What's the BEST way to get stronger forearms? Some people say wrist curls, others say forearm isolations are a meme

What's the BEST way to get stronger forearms? Some people say wrist curls, others say forearm isolations are a meme.

I'm a beginner stuck on 225 deadlifts because I can't anything higher unless I go mixed grip. I'm doing PPL if that matters

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iQ5rY_beDLY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Learn to hook grip like a man. I'm a manlet with baby hands, and I can do it on a 32mm bar. No excuses.

Do a static hold with 135 for as long as possible after your do your deadlifts. When you can do it for 60 seconds, up the weight to 185. You can also hang from a pull up bar.

One arm pull ups with your hand facing away from you. My forearms are like rocks.

this.
I'd also add that on your last rep of your last set of DL, hold the bar as long as you can.
I do this for the last rep of every set. made mad grip/forearm gains doing that + bar hangs, farmer walks, and bar holds.

Isometric curls for wrist flexors, reverse isometric curls for grip and wrist extensors.
Also squeeze the fuck out of the bar when doing all your other lifts.
Forearms and calves respond better to isometric training for some reason.
Its why being fat for awhile gives you better calf gains than doing raises.

just do a variety of stuff
>dead hangs, first with 2 hands, then 1 hand at a time, then a couple fingers at a time
>dumbbell pinch grips, with a wide grip (ie wide end of the dumbbell)
>forearm curls and reverse forearm curls
>static barbell hold
/r/griptraining, inb4 muh reddit

Farmers walks

3 runs, 60% bodyweight in each hand for 30 second

i do 4 sets of deads, the first three are with weights light enough to hook grip, on the big boy set i go mixed

CHANG poses for pictures using FAKE WEIGHTS and later BANGS Minji while YOU do FOREARM ISOLATION EXERCISES LIKE WRIST CURLS and jack off ALONE

>I'm a beginner stuck on 225 deadlifts because I can't anything higher unless I go mixed grip

Keep doing 225 for longer sets until you can do higher weight. Other than deadlifts, do lots of pullups, farmer's walks, and all kinds of curls to develop your forearms.

Lock out for longer on your deads, it'll help strengthen your grip. Look into getting one of those Captains of Crush grip strengtheners.

How many one arm pullups can you do?
How many normal pullups? I feel like there's a threshold that must be passed before one-armed pullups start becoming possible

bump

Your forearms are never going to be stronger than your posterior chain, hamstrings, lats and traps, quads all combined. Accept it, buy straps. Take your grip to failure and go with straps from there. Holding onto a slow moving barbell is ineffective forearm training without chalk anyway.

Chinups with weight belt, loaded so you can only just do 5. *5
HEAVY shit form dumbbell row, or kroc row.
Take up mountain bike riding.
And when you grip, for everything that is pull, do it in the way that has the bar in the crease of the final joint connecting finger to hand, not in the palm of the hand - the way explained by mark rippetoe in his how to not get calluses video.

I've done every forearm exercise but heavy barbell curls and triceps press are the 2 exercises that really made my forearms and my entire arms grow.

I can rep 4. How many pull ups you can do doesnt matter in the least. Train weighted pull ups for 3x5 doing pure strength gains until you get to around 60% bodyweight.

Then start doing negatives and assisted one arm pull ups.

Always make sure you do this with your palms facing away. Otherwise your bicep gets worked more then your forearm.

sand/rice/ball bearing/N52 balls bucket exercises
farmer's walks
weighted carries
time

This. Also consider your rest time between sets. You want strengrh gains.

This. Any exercise where you grip the bat, hold the rep for a sec longer or so really squeezing at the top.

Climbing isolates the forearms a lot, so I'm sure that'd do you some good. But if you don't have access to a climbing centre or live near anywhere that can facilitate climbing, then I think you ought to do listen to this advice

You'll feel the strain in your forearms and yeah, it'll ache and strain. But good forearms and good grip are fantastic assets. Good luck breh

One of my favorite exercises for forearms is hammer curls with Fat Gripz on the dumbbells. For some reason I've literally never seen anybody else do them, although it is a great movement.

Well, for grip you have your farmers carries. You can also do pull up modifications that tax your grip more, like doing them on a thicker bar or doing towel pullups. For stronger brachioradialis, well, its an elbow flexor that works when forearm is pronated. So guess what, you do reverse curls and puillups instead of chin ups.

Jesus christ

it's no wonder he died

I have extremely tiny forearms and I can easily DL that much. I don't think your forearms are the problem. Might be your grip.

hey man just use mixed grip, alternate hands often enough and u wont have any problems

youtube.com/watch?v=iQ5rY_beDLY

This. No better way to work brachioradialis

Do grip training, use chalk, hook grip, or my favorite, stop being a bitch.

this, plus hammer curls, heavy standing oblique dips and heavy as fuck shrugs and farmer walks.

basically anything that involves having to grip something heavy for a while.