OLD THREAD >>42756182

OLD THREAD Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

don't cry wojak

don't eat either

tfw binge ate for the last month

No sympathy from me. A day is a mistake, a month is entirely lack of effort.

My cheat month is going quite well

How is yours going?

I am 320 pounds and want to stop eating take out every night and start eating healthy meals. What is the best way to do this without getting a week in and falling back into old habits because of cravings? If I just straight up stop eating shit and just eat lean meats and vegetables I will 99.9% say fuck this shit after a few days and go to KFC.

At 320lbs you could probably eat Chinese and still lose weight.
Just eat less of it. Try something with less rice, noodles, and sauces. You could eat a 2000 calorie (maintenance for normal people) diet and lose weight. If you're worried about losing muscle, eat more protein and fewer carbs or get protein powder.
Also, if you start fasting, you're appetite will go away and the cravings will be gone.

I don't know why I thought you were eating chinese takeout, but anyway, you could still eat KFC and lose weight at 320lbs. Eat less of it.

>tfw can't break plateau

Taught students returning from summer vacation today.

One student mentioned I looked thinner, and when the others actually looked at me they were surprised to find he was right. Feels good man.

As someone who was 310 and is currently 201, start with very small changes. Make sure you are counting your calories every day, no more mindless eating. But you can still eat plenty of food that you like.

At the beginning of my diet, I was still eating pasta and drinking soda regularly, and seeing good success. It's because I was counting my calories every day. I still eat pizza weekly and drink soda a few times a week as well. You will make more healthy choices over time (and learn about healthy meals that actually taste good), you don't need to become a health freak overnight. You can do this man, good luck.

This isn't the healthiest advice but here goes: at 328 lbs, I basically continued eating like shit but way less of it. There were many days I'd make myself a bigass burger and have it with a can of soda and that'd be 1200 calories right there - and then the entire rest of the day I ate maybe 200 more calories, from yogurt or fruit or something.

I lost 25 pounds that first month, then the addiction to seeing the scale numbers go down kicked in and I started getting my act together. I think Lyle McDonald's PSMF follows the same principle: crash-diet the first few weeks because you have so goddamn much to lose and you have to get into the habit of counting obsessively and never snacking, then shift into the healthier stuff.

Being over 300 lbs at (I assume) 5'8-6'2 is no fucking joke, even in your twenties that's heart disease territory and I would be shocked if you didn't have sleep apnea or something related to it. You weigh literally twice what you should. You have so much to lose that a mere 500 calorie deficit would be doing yourself a disservice in my opinion. Go hard now, worry about doing it "right" later.

Good....Good

Either eat less of it or set a day where you can 'cheat' as a reward for following through with your diet

6'3"
From 260 to 200. Last 20 pounds (maybe 30).
I can already see the loose skin. Been taking much better care of my skin in the hopes it may not be horrific when I'm done. Any option for loose skin besides surgery or building up enough muscle to fill the space? The second of which being beyond the natty limit in my case, I'm afraid. I'd like to see definition in my arms, abs and was one day.

arms, abs and ass*
Fucking phone.
Anyone else feel more critical of their own and other's bodies since losing weight?

>started dieting a month ago
>don't eat nearly as much as I used to
>decided tonight was cheat night
>made up a big meal
>usually able to knock this back easy
>don't even eat half of it
huh

What's for breakfast /fat?

Pick related- protein cheesecake (109 cals), with raspberries (40) and a mug of tea (25 cals).

Know that feeling- I managed a quarter of a pizza at my last 'cheat' meal!

Breakfast is cardio.

>no subject

>89.4 kg this morning
It's been so long since I've been below 90

>sweating from lightly cycling downtown going to a shop

anyone else sweating like a motherfucker from light activities? its so annoying

>take a shit
>immediately have to weigh myself

I get extremely sweaty from even the slightest activity. Did it before I became fat too, but not quite as bad.
Especially bad on my back and front and I have pools sitting on my temples as well.

>I have pools sitting on my temples as well.

i hate it when im talking to someone and i can just feel my forehead getting more and more wet, i dont know if its an autism thing or fat thing

im scared of getting sweaty which means im more nervous and self concious, which leads to actual sweating, it's a fucking self fulfilling prophecy

the fuk are you doing, man? why all this fat and sugar already at the start of the day? this will make you crave bad stuff all day long.

my first meal comes at around 12.00. I have protein and some veg.

It's especially bad for me on trains and subways where you stand close to people. Really embarrassing.
That said, I have a friend who used to be an elite swimmer and is still in great shape and he's like a fountain all the time.

Keep at it. I can now do 60km in a fast pace and not break a sweat.

