Vegan General

How come so many people have something against vegans?

Veganism doesn't cause unnecessary harm for animals.
It has way lower negative impacts on the environment.
Vegans live six to ten years longer than the average meat eaters and their risk of heart disease is two times lower than for the average meat eater.
Many scientists and professional athletes are vegans.

Other urls found in this thread:

chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529694/#!po=57.9365
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/42/1/127
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170829091027.htm
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
uib.no/en/node/103172
healthline.com/nutrition/5-studies-on-saturated-fat
bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html
diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2qxnro/red_meat_triggers_toxic_immune_reaction_which/cnai2od/
caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-best.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html
lloydianaspects.co.uk/opinion/veggie.html
t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/10-things-vegetarians-get-wrong
t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/vegans-suck-at-science-heres-the-proof
youtu.be/mjmV8BlsJTQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because they know subconsciously that their own diets are immoral and unhealthy, but they don't wan't to change so they bash vegans instead.

man that pic sure made an impact here, everyone's using it to stomp veganism

It is called cognitive dissonance, when meat eaters talk with a vegan even when the subject isn't necessarily on veganism they are confronted with the fact that on a spectrum of morality they are inferior to vegans and they realize their stable live full of virtue signalling on many leveks isnt that stable anymore

Meat tastes good.

Vegan food (that is not just grains and vegetables) is expensive.

Most vegans are cunts.

shut up vegan

I feel like I would dominate you physically

The way vegans type is so cringe that im finding it hard to accept that there are legitimate vegans around here and that this is the new SS+GOMAD that people pretend is good to fuck with beginners.

post body faggot

Here

Me enjoying meat.

Stay jelly, vegans.

Dyel confirmed

No we dont. Its pretty clear vegetarianism is bad

Vegetables arent natural wtf fruit grows wild? Not bananans, not limes, lemons or grapefruit, not watermelon or cauliflower, not corn, not hemp, not potatoes tomatoes, or peppers.

On the other band meat has been readily available forever.

Eskimos literally didnt have vegetables in their diet, they ate the organs and got vitamins that way instead

>Its pretty clear vegetarianism is bad
Can you further explain?

>why do people on a Taiwanese clam shelling public debate Hall's health and fitness board not agree with this arbitrary, unhealthy, costly, low nutrient fad diet that I follow solely to get attention from others?
Lol

How about just eating a balanced diet with the correct amount of calories and not being a massive faggot

>le balanced diet meme

Their diet makes me respect them a little less than I normally would

Vegans are cool until they get obnoxious and try to convert people or prepend to be superior to normal people.

You're answering your own question OP. It's like a jehovah's witness asking, "How come so many people have something against me?" Because you're self righteous enough to A. Think your way is the best/only diet and 2. wondering OUT LOUD why others haven't spontaneously adopted your way.

>pre judges people, condemns lifestyles just for being different, takes the moral highground because save the floofs
I bet you're antifa too your fucking hypocrite.

If I wanted to be preached at, I'd go to church.

I know my diet harms animals, I just don't care.

It's a credability thing for me. I had friends who watched cowspiracy, went vegan, lectured me about how bad meat is and then got over the fad and forgot about it a month later.

And despite the consensus of the thread I dont have a moral issue with eating meat and I'm not going to change my personal beliefs based on someone else's values.

all vegan milks in coffee curdle and taste like shit

Being alive harms animals.

The only ethical choice is to an hero.

Are you black?

It's because they make meat eaters seem like the anti-christ for living their lives
I don't care what you eat or how you live your life but you should insult and demerit others life choices
That goes for vegans and people shitting on vegans
You people need to grow up

This. 100% spot on. Easier to shame others than work on yourself. It's how people cope with their poor choices and lack of control. I'm not a vegan, but I admire them. At least I admit I'm not strong enough to completely remove meat from my diet yet and I don't shame those who can. So far I managed to stop eating pork completely and drinking milk.

It does cause an enormous amount of preachyness and disinformation. I'd say it's mostly the preachy stuff tho

>Many scientists and professional athletes are vegans.
Many more are meat eaters.

>Vegans live six to ten years longer than the average meat eaters and their risk of heart disease is two times lower than for the average meat eater.
Thats just not true.

>Veganism doesn't cause unnecessary harm for animals.
Is nutrition unnecesary? There have been many cases of vegans that have become ill due to lack of nutrition, wich can be atributed to their diet.

>It has way lower negative impacts on the environment.
Debatable, but thats your only argument I KINDA agree with

OP, are you pro life too? Because being anti-abortion causes less harm to unborn humans. It would be hypocrixtical to want harm caused to one living creature and not another.
at conception the fetus has a completely separate genetic code from the mother, separating it completely as a seperate entity.

about vegans living longer - I've tried to find information about that and come up blank. can you link? or is it propaganda?

