I'm 5 foot 11 inches 233 pounds and joining the navy. What exercises should I do to get fit? My recruiter said push ups...

I'm 5 foot 11 inches 233 pounds and joining the navy. What exercises should I do to get fit? My recruiter said push ups, sit ups, planks, and mile runs. My problem is I have never exercised in my life.

THANKOO FUR CERVIX

>push ups, sit ups, planks, and mile run
I dont understand. These ARE the exercises for people who never exercised in their life.

>push ups
>sit ups
>running
These are for your PRT m8.

You need to lose about forty pounds first there too buddy. That will help with all of those exercises. The workouts are the easy part. Probably need to work on your nutrition first and everything else will fall into place

pretty much all of those plus squats and lunges. if you remember what pe was like in highschool its pretty much the same; it was easier in my case. Just remember you'll be doing workouts often, running and swimming too, so work hard on your endurance.

All branches of the military are getting real strict on PT. Start running, eating right, drinking water, and stretching. Get in the habit now, because 2 PRT failures and you're out. Also, this neat website, www.google.com, and just search "HOW DO I GET IN SHAPE" (You actually don't even have to spell it right, it's pretty cool!) or you know. Read the fucking sticky.
But seriously, cultivate the habit of health now. It's gonna save you getting kicked out for being fat later.

I thought it was the complete opposite at least here in the u.s. since, you know, amerifats.

hahahahahah

>never exercised
Next you're going to say you can't swim

>5 foot 11 inches

>Next you're going to say you can't swim
I may be a black but doesn't mean I can't swim.

What should I eat to be healthy?

honestly, if you make it far enough you'll see just how true that stereotype is. The percentage of black people who fail the swim is absurd.

>lellelelelel MANLET XDXD
stale

You'd better be running 3 miles 5 times a week to prepare for your 2 mile run.

Nah that's how it is in the US. 2 failures and pull get separated. Minimum standards are pathetic though. Any mildly in shape person can max them. The key is to not be fat.

Navy is 1.5mile

Man, you are pretty fucking fat for joining the Military. You're gonna need to lose at least 40lb to get below the weight limit.

Start counting calories now.
Work out at least every other day.
Alternate between cardio and strength.

>Alternate between cardio and strength.

What exercises besides the one listed do you recommend

Circuits are good for cardio. Y'know, run a 1/4 mile, do 30 situps, run another 1/4 mile, do 20 pushups. You get the idea. Mix it up. Shit, maybe even doing the "couch to 5k" program would be good for you.
If you've never worked out, then Starting Strength is actually a solid program as well.
You will be sore as shit for the first month or so. Muscle soreness goes away with regular exercise.

What community do you want to join? Your fatness would help you fit in with the submariners. Seabee Officer here.

RTC is a joke, it's not a real boot camp. You'll get fit enough standing around in line with your training manual pretending to read truncated navy facts.

Also, your recruiter is right. But to prep for the test, you'll need to do a 10 or 15 minute warmup, then do your pushups and situps, then run your mile.

Just don't give up and you'll be eating ice cream with cpt. Dye in no time.

M8 im 5'10 and weigh 85kg and im one of the more bulky/muscular blokes in my unit. You seriously need to lose some weight. Start with couch to 5k if you havent run much before. Once you can run 5k, work on your speed; your routine should include at least one session of half mile repeats, a 1.5 mile run at best effort and a 5k at good pace, per week. Start off doing push ups, sit ups and pull ups in the days in between, until you get to the point where you can do them everyday.

It's amazing how much better shape people coming out of RTC are, then they piss it away in a couple of months by binging on Pizza and vending machine food.

Run a fuck ton, op. That's what drops people like flies in PRT's and boot camp. As dumb as it sounds, total sloths arriving at boot camp will come out decently strong just from the change in lifestyle (and the "beatings")

Good luck, future shipmate

I had a roomie in college who was black and was the star of the swim team.

It was like living with a mythical creature, a fully shaven mythical creature