So now the dust has well and truly settled and it has been decided that PPL is the greatest routine for natties...

So now the dust has well and truly settled and it has been decided that PPL is the greatest routine for natties, what does Veeky Forums's PPL routine look like?

Other urls found in this thread:

encyclopediadramatica.rs/Barneyfag
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149807833
derpibooru.org/189794
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My PPL has a condensed mesocycle where I perform everything on the same day.

My ppl routine looks like this

Push day
Pull day
Legs day
Push day
Pull day
Legs day
Rest day

Comments? Questions?

>the greatest routine for natties

Why is that? I never heard anyone say that before.

6 year lifter here.

All of the most aesthetic brah's at my gym (including me) all run a PPL 6 days a week.

Fresh out of the military heading to study at a uni.
I wanna run PPL but I have no idea about the exercises I should follow.
Any anons with some spare time willing to show me the way to gains?

this has been working for me well recently, I change up the exercises every couple of months but the structure stays the same more or less. Doing biceps on push days and tricep on pull days has let me focus more on arms. I definitely notice the fatigue the next day though, ex. doing chest the day after tris

push 1:
>Squat 3x5
>bench press 3x5
>OHP 3-4x10-12
>DB press 3-4x10-12
>Lateral raises 3-4x10-12
>Bicep work

pull:
>Deadlift 3x5
>Barbell rows 3-4x10-12
>Cable rows 3-4x10-12
>Weighted pullups 3-4x10-12
>Close grip palms facing lat pulldowns 3-4x10-12
>Tricep work

push 2:
>Squat 3-4x10-12
>OHP 3x5
>Bench press 3-4x10-12
>incline DB press 3-4x10-12
>Standing cable flys 3-4x10-12
>Bicep work

>P1 P x P2 P xx
or when I have a lot of free time
>P1 P P2 P x

I do rear delt work and abs whenever.

week one - PPxLxPP
week two - xLxPPxL

PUSH
flat bench - 3x6-8
incline bench - 3x6-8
cable flys - 2x10-12
overhead press - 3x6-8
lateral raises - 2x10-12
pushdowns - 2x10-12
skullcrushers - 2x10-12
cable crunch - 3x10-12

PULL
pull ups - 3x6-8
barbell row - 3x6-8
bent over row - 3x8-10
barbell curls - 2x10-12
hammer curls - 2x10-12
reverse flys - 3x10-12
pullovers - 3x10-12
oblique twists - 3x10-12

LEGS
high bar squat - 3x6-8
leg press - 3x8-10
romanian deadlift - 2x6-8
hamstring curl - 2x8-10
barbell hip thrust - 3x6-8
standing calf raises – 3x6-8
seated calf raises - 3x10-12
hanging leg raises - 3xf

Why push and then pull instead of pull and then push? You can deadlift a lot more if it's the first thing you do for the week

If PPL is the best routine natty then what's the best routine for roiders?

i'm not sure how i feel about Push and Pull being split into separate days. been doing something like Pull-Push-Pull-Push on day A, Leg Day on day B and Push-Pull-Push-Pull on day C. i feel if i overwork the same muscles in one day without giving them a few minutes to recover i won't be able to do nearly as much as i can now.

Just combined leg and push days. Running ABABABx so I can hit everything 3x a week.

A
Bench 5x5
High bar squat 3x5
OHP 5x5
Weighted dips 5x5-10
Triceps push down 3-5x8 depending on how tired I am
Calf raises 5x15
Leg curls 5x8
Bridges 3x1 min
Bicycle crunches 3x30

B
Bent over rows 5x5
Widegrip pull ups 5xf
Lat pull down 3x8
DB curls 5x6-10
Shrugs 5x5
20 min. of light cardio

arguably any, but old school pump work á la serge nubret never disappoints

congrats, you just invented the upper/lower split

It's pretty simple

Push = Chest/Deltoids/Triceps

Pull = Back/Traps/Biceps

Legs = Legs

>upper/lower split
not what i'm talking about. my question was why would i further split the routine into push and pull instead of alternating between the two for each exercise?

Less crossover for recovery with split days than with antagonist training. If you dont do heinous amounts of volume the difference is small and comes down to preference.

Not him but are you trolling? That still sounds exactly like upper lower.

The reason is you can hit your muscles better and stimulate more growth in your upper body.

>sounds exactly like upper lower
again, nothing to do with the question at hand.

i used to do Bench, OHP, Incline and Dips all in the same day, and by the time i got to Dips i could barely do them. i've since split it into Bench + OHP and Incline + Dips, with pull exercises in between and i feel i can do a lot more before failure. so i just want to know the reasons for doing the opposite as this thread suggests.