Yeah I'll keep plugging away. Before this whole thing happened I used to run five days a week and was planning on doing a half marathon.
The difference in fitness and just normal mobility is so depressing, but at least I know I will get back to that.
The only real test for me is to then keep it going and not fall into a black hole again.

After my weekly weigh-in, I pick up something weighing the amount I've lost during the week and since I started.

It's insane how much extra shit you're carrying around.

kek, i picked up and carried around a 5 kg plate at the gym a couple of weeks ago just to feel it out

Been 7 months since I started. Down 85 pounds. Thanks phaggots

Nice going!

> why all this fat and sugar already at the start of the day? this will make you crave bad stuff all day long.

You're not wrong about the sugar, but you are about the fat.

Fasting, using bioil
t. 6'4 went from 300 to 200
Cured my stretch marks and loose skin

well then. even worse. fat would keep you feeling full at least. now you are just jerking your insulin with the sugar.

your breakfast is something no fatty (or anyone) should be having, pal.

Do you know those asses or were you creeping?

fat fucks

how you doing today chad

yea they are two of my best friends. one of them sometimes annoys the shit out of me with her exposed ass. she means no harm, just generally clueless I guess.
'sup

Then again let this be a reminder that biking alone will not make you lose weight. Eating less will.

>tfw fasting
>fasting 3 hours
>now it's eating year

>17 hours into fast
Shall I do one more hour or eat lunch? It's noon here

>mfw hacked my 3ds just to find something to keep me blind from my hunger before next sleep

You're absolutely right about fat keeping you satiated and sugar raising your insulin, and one would generally want to avoid sugar right out of the gate. However, I am not so you're effectively preaching to the choir here.

>get PILLS against my orders!

I've noticed with IF that the hunger pains come around a time when I am used to eating. I switch up the eating time to throw my body off of producing the nasty hunger feeling.

Eating after 17 or 18h fast will not make any real difference in terms of weight loss or insulin sensitivity especially if this is going to be your only meal for the day.

Why is it so hard to just NOT eat?
I ask myself that every day when I start eating anything unhealthy or high calories.

>she means no harm, just generally clueless

She's perfectly aware, believe me.

Are you doing IF? I generally shoot for 21:3, which has been working out great so far.

Im doing a low carb diet and it's not working. Over the last two weeks I've gained a pound, though the first week I lost 7

I've done low carb before with good results, losing about 1-2 pounds a week, I went from 300 to 275, and if anything I feel like im doing better on it this time than last time.

I guess im gonna have to get real and start counting calories.

If go to sleep hungry then consider it as a good day.

it's very hard to NOT eat unhealthy food.
Replace some of the carbs with protein, stop eating junk food, eat healthy fats and you'll stop being so hungry

Yep. A food scale definitely helped me understand actual portion sizes.

How does one fast if they have a physically demanding job?

>at the gym
>SHE PLAYED THE FIDDLE IN AN IRISH BAND BUT SHE FELL IN LOVE WITH AN ENGLISH MAN

>How does one fast if they have a physically demanding job?
You dont. Fasting is a fad diet.

>for some reason stuck at 215-216 for like three days
>three days later after a monster turbo shit and regular diet I'm 211.3

Was I just backed up or something? I'm pretty sure the mexican food I had a couple days ago was messing with me.

>weighting yourself every day

Nothing wrong with that user. If anything it made me learn to stay away from certain places like Cafe Rio because their nutritional info is all out of whack

That's a little tougher. I guess it depends on how physically demanding we're talking here. You shouldn't have any problems with IF; possibly even ADF. Maybe don't go for a regular-ass water fast though. Although you could just say fuck it and try anyway so long as the minor weakness and fatigue of the fast doesn't impact your ability to do your job. Again, hard to say without more details about what your job actually is.

Construction work. So on feet all day + heavy lifting and stuff

there is too much fluctuation in weight for daily weighing to be an effective progress tracker . at most should be once a week. best comparison is taking progress pictures a week or two apart, or doing waist measurements

Could you eat early lunch? Like straight after getting off work, unless of course you work until late.
Otherwise, maybe just don't fast. You can still lose weight easily by normal calorie counting.

It's got no added sugar in it- it's essentially Greek yoghurt, cream cheese and protein powder. And considering I use the 3% fat and 0% fat yoghurt it's not got a huge amount of fat either.

Yeah, you probably don't wanna go for a water fast if you're doing a lot of heavy lifting and potentially putting the safety of yourself and others at risk. However, IF with a 16:8 split should be entirely fine though. See how 16:8 goes for you; if it goes well you could always bump it up to 18:6, and so on.

