Why did you start lifting anons?

Why did you start lifting anons?

I wanted to do it but I was always lazy about it. I started getting serious when I started watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

I had too much time on my hand and decided to spend it productively

I thought it might help me feel better.
Tell me what to add to my shit routine:
Bench 5x12
dumbell isolation curl 5x12
tricep kickback 5x10
upright row 5x10
shoulder shrug 5x10
leg curl and extention 5x10
lots of pushups,situps,pullups.

I do this every other day.

I want to be strong. I want to protect people. I grew up with a psychotic abusive father and while the physical abuse was miniscule, it was directed toward my mother and I vow to never let another human in my vicinity be harmed while I am around.

If I cannot protect somebody then I do not deserve existence.

Studying the blade would be more effective than working out.

Maybe landmine press?

>full
>five
>stage
>plan

Because I realized I was a pathetic human being, and I NEEDED to change that.

I was always the skinniest kid at my high school at 5'10 115 lbs

I just wanted to be normal weight
Now I'm above average physique but I want to get way bigger

UNLIMITED POWAAAAHHHH

Because I had always admired strong men, but was always adverse to working out. Always though I could just get by. I want to be like my grandfather tho, guy just turned 70 but is pretty ripped for that age, always out doing something.

In the same vein, I don't know who he is and I probably never will, but who ever the guy who took my last name for the family was, whether he was some warrior just a dirt farmer, I want to make him proud. I want to meet him at the aether and hear that I made him proud.

I have a wife and two kids. Got comfortable.

After some beef with one of her old friends she was assaulted by some faggot while being groceries.

He's since been taken care of. But I lift so I can protect my family and leave my son's a legacy of a great man.

I wanted an excuse to use a squat plug that didn't make me a faggot

Bench 5x10
Curls 5x10
Tricep Extension 5x10
Face Pulls 5x10
Shrugs 5x10
Leg Press 5x10
Leg Extension 5x10
Push-ups/Sit-ups/Pull-ups FxF

We don't care about injuries, we're freaks.

this is all upper body, what about your legs, man?

Long story short ive got some drama with a mexican cartel
Decided if they ever do send someone after me imma kill that junkie with my bare hands
Already do muay tai and bjj and shoot better than most army rangers so i figured the last step to becoming an indomimable killing machine was to get Veeky Forums

>legs?

Working legs suck, but it is shown that strength/structure imbalances lead to fuckery.
You are ignoring to work 50% while working the other 50% everyday.
Visually and functionally you are fucking yourself up.

Pretty simple actually. I realized I was all brains and no brawn. After seeing that vidya gayms are a time-thief I picked up literature. That helped my life tremendously and formed me into the man that I am now. So then I realized that all of that new knowledge and outlook was worthless if I didn't utilize it in a productive way. Came to here and never looked back.

/fitlit/ master race reporting in.

My therapist sent me to a psychologist, after getting prescribed she said working out might help feel better too, and all I want to do is feel better, so I started going to my apartment gym.

It's pretty weak (bikes, treadmills, leg press and lat pulldown) so I got a membership somewhere else and started going consistently.

Constantly bullied sexually assualted and raped as a kid and didn't want to be weak anymore.
Also remember when my uncles were looking on and laughing as a weight..about 20 pounds was crushing me on their old weight bench. My mom had to lift it off of me.

Also my dad was the strongest man I've ever known..but a notorious and shameless whore so..on some level I thought that sense I was too fucked up to follow in his footsteps as a whore(even though I'm hung as a fucking bull and built like a tank)I could at least be as if not stronger.

So I worked out a lot.
It also helped with the body dysmorphia depression anxiety and helped workoff the rutting bull level hornyness I had later.
Having goals to follow and almost hopeless dreams to follow was a way for me to shut out the world and focus everything into those precious moments. Looking like this bodybuilder, this comic book character, playing in the NFL, playing this sport, learning this martial art, from there I dove into more esoteric things in an attempt to find spirituality.

Oh and that old weight bench that I nearly died on as a kid?

I have that weight bench.
I used it every day for years and even today. I rep 250 like it's nothing and have used it for all of my major lifts.

It was and still my personal sanctuary and temple of worship and rest for most of my childhood and a good chunk of my adulthood.

I firmly believe that one day that old probably 50 year old cheap piece of shit bench will break and the weight really will crush me finally.