>still not training fbw

the only good one

Yeah this is fine, but I'd swap lunges for leg press.

>squats and deads same day

This is what happens when you give high school kids access to the internet

>inb4 die you degenerate barneyfag

>OHP and Dips same day
>Pullups and Rows same day
>complains about this

how's your third week into brosplit going?

wh-what's a barneyfag?
t. name is barney

Wouldn't the best routine for a natty and enhanced be the same thing but just more volume for the roider? I mean it's not like using aas changes the way your body responds to lifting, you just recover faster.

encyclopediadramatica.rs/Barneyfag

Basically he flips his shit whenever any image even slightly related to my little pony is posted. He'll spam the thread with pictures of people equating the show to Barney (the dinosaur show for kids), each post with a colourful little message like 'die you degenerate barneyfag' or 'eat shit and die' etc
Lee, aka barneyfag, has been banned hundreds of times because of his burning hatred of all things small horse.

That image I replied to is from a pony comic. Shit like that sets him off.
Fun fact, he's watched the whole show and has an encyclopedic knowledge of fan characters and shit so that he can point this stuff out. Also he tried to fuck his dog one time.

Thoughts on coolcicadas? I'm running that with deadlift on pull day

PPL is shit and you are small and weak.

Shit. Utter shit. Go do the Leddit ppl until you actually know wtf you're doing.

I've been doing PPL for 6 months, but my leg day is really deltoids and core day with some squats added in since my legs are already disporportionally big.

Push = Chest/Triceps

Pull = Back/Traps/Biceps

"Legs" = Deltoids/Core + Squats

I do legs, pull, rest, push, rest.
It has worked pretty well so far.

Getting much better results with modified 5/3/1 BBB

Why not actually do the L of PPL and do leg one day? Won't the squats affect your bench press if performed on same day?

Can you really be arsed with 5x10 though

Why do ppls neglect shoulders so much?

Best routine: jacked and tan 2.0 with biceps on upper and back on lower. So Kind of push/pull+legs. Rear delts all the time. You cannot do too much of that.

haha thanks a lot for your informative response
dat irony - "I hate it so much I have to watch every episode so that I can be sure to be able to recognise any reference and get angry", sounds like a closeted homophobe

Pls stop shilling it you've been posting about it since yesterday

I spend hours a day engaging in general horsefuckery and even I'm surprised at the shit he picks up on. Despite how much he despises it, he's more dedicated than the majority of /mlp/

I wasn't here yesterday. Why would you assume that only one person talks about it. It's a great program.

For deadlift t2 would you do a deadlift variation or squat variation

I'd do t2 front squats on dl day. These carry over to both dl and squats and generally everyone should front squat. And I'd choose a dl variation as t2 for squat days depending on your weaknesses. My choice is snatch grip dl, because they act as deficit dl and also they are awesome trap builders. And everyone wants big traps.

pic related is coolcicada's, but the purple stuff is what I added

I do PPLxPPLx

My brosplit has more total volume than your ppl shit routine. You guys are weak pussies that spend at most an hour in the gym. You guys all get your routine from Reddit and come back here think you know how to exercise. Do you do cardio? Probably not. Do you do dedicated ab work every day? Probably not. Only one rest day? Enjoy your injury and your shit program.

This is mine, some shit I took off reddit. Tons of shoulder work

>bicep work
>push

>tricep work
>pull

what?

Just finished settinu up a new PPL for my own purposes based on what's available on my gym and what I prefer.

R8

Will probably see how it goes and adjust in 2 weeks, so currently the amount of sets and rep ranges are a rough estimate

Also my core is a bit behind in progress, so this should be tough on my core and lower back at first

MWF core lifts whole body

TTh accessories, arms, abs, hams, and traps

I prefer it to PPL

my routine is

>activate ALL the muscles over the period of 3 training days or so.

Is it any good lol?

Basically one day is 1/2/3/4 day, if I am on time i add some core strengthening to it. The other day is various dumbbell exercises. On the third day I use the weird machines, the body weight dip, the rarer back muscles and misc.

I mean, isnt that the best approach of them all? Try to target all the muscle groups and even individual muscles on their own? Sure I may not get the fastest progress. And I may want to add some isolative exercises to it...but isnt it the most wholesome to look shredded EVERYWHERE?