Fasting is supposed to give you more energy.

food is an addiction, user, and you can't just cold turkey addictions unless you enjoy feeling like shit

Anons, I'm doing fasting but now sometimes I don't even feel like eating and I'm worried that I'm just malnourishing myself like an idiot. Is it ok to eat less than 1000kcal for a couple months? 1/3 of that is protein shake. What will happen if I continue this way?

>eating at 500 kcal deficit since last week
>started off weighing in consistently at slightly above 100kg
>now weighing in at 98.5
a-am i making it lads

Keep it going. You're going to do great.

fat brehs i wanna work out but i only slept for 4 hours. should I still go i'm afraid i'll be obese forever

I thought this was a fucking meme till about 3 days ago when my experiment with keto hit the 11 day mark. Suddenly, not hungry, and when I am, it passed quickly and feels manageable as hell with water. I'm struggling to eat 1500 calories a day.

Wtf is this magic? I've done a balanced diet for the last year or so and lost 80+lbs and it has never felt this easy. Feels like cheating somehow.

Half a cup of fat free "drinkable" yogurt with some oats mixed in, half a slice whole wheat bread wrapped around 50g of turkey

Working out isn't anywhere near as important for weight loss as diet. It's great for your health/aesthetics/discipline though so get off your ass and get to it.

How fat are you?

> Is it ok to eat less than 1000kcal for a couple months?
Less than 1,000 a day? Are you a guy? If so, then no, that's not okay.
If you're gonna eat, eat right. Hit your TDEE or a few hundo below it.
You're actually better off just not eating and maintaining your fasted state than breaking your fast for a paltry amount of calories for the day.

Your body will think you are starving yourself and start to save energy, making you feel like shit

>thighs and calves burning after simple 3x8 assisted squats
Who needs plates when I have all this body fat for weight

>day 2 on the path of making it
>had a large apple and some grapes

welcome to the jungle baby

YOUR GONNA DIEEEEEEEEEEE

You've been posting in this thread for far longer than 2 days. How have you only just started?

I just started with the mindset that i had from when i dropped 70lbs, then i binged for a 3 week period and gained 15 back. Now I'm back in the game,measuring shit, however i didn't measure the grapes and apple. roughly 200cals

>didn't measure the apples or grapes
not gonna make it

I guess it's a cardio day for you boy.

I'm a 6'0'' 205 lbs male. I was 230 and went down to 215 after 3 months of eating 1900~kcal per day but that was too fucking slow so I'm eating even less now. I'm actually eating at near 1200 most days, just some days I eat nothing or barely anything. It's been a little over a month of this, but yeah I feel like shit a lot and have no energy when I'm at the gym. I still go almost everyday because I'm a NEET with nothing else to do, though.

Am I reading this right? You're telling me to eat at near maintenance to lose weight? Sorry, I don't want to take 2 years to get my desired weight.

The road to Chadness is perilous and hard. But we're all gonna make it lads. I believe in you.

Gonna be the first cheat day in months today as a birthday treat: large chicken finger plate from Zaxby's and a 6 pack of Guinness draught. Keto coffee might be the only other calories I consume today.

pic, sans slaw

Eat what you like, but I'm sure you could find much higher quality tendies if that's your bag.

>posting food on a /fat/thread

You said you were fasting bro. You're eating too little when you do eat AND you're eating too often. Up your calories close to maintenance and just eat less frequently man. Do ADF or throw in some water fasts.
You can surely manage that with your hectic NEET schedule.

So, just to reiterate on now I'm back home, here's the macros. 3g of fat, 5g of sugar (mostly due to the fact I'm using low fat cream cheese + low fat yoghurt) and 14g of protein per serving.

Considering my other go to breakfast is porridge which has 13.2g of sugar, 8.2g of fat and 14.3g of protein per 40g serving with semi-skimmed milk then quite frankly I don't think the cheesecake is a terrible choice at all. Plus it's much easier when I need something quick and on the go.

Is there a reliable beginners guide to gym/weightlifting? One that doesn't overwhelm you with shit

Read sticky.

Starting Strength. Read it. Do it.

tfw gained heaps of stretch marks when i initially put on weight and now im getting more when losing it

what do you think of the claims that starting strength will make you look like a T Rex?

maybe the fastingfags should make their own cult general, instead of giving advice directly contradictory to whats in the sticky

I'll join.

I asked if they could do this wasabi burger with lettuce wrap but they said no, so I just ate half the bun.

It was fucking fantastic.

so eating once every 24 hours is too often?

>he doesn't want to look like the chad of the Triassic period