Dad gave me 5,000 for crypto investment. Feels/advice thread

Hey /biz, near-broke student here. Been lurking Veeky Forums ever since 2011 though, when I was 13. Around then I asked my dad for $500 to buy this thing called "Bitcoin." He said no even though I told him how revolutionary blockchain technology was.

Today he apologized for not supporting me and he was almost in tears cause I'd have been a multimillionaire at age 18 if he listened to me. He said he couldn't go back in time and fix that, but he wanted to "make it up" to me.

Long story short, he gave me a check for $5,000 to invest in crypto while I'm in uni. I told him I'd pay it back eventually.

What do you guys recommend? Buy and hold? Trading? Which coins? Help a noob out. Genuine discussion and thoughtful answers should leave BTC addresses, might toss a few sats.

ill give you a 1000 LINK for your dad

I told my dad to invest in bitcoin at 3k and he said no. cunt.

All in on link

DUDE

Fuck his dad, help an actual struggling LINK marine

0x08cc5c4b81f5a743c1200373ce0b0a9d57ed1f88

I’ve gotten massacred

to answer your question, why not split your portfolio like this

40/50% strong holds
20/30% strong alts
10/15% random ass shit coins in case they moon
5/10% day trading or margin trading if you feel like it

Bro, that's hella sad. If only he believed in u.

None the less, he did what he can. I respect that man.

got 20000 link since 7600 so not prepared to help you out user - although if you send me OPs dad, i will reconsider (((bounty)))

25% btc
25% ltc
25% xmr
25% whatever shitcoins shilled here (ark, link, vtc) pick your poison.

And don't day trade your money away.

If you're being real I thank you forever. However I only have a coinbase account so far. What exchange should I sign up for to get myself some LINK?

50% Bitcoin cash next dip

25% NEO 25% ETP or ARK

for real - 25% LINK - 25% DBIX - 25% SALT - 25% BTC

That sounds like a strong rec.
What do you think are strong holds? BTC and ETH?
Strong alts?
I'm thinking about buying LINK, IOTA, and Ripple with that 15%.

buy ark, hodl for a year, make daddy proud

you will need to register for Bittrex/Binance

Don't buy ripple
I made that same mistake when I started and ended up with the worst bags of my life

BLOCK
LINK
ADA

I don't blame him. He's a really smart guy and his arguments were legitimate. He believed in me for a lot of other things, and told me I could get a perfect score on the ACT when I was in like 4th grade.

strong holds - BTC, NEO, LTC
strong alts - WTC, ARK
I fucking hate you poorfag, get rich

for strong probably litecoin, monero, bitcoin, perhaps a little bit of bcc, and eth

invest $1000 in each:

bitcoin
ethereum
gas
factom
zencash

trust me

Request.

ARK board the Boat - God is sending us all a Second sign. It’s under $4 today. I can’t say the same for this time next week. It’s the coin that links all block chains - has an impressive Set of Devs and good social support. Spend $500 today and cash $50,000 in 2 years. Sorry it won’t be millions but if you want 5 years it just may be

No LTC
No ARK
No BCH
>Trust me
>Pick one

Half in BTC. 25% in other long term holds. 25% in high risk. That's what i would do

Registered for bittrex. I can't find out how to make a chainlink wallet on there so I'm making a Binance account. What's your referral id user?

0xce6108cd474c36a55b5da7a9e5991f2f8f835329
user I will make my dad proud and I know yours would be

OP HERE FOR REAL
Buy a bit of BTC, as this thing is going to continue to rise in the next 5 years, so accumulate portions at a time and hold. ~2000$ worth to start.
Also buy a bit of ethereum. The Metropolis update is coming in September, and there's a difficulty adjustment that should bring the value up shortly. ~2000$ here.

Finally, I'd put the rest in litecoin. Charlie is doing a live stream tonight at 6 pm. There are atomic swaps coming between chains. It should provide a nice pop in the somewhat near future. Even if not, the coin is known to be quite stable in its prices. Plus, I send to and from exchanges through litecoin because it is fast and cheap.

I started with a similar amount of $ just a few weeks ago and have already seen a decent return for such a humble initial investment.

Good luck.

Looks to be really sound advice. Best wishes to you user. May we all prosper.