A fitting end.

>Leg curls and extensions

Dude, just squat and deadlift, wtf is wrong with you? It's like you're going out of your way to be a dude bro.

Dudebros get laid and don't have back or knee injuries.
Squat and deadlit lassies are injured and only have heavy numbers in lifts that no one gives a fuck about and womanly thighs to show for it.

Unironically this Fighting is WAAAY more a skill than a question of physique or athleticism. Those are only factors with equally matched, trained fighters.

To fuck hot guys

>Wants leg day.
>Only want to work a little of their legs and nothing else.
>Doesn't want to work their whole leg and glutes and back and get strong at actually real movements.
>"Lol, dudebros get laid breh."

I'm doing it for my waifu

Jesus desu

fag

>doesn't want knee injuries
>does leg extinctions instead which places a shearing force on the knees, keeps the ACL under constant tension for the entire movement and favors rectus femoris activation above vastus medialis thereby building imbalances over time which is just begging for a knee injury
lmao just do you squats you fucking dyel

Gotta make an awesome suit of meat armor so noone could hurt me ever again.

I hope half of you edge lords are meme'ing, holy shit its like a comic book Sonny back story reel.

i played video games for months. every day for like 8 - 10 hours to the point i didnt want to talk to people anymore and my job didnt get me anywhere. there wasnt a big incident but one day i just woke up and wanted to change myself.

after losing 11kg and lifting for about 6 months i can keep the horse of my girlfriend in a headlock and feel good

at least do ohp you pussy

I was tired of my body giving a standing ovation as I walked, so I had to do something about it.

This, except 6'4 130lbs

Nice!

I was a football player in school, and a yuge nerd at the same time. Went to a big-time university so I took up basketball as a hobby to stay in shape. Partied a lot. Started running and swimming as well and was losing weight like crazy even though eating like 4 or 5000 cans a day. Got a ripped 6 pack and shit. Started getting pushed around on the basketball court. Started being unable to sleep.
Turned out, I overtraied myself. Shit was a bad. Went through 6 months of being a low test bitch in recovery. Put some weight back on. Started feeling better.

Changed my routine to running once a week and lifting 3 days a week.

White power

lifting was my way of coping with depression

>mfw tfw still alive replaced with tfw not a man mountain
>yet

Who raped you? Your uncles?

motivation from JoJo. I love this timeline

I thought it would fix all the problems in my life

I work in construction so working out helps with my job. Also I don't wanna get dragged off and raped by sandhogs when the lights go out in the tunnels

Was a fat, depressed NEET with no purpose in life. A 35yo powerlifter took me under his wing and taught me the way of lifting.

To this day he doesn't know that his effort kept me from kys:ing myself. One or two months more and I would have rid the world of the sack of shit that I was

This
If you're gonna do legs. Squat first then go extensions and curls.

Make sure your quads and hamstrings are worked evenly. Otherwise tightness/imbalance will start to pull on your knees and cause pain.

>T.weak hamstrings so I have knee pain due to quads being extremely tight and strong

t. little bitch trying to convince himself that being a vain, weak pussy is cool after all

Fat future snapped up cunt who lifts less then and is less athletic then the dudedbros who've been exercising for years and thinks his 2plate ass to grass squat makes him an expert on lifting.

Go back to your hug box on plg fag.

Same thing, except it took a picture of me looking like a fat sack of shit at a wedding to change.

I'm 27 now and look better than I ever did. Even helped curtail my depression slightly and keep me from ending it all.

how did someone handle him?

what drama with a mexican cartel?

Breddy much the same reason here, I want to be as huge as Joseph Joestar.

I wanted to be the male equivalent of the thicc girl in a bikini at the beach that turns the heads of all the guys around.

Checked boys

so id be confident to stand on my ground against other men without the fear of them to get mad and attack me.

I've always been large but I never felt that I had the strength that people assumed I did. Trying to "walk the walk". It also helps with my self image issues.

That and working out just makes me feel better and helps me get a grip on my weird neuroticism.

and I want to be a witcher too that'd be cool.

2 knee surgeries is essentially the trial of the grasses, right?

Beautiful

The only time I don't hate life is at the gym and when I look in a mirror. Hopefully the happiness will spread to other parts of my life soon enough