Coccoon mode

Coccoon mode starting tomorrow. What books, lifts, documentaries, and others do you recommend for me, Veeky Forums?

bump

Start with the Greeks.

I made a list of 40 books, 20 from BC and 20 from AD to give me a good overall picture of Western Culture and where we've come from. I am reading them in order, and it's been great so far. I started with Gilgamesh because it is the first book written by mankind.

Also, obviously I have to recommend Pumping Iron. On Any Sunday (motorcycle racing, and with Steve McQueen), and Endless Summer are great docs as well. All are on netflix or Amazon Prime

Meditations by Mark O'Reily.

Have you considered learning a language as part of cocoon mode?

What is equivalent of cocoon mode for a girl? Is it the same? I moved into a new apartment and tossed out all my toxic old friends and I'm trying to get myself into a better place.

Already lifting, eating well, starting to get into cryptocurrency so I can make monetary gains. What else?

>first book written

No it's just the oldest we've discovered

Make sure you do a ppl and eat properly so you can get optimal gains. Don't do a wasted cocoon mode like many people do

don't do crypto. everything else sounds good.

Seriously, don't do crypto.

Industrial automated systems textbook is a good read.

Don't cocoon too hard bro. It's good that you want to improve yourself but find a person or two to talk about what you read/learn about and you'll be set.

You'll find if you cocoon too hard, when you come out some of friends won't be around (moving) or will think you just ditched them.

Not saying to be a social butterfly but make sure to keep in contact with friends and family. It's what keeps me grounded.

Either way, it's a good place to start in my opinion

I recommend you do not do cocoonmode. You will end up worse off than you are now.

Don't do coccoon mode. Your social skills will atrophy. Read the classics and the Western Canon and all that, but DO IT WHILE YOU ARE LIVING YOUR LIFE SO THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY APPLY IT TO YOUR LIFE. I'm serious man, fucking up is important and necessary. You don't just get to disappear and come back cool.

>starting to get into cryptocurrency so I can make monetary gains
This is a really bad way to go about making monetary gains. You're gambling. If you don't want to gamble, but still want returns, then either but good companies when bad news drives their stock price down, or shove your cash into the cheapest ETFs you can find. Do the former if you wanna pay attention; do the latter if you don't.

I'm reading the old testament and it's pretty cool, I've been interested in religion for a while
but I don't recommend doing cocoon mode, you'll end up a fat loser with no friends, it's a meme
keep close friends, bulk but don't get too fat

>first book written
>No it's just the oldest we've discovered

True. The first book ever written was probably something like "Ashur's goat-trading log" or something of the sort.

I've actually been thinking of learning Japanese. My dad's family is from Japan, and I still have many relatives there, so it makes sense. It's easier to avoid the weeaboo shit now that I'm an adult.

>Glover's No More Mr Nice Guy
>Nightingale's The Strangest Secret
>Aurelius, "The Emperor's Handbook" translation
>Seneca's On the Shortness of Life
>Hard's Diogenes the Cynic
>Willink's Extreme Ownership
>Pressfield's The War of Art
>Godin's What to Do When It's Your Turn
>Segar's No Sweat
>Rippetoe's Starting Strength
>Sheaffer's Greyskull Linear Progression
>Enamait's Never Gymless
>Roosevelt's The Strenuous Life
>Donovan's The Way of Men
>Currey's Daily Rituals

Is crypto really that bad? Are you guys speaking from personal experience? I just started getting into it and its been one of the first few hobbies this year that I'm actually really passionate about so I would be pretty sad if this is the case.

I figured investing mostly into ethereum would be the safest to minimize the gambling/high-risk aspect

Yeah, I split the Bible into three parts: The Torah, the Old Testament, and the New Testament.

I've only read the Torah so far, and it's actually pretty cool. God is a lot more hardcore and into killing than I thought

>reading books

I didn't say it's bad, I just said you're gambling.
If you're passionate about it, and think that's the way currency is headed, then go ahead and support crypto.

>autism starting tomorrow

Unironically this.

I went "cocoon mode" after I lost my job a year ago

Still no job and now I am a social misfit loser without a car or any friends.

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE I AM EDUCATED ABOUT POLITICS AND PHILOSOPHY AND HAVE A DECENT BODY WOW! DEFINITELY WORTH THE CRUSHING DEPRESSION AND IRREVERSIBLE NIHILISM

It's Jewery, it will crash, it involves sitting and staring at a screen for hours on end and teaches you that instead of tangibly working towards what you want you should instead just be a little rat, pissing around with made up numbers and hoping for the best.

Healthy mind, healthy body.

post tits

Fuck the fags that say don't do crypto. I made over $100k this year investing in just ETH, BTC, and LTC. So FUCK OFF poor fags.

That being said, books:
>The New Testament
>Meditations by Aurelius
>The Undiscovered Self by Jung
>The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck by Manson (thought it was a meme book, but ended up enjoying it a lot)
>The Age of Cryptocurrency (only a year old and already mostly irrelevant in terms of information. I was blown away by how much crypto has changed in just ONE year. My advice is to learn as much as you can now about it so you're not a like fucking grandpa using the internet for the first time in five years).

Lifts:
>OHP
>Pull-ups
>Cleans

Documentaries:
>Deliver Us from Evil
>Pharmacopeia series from Hamilton Morris
>Pumping Iron, Bigger Stronger Faster, Eddie Strongman, Giants of Iceland (pretty much all required Veeky Forums viewing)

Write down your daily thoughts in a journal. Put down what you dreamt about or what is going through your head that day, no matter what it is. By the end of your cocoon mode you should be much better at formulating ideas and thoughts and expressing them clearly.

>I made over $100k this year investing in just ETH, BTC, and LTC
so uh
how much of that is in usable, spendable currency right now?
be honest

I made a couple hundred bucks off it. But it's probably gonna crash or something I dunno what I'm doing. I feel like a little Bitcoin is fairly safe tho

solid list

poor dear. what a mess.