Lanklet with no squats allowed. Focusing on getting joocy goddamn shoulders atm
I like it

Pull 1
Snatch Grip Deadlifts
Rack Pulls
Rows
Biceps superset with Dips

Push 1
Bench Press
Incline Shoulder Press
Lateral Raises
Cavallier Raises
Face Pulls
Triceps

Pull 2
Deadlifts
Biceps superset with dips

Push 2
OHP
Incline Shoulder Press
Lateral Raises
Cavallier Raises
Face Pulls
Triceps

>dips
>pull

That's a list of exercises, not a program.

how does this program look? (just googled "beginner PPL"):

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

someone mentioned it was basically CoolCicada's from BB which is here:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149807833

how do the programs compare? Are either of them any good?

t. DYEL

Kill yourself Barneyfag
derpibooru.org/189794

this is correct

8 hr arm workouts

GVT

>people will actually follow posted routines with no periodization

>yeah just do 3x5 heavy compounds and 3x8-12 for accesories

Hahahhaa. No wonder everyone here is a dyel

I do:

Push
Pull
Arms/cardio
Legs/shoulders
repeat till infinity.

How often do you guys take rest days? yesterday was my first rest day in like two weeks, is it necessary to take rest more often? I consider arms or cardio day (do either one, not both) sort of a rest day.
Also, Ive started including arms day because I really dont feel like I work them out enough on the other days and they are lagging. Any tips for this?

What do I need other than OHP? Please help. I may rearrange my split to put shoulders on B day if you've got something good.

>no periodization

This always baffles me, how the fuck Veeky Forums doesn't periodize it's lifting? Even a powerlifter does resistance/hypetrophy sessions

>20 min. of light cardio

dont forget to inject your dose of estrogen while you're at it

Updated with rest periods. Still an estimate, will update after I try it out for 2 weeks

Can confirm. I had no idea that grim reaper was from a pony comic lmao.

t. /mlp/

good shit user

What are people's thoughts on chest/tris, back/bis, shoulders/legs? Would PPL be better? Any advice on my shitty routine welcome

>Lifting for 6 years
>PPL

LMAOOOOOOOOOO jesus fucking christ this site never ceases to amaze me

t. virgin

PPLs can be alright but they're definitely not the most efficient. Not even close.

Seated db press. All you need. Maybe chuck in some lateral raises at the end of a workout

OHP->seated db press is to delt aesthetics what
Barbell Bench->incline db bench is for chest aesthetics.

Start push day with delts instead of chest, chances are your chest is overdeveloped anyway

he's clearly a miscer

I do 11 sets of squats and then I follow them by 8 sets of deadlifts. What now honey :3

because "pull push" sounds like faggot shit

>did PPL for around 11 months, used creatine only 8 months in
>excellent results, all around aesthetic body
>combined PP into U, which = upper body day
>now only doing ULULxUL each week since a month ago
>making impressive gains

i love it

whats the most efficient then? Some powerlifting bs that a fat guy made?

what were your lifts before starting?

Why should I do seated and standing? Don't the both hit all 3 parts of the delt? Is it just for volume?

they're the same, he's full of shit.

Before I started working out? Haha, I never did any sports or any lifting up until I was a freshman in college, that's when I started lifting (August 2016), then I did PPL, eventually transitioned into ULUL which is what I'm doing now as a sophomore. I was particularly weak and malnourished before I began, and could only (barely) bench the bar 3x3. Just ate more, took in protein shakes after every workout, gained 15 lbs of lean mass in 10 months natty. Now I can bench press 155 lbs, 3x5, used to only used 10 lb dumbbells when I began, now using 47.5 lbs

get compliments from family and friends about physique, abs, chest, and shoulders

I don't do squats or deadlifts though, I never found them entirely useful or very enjoyable, even after doing them for 2 months.

hope that answers your question

Is there anyone in this thread that has been lifting for longer than 2 years and has good stats?

At least 1/2/3/4?

I tried PPL for a while, but I didn't gain ANY strength on it at all.

>3 sets of bench for 5 reps

I literally do more bench volume in a single day than you do in three weeks.

What are you stats?

don't forget the inc bench

but honestly I bench 80kgs for 5 reps

It was 90kgs but I've only just come back to the gym after 2 months off

>All these low volume routines
>1x5
>3x5
>5x5

It's really easy to tell none of you have been lifting for longer than a year.

These routines are literally trash. If you don't have at least 10 sets of deadlifts on your pull day and you're doing less than 10 sets of squats, you're literally not even trying.

Doing 6 sets of bench per week is also fucking ridiculous.

Hey, yeah that answers my question & congrats on your progress.

Reason I was asking was because I'm a noob currently doing a strength routine and plan to eventually switch to a PPL variant once I reach 1/2/3/4. I'm wondering if lifts as high as those (even though they are kinda weak) are even a prerequisite now, though

That's pathetic m8.

I bench 100kg for 6-8 reps and then I do incline dumbell bench with 40kg dumbells for 8 reps.

I also only weight 79kg and I'm 185cm tall and have really long arms, so you're either ridiculously weak or your routine is garbage.

thanks for the input

I haven't been on the routine all that long (like I said, only jsut back at the gym) but I'll stick with it and see how I progress

you generally use PPL to break out of Skelly mode the quickest - best way to gain mass, but no real strength gains.

