Uni roomate is hungry hungry skelly, wants to start working out

>uni roomate is hungry hungry skelly, wants to start working out
>take him as guest to gym one day
>offer to show him how to get started squatting and deadlifting
>"nah dude I'm doin my own thing. Today I'm doing chest, tomorrow is arms,"
>"you split up each body part per day so they have a week to recover, i found it on bodybuilding.com"
>mfw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_kzrTzq2XG4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>guy who hasn't worked out before has odd ideas about working out

Colour me surprised.

I'm Canadian as well

Let him do his thing. In 6 months he will probably either gas out on his noob gains and stall or he wont have a good diet throughout the 6 months and make little gains. Then you make fun of him and tell him he should have listened. Either way, fuck'em.

More like in 6 months, the roommate will make sick gains and OP will be back here greentexting about how his roommate is cucking him.

kek

>split up each body part by days
What's wrong with this?
He should have clarified muscle groups, but my partner and I spend around 2 hours per day on individual muscle groups on a weekly schedule. We'd be in the gym for hours upon hours every day trying to cover everything in one session

> the virgin OP
> the chad roommate

She's cute.
But she's a future fatty who's still in her larval state.

>Colour
>u

Nothing wrong with a nice split.
Show your body ss-fag so we can judge if your fullbody is a good aesthetic routine

He doesn't know what the fuck he's doing, just let him know that's not how it works.

Like tell him to start with Biceps/Chest, Shoulders/Triceps and Back/Legs, and tell him to go look for the exercises on bb.com

Don't treat him like a retard just cause he doen't know shit, nobody did when they first started, either they got advice or they spent time learning.

Keep it up mate, don't listen to the haters, try to aim for 3 hours in the gym to achieve maximum atrophy

Low frequency, thus inefficient. Natties don't want a week to recover a muscle group.
Basic exercise science, go educate yourself and your partner.
Unless you are roiding, then proceed.

He's probably British, Americans ommit the latter for some reason

cuz it's ghey

newbie here
what would be the proper way?

>ugh, i can't believe this utter novice doesn't know what he's doing
What the fuck do you expect

he's surprised because he doesn't listen to his room m8 you moron

Roommate who probably looks utter dyel? Yeah, wouldnt either.

all my friends do bro splits, the one who looks the best mainly did PPL but also did PHUL more recently. the strongest friend of mine does texas method and other strength routines but he looks like shit.

Comrade.

youtube.com/watch?v=_kzrTzq2XG4

OP is such a Betamax he can't even convince his roommate about doing a proper routine. Truly ashaming

You want to hit each muscle group as often as you can per week while also giving them enough rest time (at least a day). If you train each muscle group only once per week then you are doing it wrong. Especially as a beginner who doesn't need a ton of volume to still make gains. Beginners should do a full body workout if they go only three times per week or less often. If you go for more than three days per week then do PPL.

Thanks bro

>want to start working out
>want to get them poppin delts and thicc guns
>tell my fatty roommate about it since he's a "fitness enthusiast"
>he's been working out for a long time, I assume because he wants to lose all his excess weight
>he decides to give me advice in between gulps of full-fat milk (gee I wonder why he's so fat??)
>he tells me to do weird lower body exercises
>say "haha thanks for the advice man" to be polite