What are Veeky Forums's thoughts on the 5x5? More specifically this one:

What are Veeky Forums's thoughts on the 5x5? More specifically this one: stronglifts.com/5x5/

It's essentially the same as the SS, though power cleans are replaced with barbell rows, and of course, it's a 5x5 set. Does Veeky Forums like one over the other? Is the 5x5 a meme?

the volume isn't really necessary in the beginning

SS is fine, SL is fine too

Working out without steroids is a meme

Tried it for a while, but couldn't stay committed. Skipped straight to PPL. Can't speak for the effectiveness of it for noobs but I at least find it more satisfying and therefore more motivating.

i did 5x5 exercises with 3x5 volume for a loong time

stalled out due to not eating enough though but i was at 1/2/3/4 so i didnt give a fuck

went to calisthenics because its more fun though and i like the lean look

I'm running it at the moment and fuarrrrkkkk am I seeing gains. Be prepared to question life squatting every day, but it's so good. I was actually fatigues today though, I was trying intermittent fasting and it doesn't work. YOU NEED TO EAT LOADS WHEN YOU PROGRESS THIS QUICK. I'd recommend paying the £9.99 and getting the pro version of the app, it's so much handier.

I've went from absolute weakling to 70KG squat and deadlift and 40KG bench press. Not loads, but for where I came from!

For a complete novice it's fine, although a little accessory work should be added. After a couple of months adding weight to your 5x5 every session will be impossible and you'll have to switch to 3x5

pls leave and stay leave

Why? Beginner gains are nice What of what I have said isn't right?

Reminder that the original 5x5 program put out by bill Starr was
>2 warmup sets followed by 3 working sets (=5 total)
and
>included lots of upper body accessories for "beach muscle"
Only a retard thinks SL5x5 with half the guts ripped out will get you aesthetic.

Any recommendations what to switch too after when I'm no longer weak? Heard PHAT was good, or is it worth folling the SL route and doing Madcow?

Sadly you will always be weak, because you will never be as strong as you want to be
And why the fuck are you asking me questions I don't know shit
Just do 5/3/1

Eventually you'll have to switch to 3x5, that much progression at that rate is too much, just switch to lower rep while adding more weight. Get to 1/2/3/4 then take on some more advanced stuff, bulk up m80

5x5 is great for like a month but then it's stall city. Stick to 3x5.

You didn't say anything wrong dude. He's probably upset because your post was upbeat and positive or something. Anyways, you've inspired me to hop back on 5x5 I want to see some gains like that

All good. I suspect I could make more aethetic gains with chinups or barbell curls but I fucked my wrist up so while I can do pullups, doing anything with my palm towards me hurts like crazy. I've started back with hammer curls. However at this moment in time after finishing the 3 main lifts I really am fucked for everything else haha. At my best I was repping out 15 pullups, after 5x5 I'm pushing 6/3/3.

Thin the app automatically handles all this for you thankfully, if you get the pro version.

Yeah, but my uncles set me the goal of squat 1.5x my bodyweight. Then asked me to be godson of his newborn. That's why it's my goal atm haha.

I'm really struggling with OHP. Any recommendations or just struggle on?

>Thin the app automatically handles all this for you thankfully, if you get the pro version.

Firstly stop shilling the pro version.

Secondly, it "handles" stalling the same way 3x5 does, by deloading weight. 5x5 will have more stalling and more deloading, leading to slower progress.

Nah I feel ya man, I lift for health bow, but also for my future family, it sets a good example to those around you, especially children, congrats for the role of godson. For OHP, I personally found it a struggle for the longest time. Take longer rests between sets, maybe do shorter sets with higher weight, keep at it buddy, you'll make it of you put in the work, which it seems like you're doing

I'm lazy as shit and it works for me so I'll shill it. After 3 deloads you switch down to 3x5 I believe, then after 3 more deloads, down to 1x5.

Its almost perfect and you will progress easily on it. If you stall, just switch to 3x5. Still there some muscles you cant hit with stronglifts, like calves and biceps.

Overall compound workouts are the best.

>Running a program that accepts needing potentially 6 deloads in a row

Thanks. Realised derp, I'm godfather haha. Yeah, the number of times I've been asked to help my dad lift something and you can just tell you're taking literally none of the weight. Then the other day, we were moving beams and he wanted to put a strap round it to put on a frontloader. Just bent down to the beam, dad was like can you lift this and I just deadlifted that shit. So happy. Keep liftin'

Is it that much of an issue? Plenty of people seem to be happy with it. If you increase your lifts astronomically, does the number of deloads matter if you continue to make gains?

bruh you're not increasing your lifts if you're deloading

YOU CANT STEADILY INCREASE YOUR LIFTS. YOU WILL ALWAYS STALL EVENTUALLY

It's good just do curls and pull ups after the workout to keep your biceps up to date, maybe some dips if you feel like it