Peanut Butter

Is it the perfect snack?

If by perfect you mean literally awful in every regard, yes

It's great if you are eating unsweetened natural PB but you are eating Jif like a pleb which has 600000 grams of sugar per serving

it's a decent snack on keto but otherwise it's only usable if you can fit it in to your macros somehow

overly sugary crap needs to be avoided. people are better off eating raw almonds or other nuts

/thread

It's only 190 cals per serving.

Not that kind.
This kind is great. Any kind is good as long as it is made 100% from peanuts. And a bit of salt.
Anything else is trash and you should kill yourself if you unironically think it is good.

Don't listen to this bullshitting retard. It has 3 grams of sugar in 2 tablespoons.Out of 190 calories, 12 of them are from sugar.

A serving is a tiny ass tablespoon though. You need at least twice that much just to do anything with it.

JIF SHILL GTFO MY THREAD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

OP here, fuck off. Jiff is kino.

>implying sugar is the only shitty thing added to it

Why would you eat that shit when you can eat peanut butter that has only one ingredient?

>complaining when someone posts factual information about Jif in a Jif thread

that's the joke.jpg?

Who /skippy/ here?

Because that shit is what makes it taste better and spread better than other peanut butter? Not that hard to decide, choosy Veeky Forumsizens choose Jif.

I'd rather eat actual nuts like walnuts or almonds

Does 190 calories on its own really sound like that much to you? What sort of cut are you on?

I'm in Japan, and for some reason they only seem to have Skippy here. I've seen Smuckers jams occasionally, but never any of their fantastic peanut butter.

So I gave in and ordered 5.44kg at a huge discount, since I can't find natural PB here.

Its grown on me but I'd drop it in a heartbeat if I could find Smuckers, or any natural stuff. The added sugar sucks.

Kys. This is the one true peanut butter

>getting these yummy (you)'s

why do you Amerifats have to consume some gay-ass consumerist branded, sugarfilled peanut shitpaste?

why not just buy generic regular peanut butter with at most 2 ingredients.

disgusting.
you should cancel that order ASAP, it's gross!

Why don't you guys just buy roasted peanuts and make your own peanut butter without all the crap in it? I can get a large jar for only $2.

I was responding to a post - not implying anything.

Why? Some people like the taste. Some people need the lower cost. I'm not saying it's better, only that the OMG fear mongering is way overplayed.

If you want to add JIF to your diet, it's not going to torpedo anything.

No, too high in carbs.

Do you make your own clothes too, Amish faggot?

My man. I'm also in Japan. How do you get your protein and other stuff? Japanese stuff it's usually low-tier quality

have some yuropoor reference

My friends always bully me for eating pic related brand of peanut butter

Because that stuff tastes like shit and you have to mix it every time you want to use it.

the ONLY good peanut butter

>ingredients: dry roasted peanuts

based single ingredient GOATnut butter

based trader joe's

I love two spoonfuls for lunch, and maybe two for a snack later if I hit the gym that day, one jar lasts me a week and fits my budget. Only sugar of the day besides an apple and some Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast.

i stopped buying it cause i can't control myself. if the jar is there i'll sit and eat like half of it in one sitting

Yeah? Enjoy the added soybean oil you femboy nogainz faggot

I don't do supplements if that's what you mean, but Myprotein actually has a Japanese site.

I'm a still a beginning fatty on my initial cut, so I'm not as concerned about macros (though I should be getting a bit more protein).

Where are you? I'm in Shizuoka it's fantastic.

This is the only peanut butter I'll eat.

How much PB is too much?

I usually have 1.5 or 2 servings with yogurt at breakfast pretty much every day. Sometimes I'll have another serving as a snack by itself after work.

>tfw poor grad student
>tfw 4lbs/~$4

Japan-fag here. I used to pay about $15 for 3lbs. My big discount was finding it for $10 instead. I'm pretty jealous right now.

But I'm not poor, so I guess there's that.

Dude I can kill a whole fucking jar of that.

Japan also doesn't have an obesity problem, so there is that. Actually do they now? It seems the whole world is getting fat. Following the American trend.

That sounds awful, brother. Is there a reason why PB is so marked up in nipland?

>the hell do you mean a peter pan peanut butter alert?!

>tfw throat gets itchy whenever I have too many of this

Am I allergic to peanut butter?

From my limited experience they do not have an obesity problem at all, no. Most people, including young people, are pretty thin.

I think it just isn't popular here. The only western style PB I've seen here is Skippy. Japanese stuff seems to be sold in a much smaller container. It's labeled peanut cream, so I guess I assumed it would have more sugar but that might not be the case. Maybe I should actually check it out.

Sure sounds like it, man.

in the US in order for peanut butter to actually have the name "peanut butter" it must be 90% peanuts. Any other peanut paste or cream is usually in the 60% margin with oil fillers. Dont know in other countries though

That I didn't know! Why the fuck would you buy peanut cream instead, then?

I'll check it the ingredients, or at least the macros, next time I go shopping.

I'll have to check it out. I've only used bodybuilding or Amazon for stuff.

Nice place! I'm in Tokyo now, used to be in Akita. How's the gym situation over there? It seems like a really countryside area.

>sugar
no

That particular picture is from up in the mountains, but I'm down below in the city. Here's a picture of my area.

That said, there are four gyms fairly close to me. One is trainer only, so you can't just go in and work out. One is a Curves, so women only. One has tons of machines, but apparently no free weights.

So I ended up at the fourth which has a squat rack, bench, and Smith machine and a bunch of dumbells, at least.

But it's ¥9,000 a month, holy fuck. I'm going 6 days a week just to feel like I'm almost getting my money's worth (they are closed on Monday).

Have you found a good cheap gym in Tokyo?

>tfw i live down the road from the factory of this place

>unsalted

literally puke in a jar

are you fucking ryo from shenmue?

have you seen a black car pass through there?

fuckin japan looks beautiful
>mfw i'll probably never visit gorgeous countries

I always feel bloated and airy after eating peanut butter. Not gassy, but like there's air in my stomach.

Anyone else?

>not roasting your own peanuts

yeah but when you live there you cant tell after a few months when you get sympathetic slanty eyes

got teir peanut butter imo
we have so many peanut butters in the US.