I'm about six months in to Strong Lifts, looking to transition to a PPL program, but I have no idea how to design one myself? Any suggestions?

don't design your own, use a real one

But doing 10 sets of really heavy squats is extremely taxing on your body

he's trolling

I said it before and I'll say it again: PPL is extremely inefficient for natties. Can it be done? Yes. But its just a glorified brosplit and inferior to full body training. Full body 3 days a week is infinitely better for all experience levels.

If you do PPL, 3 days a week, you're only hitting each muscle group 4 times a fucking month. If you do PPLPPL 6 days a week, you're still only hitting everything 8 times a month, plus you're spending way more time in the gym than you need to. You're delusional if you think training 6 days as opposed to to 3-4 as a natty is going to make any kind of difference. 6 days a week in the gym plus your cardio is retarded to do long term unless you're on gear. Your recovery goes to shit, you're always sore, and you're bound to get injured.
You might think you're fine because you're alternating muscle groups, but your "pulling", "pushing", and "leg" muscles all use the same joints.

Full body you get way better frequency, you can hit every muscle group 12-16 times a month. Protein synthesis only lasts 48 hours so what makes more sense for your gains?
Steroid users can get away with PPL and splits because protein synthesis gets elevated to 7 days.

>Tfw I go to the gym every day
It feels like I'm wasting my membership if not

>you're only hitting each muscle group 4 times a fucking month

That's why you PPLPPL and go to the gym 6 days a week.

That's 8 times a month for each muscle group as opposed to a "full body workout" which triggers far less hypertrophy in each muscle group 12 times a month.

Yeah, but what are some good fullbody routines then? All I could find was some noob and beginners routine, I'm trying to make my own based on trial and error but it'd be much easier if I could find a fit approved intermediate routine.

You're both on the far side of the spectrum. It really depends on how much volume you're doing on those workouts. Maybe even depends on how fast you can recover.

People that are doing this and use an app to track their workouts. How much volume is one day typically and how much total volume is this weekly?

How's this ppl Veeky Forums ss means super set. It's mostly just the Reddit ppl with some minor changes

-Pull

•Deadlift 1x5/Pendaly rows
3x5

•Pullups 3x10

•chest supported rows 3x10

•Lying Rear Delt Row

•hammer curls 3x10
SS power shrug 3x10

•dumbell curls 3x10
SS power shrug 3x10

-Push

•Bench Press 2x5,1x5+/
Overhead Press 2x5,1x5+

•Overhead Press 3x10 /
Bench Press 3x10

•Incline dumbell press 3x10

•Tricep Pushdowns 3x10
SS Lateral Raises 3x15

•Tricep Extention 3x10
SS Lateral Raises 3x15

-Legs

•Squat 2x5, 1x5+

•Calf raises 3x15

•Front Squat 3x10

•Hip Thrust 3x5

•plank 3x

•cable leg crunch 3x10

•Pallof Press 3x15

It is pretty high volume

I follow Coolcicada's routine with a few variations but it's regarded pretty well

Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders):

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Seated (or Standing) Barbell Shoulder/Overhead Press: 3x5
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12
Rope Pushdowns (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Overhead Dumbbell Extension or similar triceps exercise (Tricep extension machine): 3x10-12
Shrugs(circuit machine or dumbbells): 3x10-12

Pull (Back/Biceps):

Barbell Rows: 3x5
Lat Pulldowns with (Long Bar or V-bar) (circuit machine): 3x8-10
Seated Rows (circuit machine) - optional if already doing barbell rows: 3x8-10 LEARN LEARN LEARN
Face-pulls: 3x-10-12 LEARN LEARN LEARN
Barbell Bicep Curls (Alternate between close and normal grip): 4x-10-12
Choice of one other bicep exercise (typically Hammer Curls): 3x10-12

Legs (Quad/Ham/Calves):

Barbell Squats: 4x5-6
Leg Press (optional if already doing above squats): 3x8-10
Leg Extensions (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Hamstring Curls (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Standing Calf Raises (circuit machine): 5x10-12

I usually do either P/P/L [REST] P/P/L or P/P/L/P/P/L[Rest]

If you read further in my post I addressed the 6 days a week version. On top of that, there is no such thing as a "hypertrophy" workout. Your total workload and frequency determine how much hypertrophy is induced regardless of training parameters, regardless of wether you think your workout is a "hypertrophy workout" or not. Its already been established that the best way to bring up a lagging muscle is to train it every day with low volume. Thats why programs like Bulgarian light are so effective. Frequency of training is very important for natties.