Anyone else here feeling like that they are living an empty life?

Anyone else here feeling like that they are living an empty life?
this is the routine that I have been doing for the past 7 years (since graduating college at 22)
>wake up
>go to a job that pays an above average income
>superficially interact with coworkers, pretend to not be a hollow shell
>finish work, don't feel drained but don't feel like I have the energy
>lift
>go home and cook dinner+tomorrow's lunch
>maybe read or play vidya for an hour or two
>the last time I went out to do something social was a highschool reunion 2 years ago
>the last text I received was from a coworker asking about something work related 3 months ago
I am just unsure what I am doing wrong. I am able to maintain decent working relationships with my coworkers, yet here I am.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Aj9_8t1eQc
youtube.com/watch?v=LJnJX10PUX0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I';m 30 and my life sucks but use my story to better your own life and fuel your life for change. You don't want to end up like me.....

I thought for a long time that what I wanted in life was to achieve something very high in this field and to never give up. I did just that and I stopped hanging out with people and ended up focusing on studying and learning either at work or at home. Eventually things went south and I was being promoted and had to train other people and teach them my skills, that's kind of where I learned that other people who work with me don't really know shit and they don't put in the amount of effort as me. I stopped studying since I was always alone and always studying or working on something from work, I completely gave up on studying for certifications 3 months ago and have spent every day playing video games. Truth be told, I have no friends and this work/life is really painful on the mind since you can be really good at what you do and one day you figure out that other people actually socialize outside of work and you're the guy who never gets invited anywhere.

These days, I want to start studying again and end up getting promoted in the next few months, but for what reason? To climb the ladder again, and to make more than 150k and join the solutions/architect team?

For what reason? I'm single and alone, the other guys are married and spend their time working or sitting at home with their wife

I have nothing anymore, except this career and I used to be so busy and happy I didn't care about being alone. But now, I can only see myself being alone and miserable at this job forever\

Same thing here man, same shit different day

>Social anxiety also getting worse

>I sit around waiting for people to invite me in their lives

Sometimes you have to treat social interactions like date rape; if they don't let you in willingly, force your way in.

ask yourself
>what do I want to do
then try to do that.
want friends? go out of your way to talk to coworkers and others and try to get them to hang out post post/on weekends

Go for a walk each day.

Seriously. The first step of breaking out of this routine is to get moving. Mix things up. Don't stay in your room. Go outside. Go walk somewhere. It'll make you feel better.

Eventually, try to find a hobby or something that can involve a community. Maybe rock climbing, or cooking classes, or dance, or something. If you're open to religion, start going to church and church functions. Those communities tend to be tight-knit and welcoming.

It's all about changing the status quo bro. It may seem daunting, but do it in baby steps. Go for a walk.

this is pretty accurate, just work, lifting, then video games. Pop in some feelings of advancement or studying.

But for what? It's not like we are going to need that extra 50k to survive. We live pretty comfortably on our incomes now, why waste more effort?

get yourself a bag of kratom and tingle your opiod receptors, but dont get addicted cause then ur problems will be worse

has helped me alot i was a former heroin addict, struggled with extreme emptiness inside me for so long after quitting, kratom saved me. instead of relapsing on smack i just eat some leaf material and feel nice. i realize its addictive but its a lesser bad in my life. chases the bad thoughts away while still letting me be positive enough to continue doing good things for my health

this guy knows whats up, listen to him
breaking the routine is the hardest part, after that it gets easier.

youtube.com/watch?v=-Aj9_8t1eQc

inertiabros

my advice is to travel.

I am same as you OP except still in uni.
I dont remember how to make friends. it just kinda automatically happened most times.

youtube.com/watch?v=LJnJX10PUX0

have fun jumping back on the smack if you're currently abusing kratom retard. If you were addicted to heroin you should stay away from all things opiate related dummy.

This pasta again...

Similar boat, except I'm doing FOSS contributions as my "job". In fact I came home early today because I ran out of things to do (even trying to look ahead) and everyone else in the channel was out.
To be honest, my only goal right now is to make money. I'm rather okay living the rest of my life alone, if I could only attain one or the other.

Don't do this

OP I'm 25 and I've been living a completely hollow life like that since I was basically 13

>failure drug addict giving the advice to do drugs

How is this fitness related

I'm 19, what should I do so I don't end up like you sad faggots?

If you do the same shit every day, you're going to see the same result every day.

If we knew, we wouldn't be here.

Stop using the internet for fun. Go outside more. Make friends.

Just get the fuck out before it's too late.

jesus christ are you future me since I'm 27

I do get some invites but i'm partly schizoid so I mostly enjoy socializing so long as it ends at hello and even more so when i get back home away from everyone

Leave this website.