I broke up with my girlfriend today...

I broke up with my girlfriend today. How does Veeky Forums get through the hard times and still keep their motivation and discipline?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9mbp0DugfCA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

most cope by crying in between squat thrusts

Get up early each morning and run.

pure cold heartedness

become better than when you were with her

>I broke up with my girlfriend
why the fuck would you be sad?

By not being pathetic

Get out my Personal "slut-phone"thats loaded with Numbers of Girls that want my dikk and just pound away

4 hot, tall, skinny girls

Then the one on the right

Hookers

Why?

Mate I'm going through the same thing. I think it's about becoming comfortable with being by yourself again and there's only one way to find a solution to that, which is time. You gotta still get up every morning, get washed and ready, and go about your day, because that's what discipline is. Motivation is temporary, you'll have plenty of spikes of motivation through your next few weeks. Your highs and your lows.

Aside from working out, the next best thing you can do is put yourself in social situations, where you don't have time to dwell on your ex-girlfriend because you're too busy talking to other people.

This post reminds me of this old YouTube video, it's probably worth a watch if you've got the time:
youtube.com/watch?v=9mbp0DugfCA

Don't worry it'll not even hit you properly until months after.

Ah yes the classic, soul-bond with a bunch of people i care very little to nothing about and divide my essence to get back at a person I now hate. Classic.

this was the best for me too. It's a lot of focus on yourself and fun social distractions that will benefit in the meantime because it IS a time game. Wounds need time to heal

Cease all contact with her and keep training hard. Eventually she will become meaningless to you and you will seek other female attention.

Ended a 4 year relationship yesterday, we're gonna make it bro

me on the right

This guy gets it.

Don't relapse, it only prolongs the suffering and does nothing to help alleviate it.

>I broke up with my girlfriend today.
why did you do that?

why?

Usually by going through all the coping mechanisms of refusal, anger, hate, etc. Then usually by drinking or doing some drugs (whatever is in the pantry). Then I try to workout harder or read more, etc. Then I realize it's all useless anyways since I'll never talk to her again so she'll never see how "successful" I've becomes (whatever the fuck that means).

Then I just shitpost on here with people who are, more or less, exactly like me and that typically makes me feel better.

I knew i wasn't as happy as i could be, mainly due to not being happy with myself but still, it reflected in my relationship. We dealt with a lot of shit because the naivety of our first major relationship made it seem like this was something that was meant to happen and that it's normal.
I'm not the same 16 year old I was, and she's not the same 15 year old she was.
I'm also going off to uni and gonna try for 1st, as well as joining the rugby team and power lifting society, on top of going to the gym 5 times a week. I don't think i can give her the time our relationship deserves.

Just stopped caring.

Do some thing different, go to a new place, listen to something new and enjoy somthing you missed because of her and let life goes on.

ah you're really young. carry on then young fella

Wish i felt it, feel awkward as fuck going into first year being 20 nearly 21

Holy fug you are me, except one year older.

I'm think of doing the same. good luck mayne

Force yourself to get on with your life, and build relationships with people. Don't want to go to that party, because you're moping over the breakup? Tough, you're going anyway, and you're going to talk to a bunch of new people.

Don't be a dick to her or anything, but don't actively put effort into staying in contact. I'm not saying completely ignore her x, just don't initiate conversation, and answer her in a nice, but low effort way. Don't deliberately make time for her, instead, invest that time in yourself and your new relationships, romantic or otherwise.

Improve yourself constantly. Be better than you were. You'll be able to look back and say "my life is better now than it was then".

We're all gonna make it bro. You just got to want to.

That was great, thanks user

she gets pretty depressive and self-hating because of school (to the point of being suicidal) and it was starting to really wear on me emotionally, but when things are going alright she's awesome to be around. it was pretty much just weighing my options. i didn't want to leave, but i probably needed to.

thanks Veeky Forums

Good luck to you too man, hope it goes well for you.

If you didn't want to leave, then you shouldn't have. You will 100% regret your decision once a month passes, or when she finds someone new whatever comes first. Focus on encouraging her and steering her in a positive direction and outlook. Don't cop out, she needs your help and use this opportunity to expand your own worldview. Read books published by Jerry and Esther Hicks, you'll be amazed.

Sounds like she was borderline, (borderline personality disorder)

Great, more time for lifting and self improvement

They're not in a relationship anymore, he isn't her dad

There was a bit of a pattern of behavior before, and a really rough incident last week. It wasn't a light decision. I left things open and said I wouldn't be opposed to continuing later on, but the stress was to the point I was anxious around her pretty much constantly.
I suspect this as well.

Make the slag regret the decision