Is it really that bad to mess with starting strength? Ive been wanting to swap rows 3x5 for the powercleans...

Is it really that bad to mess with starting strength? Ive been wanting to swap rows 3x5 for the powercleans, and also add bw pushups and pullups (3 sets every day of the week)... would this help with t-rex mode?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/I0uhDZ06hrQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm doing SS and I added accessories, I don't give a shit. It does not affect my progress at all so its fine (basically 1 accessory for muscle group)

are you talking about throwing rows out for cleans? because cleans is the actual exercise in SS, and bentover row is a kind of a not-as-good substitute.

about the pull ups, I assume you are already doing chinups? if so, I wouldn't suggest doing pull ups

Rippetoe is a good starting point. Where most people fuck up is when they take his advice uncritically.
Pic related

People on Veeky Forums who say not to do SS under any circumstances are literally just memeing. Even if you don't get the body you want out of it, it still won't hurt you in a way you can't fix.

SS is for fucking high school athletes why the fuck would a casual lifter need power cleans
do fucking gslp or phul

>40 year old fat balding manlet is repping 2pl8 and going home to fuck his wife thanks to rip
>you can't even squat that
SAD

SS is for the common person ignore this moron

>case and point
spine curvature is never a good thing. Also repping 2pl8 OHP is only ((mildly)) impressive when you don't do this.
If you lift for more than 2 years strict 2pl8 presses are pretty standard

Why the fuck do you want to adjust a 4-6 month program, am I too old for this site or is everyone here just impatient?

Also SS is supposed to have power cleans.

Where is your vid of strict 2 pl8? His hips are forward the lumbar flexion is no different than benching with arch

While that is true about the degree of flexion in comparison to the bench...the big difference is that the weight of the bench press isn't being supported by your spine. It goes in a straight line from your hands to your scap into the bench into the floor....retard

There is no flexion you monkey the hips are forward still waiting for your video.

Actually read the book and add/adjust things as it details

SS becomes more than just squats everyday while alternating floor pulls and presses

Power cleans are great for calves traps and abs though.

Explosive power never hurts anyone. It'll drive your squat up.

Then you and I are looking at completely different photographs. There is clearly a curve there.

You clearly are not able to understand the shit you're talking about. Now where is your video?

No, it's not that bad, rippletits says this is a few vids. The basic approach is so good, that even if you change it up a little you'll still make great gains (but suboptimal).
The problem is that you're new to lifting and don't know shit, so no, don't change anything, and just do it as it's written.

Purists will tell you pendlay rows aren't a replacement for power cleans in the program, but Mark has said they can be suitable for certain people. Given my ultimate goals are muscle hypertrophy over absolute strength, I felt it was a good substitution in my case. I enjoy the extra lat work and bicep work and it still trains explosiveness.

youtu.be/I0uhDZ06hrQ

>lmao2pl8 OHP for reps is only mildly impressive

You're not part of those some people. Do rows no one can stop you but don't misinterpret the guy.

It's okay bro he can achieve it in 2 years and strict as well you just gotta believe him and don't ask for vid.

Do you understand why power cleans are in the program?

...No.

Your post is actually a really good example of why is it actually is so bad to mess with starting strength.
>Ive been wanting to swap rows 3x5 for the powercleans
This is stupid. You're doing this because you're lazy.
>add bw pushups and pullups ... would this help with t-rex mode?
No. Jesus, no. Why would this help with Trex mode? Why would a program that is like 60% pushing/pulling exercises require bodyweight pushups to help with "t-rex mode??"

Production of power. Which is: heavy shit moved quickly. That's important.

do ws4b part 3

I had been meaning to ask as welll

As someone who is literally starting from no lifting experience, is it worth doing Starting Strength or is there a better place to start?

I've been doing my "own version" of SS for a year. Big mistake.

It really doesn't make that big of a difference what you do as long as you do something. Most of your noob gains will come from learning how to move stuff around.

Once you plateau it's time to switch to something other program and start thinking of progress not just in terms of adding weight to the bar.

Yeah I wanted to ask fit about his version of OHP. Seems like he helps himself with chest.