MyFitnessPal

Does anyone use this site?
Why does it add to your calories/day every time you add exercise? It doesn't make sense because the base amount should already account for TDEE.

Also are these macros okay for cutting?

Other urls found in this thread:

shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/walking-calorie-burn-calculator.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

seems ok

yes

i've lost a fuckload of weight with the aid of MFP and so have many other people. i would recommend getting a kitchen scale.

no, you should be at 1500

I have been using a kitchen scale, lost 4kg so far since the start of august and been using fitness pal for a month or so

Still confused about the TDEE thing

Also I work at manual labor and walk around/carry light loads (2-10kg at a time) for about 5 hours , and I have absolutely no idea how much calories this burns.

Quite a lot. But you better not count it, just feel free to do leaa cardio on days yiu worked hard.

I don't input exercise at all because of that. I keep a different log for my workouts.

I'd literally be a human blob if not for MyFitnessPal. Great site, GREAT app.

Good shit

good for both cutting and bulking, TDEE calculation is horrible (at least for me). use something else and set a custom calorie goal

What do you use then?

If you want to make sure it's accurate, to as much as such an app can be, select the sedentary life style option at the start.
Otherwise it will already add on calories it believes accounts for the option you selected, which may not be accurate.
Once you've selected sedentary, then you can add exercises. If you haven't, just leave it be in the app.

As for the app, I like it. Bit of a pain when it comes to eating at a restaurant, but not deal breaking.

How much would you estimate 5 hours of walking with light loads 2-10kg burn?

It doesn't matter, man. Consider it bonus exercise, you don't have to track it.

If you really want to, buy fitness band or watch with a heart rate monitor. That'll give you an estimate, at least.

isn't it bad to cut on a deficit too high tjough? that's what worries me

>only use it to log food, calories & macros
>Don't use the provided TDEE, use my own along with own macro goals

Depends on your weight as well. Fatties burn more when they walk, and skellingtons use the wind to push them along so use less.
There are websites for this;
shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/walking-calorie-burn-calculator.shtml
This one makes you put in time, distance and weight so is maybe good. Not an expert on calculating such things.

I'm literally walking back and forth from a storage unit or from some other place while carrying things and putting them down, short distances. It would be hell to try and calculate this lol.

Best I can try is a calculator that doesn't ask for distance.

Are you all in the red? My OCD will kill me

Which TDEE calculator did you use?

>In the red
W-what?

I used a bunch of online calculators and just took the average of all of them and used that as my initial TDEE.

Afterwards I used nSuns' TDEE calculator which gives you a relatively accurate tdee after 3 - 4 weeks of constantly tracking and inputting data. If you're strict about counting that OCD of yours will love nSuns' calculator.

I'm using it and really think it's nice. Even if everything is not 100 percent accurate, just knowing I'm going to log my food has been enough to keep me from eating too much.
Lost about 20 pounds last month by using this to monitor calories and by making sure I get at least 15k steps per day which I track using Google Fit.