course they don't have to care. They aren't responsible for feeding themselves, their parents are.

cell tech

But if that's the case then why are obesity rates higher among the lower income/wealth brackets?

There are plenty of people with the privilege of being able to afford enough food to get to that size, but not all do it.

Bad parents and

Retarded parents
Part of raising your children is teaching them to feed themselves with a healthy, nutritious diet and to stay within a healthy weight range to avoid obesity-related health complications.
It should be illegal for parents to allow children to be above a certain body weight at relevant heights.

> muh parents bullshit
Assuming this fucker is above 15+ this is no excuse. Even brainlets should know basic nutrition by their teenage years, we have the fucking internet available after all.

corn being propped up by the government and adding corn syrup to literally every easily available food wasn't a thing then, either.

bad parenting
eating unhealthy food
carb coma

Welfare/ebt

Your taxes literally paying fkr their survival. If you had no drive, were a total shit bag and found out you could live with free food and board for the rest of your life just for being poor, with that number increasing for every member of your household under the age of 18, what would you do?

OP asked how it happened. That's the answer, it's not an excuse, but it is true.

kek, first day of school and he's already dead tired

Not gonna make it (tm)(r)(c)

Most obese adult aren't poor and most poor people aren't obese.

bad parenting
parents uneducated on diet/don't give a fuck
mental illness (probably partially inherited from parents)

Truth is this poor fuck goes home every night to a family (or single mom) that doesn't give a fuck. Parent(s) didn't give enough of a fuck to cook and lead by example of what a healthy lifestyle looks like... so it's totally fucking foreign to him. He's peobably one of those kids that has to prepare meals for himself if he wants to eat, which means shitty microwave burritos and no portion control so long as he doesn't bother his fuckhead parents they don't care.

I have sympathy for kids, dude looks like he's in highschool to me (a fucking kid)... which means the compounding depression of growing up a fat fuck is something he gets to choke down throughout college while he's busy larping with no close friendships instead of getting healthy and having fun.

Yea, dude could climb his way out of the hole he's in... but fuck just take a minute and recognize when you're an 8 year old kid getting McFattys stuffed down your face with fucking Cokes there isn't much you can do... you're not even capable of agency at that point... and the habits persist well past childhood. Help them out Veeky Forumsbros... they need it.

t. Been there. Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light.

He is either American or he has a mother with BPD. Kill the witch and lose the weight.

>Adult

Who is that we see in the pic there user? An adult?

yea because they were literally starving...

What are school lunch programs and their start?

Imagine trying to go to war and the majority of your soldiers are auschwitz teir before even leaving.

when the bad ones won WW2

obese teen here
i knew for years about how to eat before i had money to actually implement it. my mom would scream at me if i ate anything other than junk food when i cooked for myself (she wanted to save the healthy food) and whenever i ate what she made it was microwave dinners or pizza. also let my bro set up his pc in our shared room and play it all the time so i was sleep deprived as fuck 24/7 (which plays a massive role in weight gain in my experience). pretty much all of my family was fat except for my mom but her diet worked for her so she assumed it was our fault and made fun of us

Can definitely attest to this
Parents not giving a fuck is the greatest bane success for your children.

>I don't care that you're a child, you should just, like, look after yourself.

t. was cooking my own dinners at age 10, it was mostly mac and cheese and I routinely under-ate/was borderline malnourished. Grew up to be a manlet

>pretty much all of my family was fat except for my mom but her diet worked for her so she assumed it was our fault and made fun of us
My mom was like that too. She dumped me with my grandparents to raise me while she moved to the city. Both my grandparents are fat so the obvious happened, whenever she would come back she would make fun of me.

Jokes on her because now she's fat as fuck and into HAES while I'm thin.

Being obese is a full-time job. Maintaining this type of bulk requires to eat calorie dense food all the time.

My roomate is 400lbs. He eats 3 big pizzas every night for dinner. It's a commitment to the fat life.

Not all of us grew up with internet

When I was 15, the only "healthy nutritious diet" I was made aware of was the food pyramid.

And it didn't matter anyways, because I was not the one buying the food.

> He eats 3 big pizzas every night for dinner.
How do you even get to that point?

At some point do they not stop and think this has gone too far?

The LORD is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.

>tfw you realize how accurate a description of reality is found in the bible
>tfw you realize every problem of your own you fail to solve is going to be passed on to your children

Being hungry and eating when you feel hunger pangs instead of saying "no".

Developing it into a habit so you eat when you're bored just because it gives you an endorphine rush that makes you feel good, and gives you something to do for an hour.

Being so used to overeating that you feel hungry if you only eat at maintenance level

Important point nobody talks about: eating such shitty nutritionally deficient food that your body is still malnourished and craving certain vitamins/minerals even as you consume a surfeit of calories

Hey obviously didn't get enough sleep last night. Don't be such a faggot opie, as if you never felt tired.

tfw tucking hands into fat folds like a sweatshirt

:(

Genetics

>:(
kys reddit

That's a terrible chart for your second point, because most adults in the US aren't poor.

In 2010 (the last census), there were 234 million people 18 and older. According to SNAP surveys, there are 25.5 million adults getting food stamps.

