What's located on the left side of the lower back? I feel a numb pain there from improper deadlifts

What's located on the left side of the lower back? I feel a numb pain there from improper deadlifts

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NhwECwj3LDI&feature=related
youtube.com/watch?v=D33L0BuIv_Y
somatics.com/psoas.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=Agc2mOW4p1U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

probably have a herniated disc.
Sucks for you bruh

Sacro-Illiac and lumbar discs. Numbness or weakness is never good. Go to the doctor.

i had the same thing go to a doctor get an MRI asap

I have tight hip flexors but that doesn't cause numb pain

Pretty sure its not a hernia. I don't have any extra pain when bending over or getting up, no pain in the legs and no pain when coughing. Just when sitting down.

I am pretty sure it is, yours is just a very mild case

be careful user dont make it worse youll regret it

I've had the same but with more severe pain last year. It had something to do with a nerve, I forgot what the doctor said exactly.
I had to rest for about a week without lifting or any quick moves. If I did something wrong like turning the wrong way when taking a shower, the healing process would just "reset" and I'd have to start from scratch.
Also, I rubbed the area with Voltaren (any gel with Diclofenac in it is fine for this) few times a day and it helped a lot.

Had this since 2 weeks ago due to bad form on my last rep for deadlift.
your hips are probably fucked and causing muscle tension.
try and get someone to do this : youtube.com/watch?v=NhwECwj3LDI&feature=related
my gf did it for me and couple times on the side of the bed
Also you can try this stretch by yourself: youtube.com/watch?v=D33L0BuIv_Y
if nothing go see an ostehopath so he can do whats in vid 1 properly

You have knotting in your glutes, massage that shit out and it will be gone.

Happens to me when I deadlift with lumbar lordosis.

I had the same thing. Keep your legs under your hips, generally straight forward and PUSH YOUR KNEES OUT. Opening the hips keeps your glutes involved and your lower back from taking the load. I had a lot of lower back strain and pain and it all went away.

Get an xrey man

Sciatica maybe?

Probably a nerve. I've pinched a nerve in that same spot several times.

Probably pulled a muscle

How would one differentiate between a si-joint issue, lumbar issue or other?

Pelvic floor dysfunction... pinches all kinds of nerves

I have the same shit. The doctor said there was nothing wrong on the x-ray so I've just been stretching. Seems like it help a little.

Not op but where is it supposed to hurt after deadlifts?
That's where I got a bit of pain after first time deadlifting but now it's okay

Are you using a deadlift plug?

You should go swimming user

Is it normal to feel some soreness while deadlifting? Not necessarily a sharp pain but almost as if I can feel the muscle aching as I lift up. I've tried to keep my back as straight as possible and my ass out enough that it engages my hammies

Soreness in the lower back I mean

Me too, do you just stretch?

This happened to me about 3-4 weeks ago and the pain is still there. I lifted to heavy on the deadlifts after a big break from doing them. It feels like it is right at my SI joint, so I suspect (and really hope) that it is not a herniation. Overseas on exchange so have no idea how to go to a physiotherapist and get an MRI. I've never had any numbness or sciatica, plus the movements that worsen the pain make me suspect it is an MSK injury. Anyone had a similar experience/seen a physio/had imaging?

yeah me similar story: took a 1 month break from deadlifts due to vacation, went too heavy when I came back

Check if have scoliosis, mine was that

Same exact fucking thing on the right side for me. I've had this forever though. I feel fine squatting ~230, but I deadlift 130 for reps and get mild shooting pain every time I take a step with my right leg. Annoying as shit.

Well normally there would be a disc there but it seems like yours has gone missing.

PSOAS muscles. They connect that spot to your hip flexors. Tight hips (psoas) are the biggest cause of that pain, esp in deadlifts and squats.

This happen to me like 2 weeks ago. I was back in the gym after a few weeks off and went a little to heavy on squats and deads. Its gotten a lot better now and i'll ease in to lifting again.

There is no numbness but it hurts when i bend over, when i sit down, stand up. I noticed that my hips are really fucking tight in general. Glutes, hamstrings are especially tight and my hip flexors are really week. And i seemed to have developed a little lordosis.

I tried sitting properly the last few days and bracing my core and gltes when i sit and walk, its really fucking hard but it has helped a lot.

I just googled PSOAS muscles and i found this somatics.com/psoas.htm

Its spot on! How do i fix this?

It's easy... deeeeeep lunge stretches, every 30 minutes, 10 seconds on each side. Eventually you will be in a deep yoga pose. The pain goes away, and it fixes posture!

Thanks. I'll try these exercises as well youtube.com/watch?v=Agc2mOW4p1U

>somatics.com/psoas.htm

that website just screams steer clear

>all these permanently injured Anons due to SS trolling
Jeez.... you started lifting for aesthetics, there are much safer ways to reach those goals.
Pic related, 6'3" 230, lean as fuck

IT looks like squats and deadlifts really are a meme, maybe Mcgill is right?

Nah, we just tend to sit on our asses 90% of our waking time, which leads to atrophied, tight hip flexors. They respond well to stretching. Also stretching hamstrings will help balance out the sitting problem.

Looks just like spinal erector doms to me, if it were both sides

DONT STRESS
IT WILL GO AWAY
JUST KEEP MOVING, EVERYDAY
STRECTH, HYDRATE, MOVE
GET BACK TO TRAINING ASAP
DONT HAVE SHIT FORM