What's a good strength and size routine for an intermediate?

What's a good strength and size routine for an intermediate?

Other urls found in this thread:

powerliftingtowin.com/destroy-the-opposition/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

P.H.U.L

is 1/2/3/4 a good level of strength to transfer to an intermediate routine?

Westside for Skinny Bastards

Hepburn

is this achieveable natty?

Is it fuck

no

yes

Jacked & tan 2.0
Nobody ever mentions it, but it looks fun and I started shilling it.

I really like the look of it but it looks too complicated for me

Texas Method

J&T 2.0 is a fantastic routine but the person who designed it refuses to simplify the formula.

It's effectively a routine turned into an equation with a bag over its head.

I like the looks of 5/3/1 purely because of how you can pretty much do what you want with it with regards to assistance and extra sets or whatever

Invest one day, read some stuff on the gzcl method. Do sensible exercise selection and you have a fun and effective routine for 3 months. That's a great trade-off.

5/3/1 is garbage. Don't do it

why

Super low volume, low intensity, low frequency. It might become okay with Jokers and fsl, but that's basically "Do what you want with a barbell" and not a program. There is better u/l splits like the aforementioned j&t 2.0

/thread

I like a routine with some sort of structure with regards to the big four lifts

5/3/1 is working great for me, hit 1/2/3/4 and the gains train keeps rolling.
Only caveat is you HAVE TO customize it to your needs and do First Set Last or drop sets for volume volume volume.
Make sure to add accessories and don't skimp on rack pulls.

Wendler is an asshole and a shitty coach. Prove me wrong

But that doesn't mean 5/3/1 is bad

But it is. You have to customize heavily and then you can do a routine that is based on principles and meant to be customized. Beides, he talks a lot about conditioning and work capacity but noone does it in addition. So why not have it integrated already in MRS and tons of volume?

I conclude: j&t, 2.0 is the objectively better routine and since they are structurally similar, there is no reason at all to ever do 5/3/1. Except maybe if you don't have time for a while and want to do the minimum to maintain.

Is that why 5/3/1 is ubiquitous and j&t is nothing but a meme?

Do as you please. I don't care about your gains. I honestly think that Jacked&tan 2.0 is the better program. 5/3/1 made me actually weaker than I was.

If you honestly think Veeky Forums always has the right answers...

I am starting candito's next week.

>Jacked & tan 2.0
I'm too stupid for this

>It's as if different programs and approaches work differently for different people
Really fires up dem neurons

Yeah, but who wants to do those stupid slingshot bench? Also so many non-conventional exercises that looks like will lead you to snap city.
Don't get me wrong, I love gzcl variations and sure OP could make his own routine using its principles.

I liked that and might do it again

It's hard as fuck though especially those 60 second rest squats

You can do it! It's actually only exercise selection. The rest is laid out for you. I believe in you :)

You don't have to do slingshot. It's more a template and a progression scheme.

YOU'RE FUCKING RIGHT.
He's a fucking sellout, just made a new book changing barely nothing. All his 5/3/1 variations are the fucking same thing, also if you look at his articles about nutrition you'll see he's clueless.
Not to mention he looks like those fat powerlifters memes out there.

So can I pretty much disregard all the T2 and T3 stuff and just stick to the T1 progression and do what I want for the rest?

B-but reddit said boring but big would get me big

You can but do you really need to follow any routine if you're just doing 4 exercises?

4 Day Texas Method is working pretty well for me, would definitely recommend

I thought that was three days

No, t2 and t3 are essential. But you can choose the exercises. My T1 are s/b/ohp/dl my t2a are front squat, snatch grip dl, push press and cgbp. T2b is dumbbell pressing and upper back work. Isolation for arms, shoulders, Abs, chest in t3.

I did the three day version, then switched to 4 as it allows you to bench and press every week.
If you Google 4 Day Texas Method there are plenty of forum posts about it with the layout

OKAY BOYS I'M GOING TO DO

Jacked and tan 2.0
TM
Candito 6

Can't decide

Look, if it works for you, that's great. You're right about different people and programs. It didnt work for me and others. Generally, I think the gzcl programs are great and underrepresented. And I think people profit if more good programs are known and talked about. So I want to make these more popular since - as can easily be inferred from the comments here - people don't know shit about it.

Just flip a coin
Head - J&T
Tails - TM
On the side - Candito 6
There.

Candito is great for lower and shit for upper body. TM will kill you and improve your squat but nothing else.

Look, if it works for you, that's great. You're right about different people and programs. It didnt work for me and others. Generally, I think the 5/3/1 programs are great and underrepresented. And I think people profit if more good programs are known and talked about. So I want to make these more popular since - as can easily be inferred from the comments here - people don't know shit about it.

That's just dumb.

Candito linear
Candito 6 week
28 free programs
Russian Squat Program
TM if you're eating a lot
Destroy the Opposition

Do manlets think hair counts as height?

Never heard of destroy the opposition. What's it good for?

Destroying the opposition.

>no one sayin jack about Super Squats
SuperSquats is the only way, OP.

If you naturally have good shoulder insertions yeah

I just max out for 20 sets on 2 exercises then im done for the day, takes about an hour.
S-405-B-275-D-495
Been lifting 14 months

If shoes count then so does hair. At least it's attached to your body.

t. manlet

My younger brother is a natty powerlifter and lifts more than 95% of this board.

I'm a weakling and only hit 1/2/3/4 last week after 2 years

Yes, 100% natural.

No way, that guy looks about 180 shredded at 5'6", compared to a real natty like frank yang who was 160 natty and shredded at 5'9" with 10 years of lifting. Even with good genetics its unbelievable

Have to disagree with that, C6w (unintentionally?) has brought my OHP max up somewhere between 5-10lbs on the 3 weeks I've been doing it. Can't say much about bench yet, though

>one set of 20 reps at roughly 70%
I did the program for a week just to try it out and it actually broke babby's first bench plateau

Metroflex Powerbuilding Basics by Josh Bryant you will have a lot to choose from.

>shoulder veins
>chest veins
>thigh veins
>varicose veins in the FRONT of his calves

that manlet is roided to the gills lmao.

powerliftingtowin.com/destroy-the-opposition/

>do a regular upper/lower split with no periodization and stuff

>but 5/3/1 is a trash

Daily reminder that there is big majority on Veeky Forums fit who dont even lift and just hate whatever is popular in normal world.

>85 to 90% for 6-10 x 2-4
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of and there is those set and rep range is even dumber.

>Hey bro I'm looking for a new program, got any in you like?
>Yeah dude just do 1 to 10 sets for 1 to 10 reps 1 to 6 days a week at low to high intensity

unironically post body

have you met jamie lewis?

Frank Yang is Asian though.

"5/3/1 is bad routine" is a meme

You're dumb

is that a fucking joke?

this is what this board has done to people. you're used to looking at roided monsters so often that it looks normal.

disconnect yourself from the bodybuilders you see everywhere in media.

simply look at that guy.
does he look like a normal human being?

OF COURSE THATS NOT ACHIEVABLE NATTY jesus fucking christ

5/3/1 BBB
yeah mane just count your macros, train real hard and take all the right supplements just have a pump in good lighting bro

this guy thinks making his hair stand up high is going to help him look less short lol

fuck all those dudes, do you think any of those guys would stop to help you out if you were stranded on side of highway? would they not piss their pants in firefight with ISIS covering your back?

anyone that unironically aspires to be like that and have that lifestyle is lost