If we say that everybody with a PIR < 130% is on food stamps, then we get some startling results:

Food stamp receipients are 10.9% of the population, but 20.1% of obese adults are food stamp recipients.

57.3% of food stamp recipients are obese, while 27.8% of non-food stamp recipients are obese.

census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-03.pdf
fns-prod.azureedge.net/sites/default/files/2012Characteristics.pdf

Caveats:

It's using 2010 population number vs 2008 obesity numbers. The obesity vs income numbers you provided only show age 20+ for some reason, while the census is 18+.

So in all likelihood those obesity percentages are higher for both categories

Used to do this a lot with grilled cheese, but my grandmother eventually taught me to cook, thankfully. When I wanted a snack I ate a whole raw carrot (peeled and washed, of course) or an apple/orange etc... they were good about keeping raw fruits and vegetables around. Still grew up with fucked up eyes though. 15/20 in both eyes after $4k Laysik tho. =D

Most blacks aren't criminals and most criminals aren't black.

Turns out EUrope is fatter than the US too

Fuck you, Slurpee's are the best thing that happened to mankind. Brain freeze 24/7x366

>Europe is fatter

False. The percentage of overweightness / obesity is lower in Europe.
Just because there are far more people in Europe, doesn't mean you can post retarded shit.

:(

> Europe vs USA
You do understand that Europe is not a country, right?

>punishes the children
I always thought this was the dumbest shit hearing it on sundays.

the parents

>Most blacks aren't criminals and most criminals aren't black.
But blacks, by proportion have more criminals than any other race.

A key thing that the delusional leave out when they give pithy aphorisms like this.

kind of want to fuck her and hate myself afterwards

b a i t as fuck

this.

I had a buddy. super fun and awesome. his parents made him fat. went to his house one day and it was trashed. I literally asked him

>"are your parents painting or renovating?"
>"no"

the place was trashed with shit everywhere. the guy literally only ate pizza bagels or some shit.

there was a real turning point once we went to high school. this kid stayed the same while I was going through a change.

I know. I used to be so mad.

Christ that used to be me, probably worse. At some point 5 years ago I decided I didn't want to have a heart attack and die before I was 40 so I cut the bullshit sodas and chips and figured out how to cook for myself.

My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner

When I started cooking every night I got my fat fuck family on board too, no more shitty food available

you would be surprised at the amount of people that just decide to eat when bored. I used to be one of them and it was probably the main reason I ballooned. 10pm at night? Nothing to do? Perfect time to eat some ice cream.

I was the same way, still am to a degree. Solution? A bunch of fruit and nuts, you can cram your face and it's nowhere near as bad

>I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDEDD!!

is he using his gut as a hand warmer?

lmao

If you can't tell sarcasm over the internet, then you're not even pretending to be retarded. You just are.

Then I suggest you get professional help, lil' buddy

:o

He is

Hehe your meme arrow turned his frowny face into an angry frowny face

>how to trigger /pol/

why would my dad take me to get pizza after soccer games? why do boomers not understand rational/spiritual fulfillment over being a pleasure seeking animal?

Because they were the first generation in a very long time to basically have access to anything they could possibly want within reason and were raised by people that saw America on the brink of total collapse.

Total unrestricted abundance and excess was new to American society. It lacked the trial and effort to know how it might potentially be abused.

Shut up kike niggers and mexicans are fat as fuck

It's true. Their obesity rates skyrocket past whites.

he's bulking

Fucking A.

I'm pretty sure that 90% of my diet was tomato soup and crackers before I turned 16. Then I got a job at a grocery store so I could buy real food. Grew almost 6 inches taller between the ages of 16-20 but still ended up being a manlet.

television, video games, lack of proper diet and exercise, no strong male role model to learn from, lack of social interaction experience, fatigue, sleeplessness, hot weather

it's sad but totally preventable and curable.

kid might have a terrible life

IS HAND IS HIS POCKET OR UNDER HIS ROLL OF FAT!

>Tfw 44kg at age 18

My parents just didn't give a shit. I ended up dropping out, go figure.

there was a real turning point once we went to high school. this kid stayed the same while I was going through a change.

What do you mean

I wonder, how fat does eating the adequate calorie intake take you if all you're fed is junk food anyways?
Someone who eats like shit but just enough to not get fatter and stay at a regular weight.
I reckon they'd feel like shit because of micronutrients and all, anything else?

fucking hell, I feel like throwing up imagining this

Because boomers are cancer. Plain and simple.

be american.

If you think obesity rates are bad now, just wait until 2030 or so.

I think me growing up fat was more of a kill it with kindness type
Unlike a lot of examples
>half Spanish half English
>lives in Aus
>middle class so parents cooked good food rice salads meats (nice meat like ribs and t bones and all) loads of veggies
>mum keep snacks in fridge salami and all hams cheese
>dad worked for the dairy industry so literally grew up drinking milk more then water at home
> all my siblings grew way taller the mum and dad (me too)
>but literally growing up with a bulking diet lol without lifting everyday we kind of got fat
I also have the type of grandmother that will cook a 3 course meal if she finds out you haven't eaten in 20 mins
When I have kids I am going to the same but add sports and a bit of portion control. Instead of every meal looking like medieval feast
But yeah guys quality food helps when growing up

Bulked too much

c-can i eat with you and your family desu

Dat der cell tech