Because they shitpost on this board far too much

>unhealthy
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529694/#!po=57.9365
>ajcn.nutrition.org/content/42/1/127
>Contrary to popular belief, consuming a higher amount of fat (about 35 per cent of energy) is associated with a lower risk of death compared to lower intakes. However, a diet high in carbohydrates (of more than 60 per cent of energy) is related to higher mortality, although not with the risk of cardiovascular disease.
>The research on dietary fats found that they are not associated with major cardiovascular disease, but higher fat consumption was associated with lower mortality; this was seen for all major types of fats (saturated fats, polyunsaturated fats and mono unsaturated fats), with saturated fats being associated with lower stroke risk. The researchers point out that, while this may appear surprising to some, these new results are consistent with several observational studies and randomized controlled trials conducted in Western countries during the last two decades.
>The large new study, when viewed in the context of most previous studies, questions the conventional beliefs about dietary fats and clinical outcomes, says Mahshid Dehghan, the lead author for the study and an investigator at PHRI.
>sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170829091027.htm
>(cont.)

>It has way lower negative impacts on the environment
If you decide what you eat based on global warming, you're one retarded prick.

>(cont.)
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
>chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>uib.no/en/node/103172
>healthline.com/nutrition/5-studies-on-saturated-fat
>bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285
>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html
>diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
>chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
>mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
>rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
>deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/ >foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
>deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
>>saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
>reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2qxnro/red_meat_triggers_toxic_immune_reaction_which/cnai2od/
>caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/

Because vegans have the gall to compare me to the average meat eater. Also fuck animals.

>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-best.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html
>lloydianaspects.co.uk/opinion/veggie.html
>t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/10-things-vegetarians-get-wrong
>t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/vegans-suck-at-science-heres-the-proof

>posts non-factual and opinion-based statements

Good job dude you really debunked just about every argument a vegan would be able to come up with

I've legit never heard this argument from meat eaters. Nice strawman tho my dude.

Harm to animals is necessary. It's very hard to cook and eat them if you don't kill, skin or pluck, and eviscerate them first, and frankly for the larger ones trying to eat them alive is unsafe as well as cruel.

So then You're pro life as well right? Since you want to eliminate suffering and so many vegans are not pro life shouldn't you start with your own community first?

I'm all for minimizing cruelty to animals. That's why I hunt with a .45-70. 325 grain .458-caliber projectiles traveling at 2000 feet per second will blow huge holes through any game animal that walks this continent. If you place your shots correctly it will do catastrophic damage to your prey's heart and lungs, causing near-instantaneous incapacitation and unconsciousness and death within seconds. It's far more humane than trucking them to a slaughterhouse.

>milk industry is driven by money

what the fuck? did anyone think they were a charity?

Let's see
>Most vegans are cunts.
>shut up vegan
>Their diet makes me respect them a little less than I normally would
>Vegans are cool until they get obnoxious and try to convert people or prepend to be superior
>OP. It's like a jehovah's witness ... Because you're self righteous
>If I wanted to be preached at,
>they make meat eaters seem like the anti-christ
>propaganda
>they shitpost
>vegans have the gall to

Enough hurt feefees for you yet?

>ignores the three posts of actual facts to attempt to insult non-vegans
Typical vegan behavior.

He said non vegans never have hurt feefees because of vegans showing them the right way, I proved him wrong. Nothing more, nothing less.

How about you vegan idiots just accept that the average person doesn't give a fuck about your soy faggotry and MUH SCIENTIFIC EBIDENSE kvetching?
Most people don't care and find you vegans insufferable. I'm glad humans continue to dominate animals.
Welcome to the food chain bitch.

Before anyone falls for the false lies that vegetarianism or veganism is scientifically better for you...
youtu.be/mjmV8BlsJTQ

In every general I ask meatfags why, if 100% veganism is unhealthy, they don't just eat plant-based + bivalves and thus minimise ethical/environmental impact while still eating healthy? I've never once gotten a response BECAUSE MEATFAGS DON'T HAVE ONE.

cringe

Boy I was trying to help you Why you gotta do me dirty like that

>driven by money
no its not. Its held together by government subsidies and welfare. That shit went bankrupt in 1940s but you'd never know it since the government also shills and pays their way.
They throw away more milk than us used every single year. Food subsidies need to be done away with

this is the meat-eating version of the vegan attitude

To deny one's self of meat is to pretty much ignore all of culinary history. How am I supposed to enjoy the good life without filet mignon? Peking duck? Sushi? Any and all baked goods?
I'm being completely serious by the way.

I keep asking why you aren't pushing pro life in you community to minimize the ethical damage caused by abortion.

desu i might be inclined to give it a go if it didn't seem like such a pain in the arse to avoid animal products. that shit is in everything. i reckon i could do vegetarian

also my aunt went vegan for a bit and got really sick because of a lack of vitamin b or some shit, i assume that was her being retarded though

>if I comment cringe more people will go vegan
Sorry, your smarm does nothing. DOWN WITH THE VEGAN AGENDA.

>Expecting sympathy from a bourgeoisie vegan

youtu.be/mjmV8BlsJTQ

It's healthy but you won't be a bodybuilder anytime soon
Otter mode is about what you can get, which is pretty good I guess cause you got access to all that vegan pussy

Ironically it seems like being vegan is extravagant. Especially since many prefer to eat fake meat instead of a more natural diet. Like what's the fucking point? Tricking your body with fake food? It's in some way admitting the cave man part of us craves meat.

It's not healthy at all.
Humans are not meant to subsist on a plant based diet. You will lose out on a ton of nutrients and amino acids.
Further more, more than 90% of vegans/vegetarians resume an omnivore diet.
Less than 3% of the population is able to maintain a vegan diet.

>Expecting logical consistency from "straight" "men" who claim vegans are fags, then proceed to stuff their own faces with phallic shaped literal meat and enjoy the taste and ask for more and gladly pay money to have someone's phallic shaped meat in their mouth, and then organizer gatherings on Sundays where dozens father in the same location and roast lots of phallic shaped meat and put it in all their mouths
Where was I
Oh yeah lentils are gay kids, hummus and spinach are too.
>Eat meat Bobby, put it in your mouth like your father unironically and enjoyably does in front of you... Oh god that pig meat is delicious mmm I'm so straight I could fuck Matt Kroc now oh yes mmm eat the phallic shaped meat daddy gives you
>And make sure to swallow, don't spit the meat out... Swallow it whole like the little meat slut you are
Fucking degenerates

>Quinoa from Peru
>Peanuts from America
>Beans from Central America
>Lentils from South Asia

>Veganism is totally natural you guys

Ayyy was clicking too fast, I take it back
Falafel with hummus and chill? No homo
Fucking lol

Fun fact about the quinoa part, I used to live in the mountains down there when the hipsters discovered quinoa, since then it's been a fuckload more expensive for the natives there since they started shipping almost all of it out of the country, forcing even more people to eat meat instead of the quinoa.

So good job vegans, your expensive addiction has done zilch for the animals of the world.

Whatever gives you the impression I want to eliminate suffering?

He could eat multivitamin gummies then

>It's because they make slave owners seem like the anti-christ for living their lives
>I don't care what you eat or how you live your life but you should insult and demerit others life choices
>You people need to grow up

i have no idea why you quoted me and everything you said made you sound like a massive queer

i just think veganism sounds like a bit too much faff

Acknowledge:

Oh shit I realized there was a typo lol

The brand of veggie burger and tempeh in that picture are cheap and tasty as fuck. I'd recommend it even to meat eaters for a high protein meal especially for cutting.

Too bad you can't say this without everyone blowing up and getting defensive. So it goes.

Your moralistic argument

This doesn't quite work though.
>You like movies?
>Yes.
>Then why don't you go do the real thing?

Entertainment is not sustenance and vice versa, try again though sweaty

Ah another pro lifer I see!

If meat is murder, then abortion is also murder. Neither has a voice or consent.
Are you taking this moral high ground with your own community which is not pro life?

That's not even the point of fake meat. It's a terrible misnomer and awful marketing in my view. It's usually a mix of pea protein and certain veggies for taste. The idea is that it is a substitute for a dish that is generally a good idea, say a burger with a mix of savory ingredients between two buns, with this protein in its place. It's not "fake" by any means. But it does certainly replace most important vitamins and minerals and some of the new recipes they are coming out with are fucking great.

Even as a meat eater, your choices of tasty, nutritional food keep on opening. I don't see what the big deal is. I understand some vegans are cunts, but come on now.

Millions upon Millions of impoverished people require meat in their diet because they can't afford the vegan lifestyle, it's kind of fucked how much meat we need to feed our race but that's the mess we're in at the moment.

What's right and what we have to do isn't always the same, sadly.

You can moralfag all you want, it won't change the fact that the majority of the population require meat to survive, that being said I think we should be as humane as possible in the process.

You missed the point
What does that have to do with me proving the other guy an idiot
Same as ^

people live for validation and it's been a meme for a while now that vegans are laughable

So you don't care about animals, just proving someone's an idiot?
I guess that just goes to show vegans/vegetarians don't care about health/ethics/environment and only care about controlling and manipulating people.

That would explain why she hasn't refuted any of my points.

>So you don't care about animals
Where did you infer that from user? I can call you an idiot right now, that doesn't mean I don't care for animals

She fell for the jocks r dumb meme.

So then you are pro life?

She's checking Reddit to see how to answer.

Yes, and? You should still opt for healthy and wholesome meals like lentil chili, chickpea curry, bean burritos, falafel wraps etc

Because nobody likes pretentious people

Not if you can't afford it.

We'll the vegan community is largely pro choice. Why are you policing here when your community doesn't place equal values on life?
If you don't clean your own home how can you come to ours?
If a fetus is a living being and has less value than a chicken, you are not being moralistically consistent.
I also see you want to try to switch hers back to the health arguments.
The health argument doesn't work for vegans,neither does the moral argument.
If you want to eat a plant based diet knock yourself out.
But stop being a little fascist trying to bully people into your way of life because of feelings.

It's the only way they're empty hearts can feel fulfilled, they want people to notice that they're "morally in the right" so they go out and start shit.

You are all retarded and massively insecure.

Because it's a bad meme like banana man that ruined /b/ YLYL threads

Sure a few pretentious faggots like going on about it ad-nauseum but everyone else wishes that you'd drop dead