How to escape the monotony of life?

How to escape the monotony of life?

Hey boyos, I'm 20 years old and am extremely bored of life. Nearly 3 years at the gym day in day out has started to really bore me and affect me motivation. I used to lift to get grills, once I've achieved that and now find it meh to fuck girls i have no motivation or purpose in life.

This has also happened to a lot of my hobbies such a music, fashion, Veeky Forums, gaming etc etc. I just want to be addicted to a hobby or activity again so I can have a purpose in life. But when the core needs/hobbies of life (pussy, eating/cooking, school/work) get boring I really don't know what to do.

I feel so depressed. Please help

I've been there, found renewed energy when I took open air activity as a staple of my free time activities.

Airsoft, hiking, camping, primitive techniques and so on. Try it, it's bretty gud to sleep on a tent on an isolated beach, with nice people, or even alone.

I've done that a lot too. All I used to do when 18/19 was smoke weed and go into the woods , building shit and making fires. It was nice but I'm bored of it too.

You found purpose in lifting for girls and now that they come easily you need another obstacle to overcome. What matters to you? Do you want more money? Create another goal.

I am 21 and still trying to lose my virginity.

>sweden, usa, britain, france, germany, belgium.jpg

Firemaking level?

start tooting some coke

>i used to lift to get grills
>achieved it
>still bored

He's lying right guys? When I finally get a gf, I made it right? RIGHT?

I always wanted to build like 30 fires in a row in some gravel pit somewhere to confuse the fuck out of people, lel

Meditate.

I do coke about twice a month. Got bored of drugs they're not as fun anymore.

Quite high, all we need is a lighter a 20 mins
>pic related is mates

After shagging a lot of girls u realise they are pretty much the same. My girlfriend keeps me happy but she's on holiday this week so I've got literally nothing to do. I have side things i can call and bang anytime too so getting new girls is boring. Last time I shagged a new girl I thought to myself "was that even worth my time/effort?".

>needing a lighter to start a fire
noob detected, skillcape or gtfo

I got into spiritualism, philosophy and medication a lot when I was depressed. Practiced only a bit because it seems like a meme to me. Stopping my mind takes time and PRACTICE and does not reward me too much; I can achieve the same feeling by smoking weed.

Get a job or a second job and make money

I'm 20 and currently starting uni. I've had loads of low level jobs, one time used to work 60 hours a week and had nice bank account. Money is pretty pointless atm for me. I'll just end up spending it on going out, drinking, drugs or my gf.

what website is this?

have you tried the LSD, and it's actually good?

How about becoming a politician and changing things you don't like?

It's not just to "stop your mind." It's to single out your sense of self, your bare consciousness, behind your thoughts when the mind is silent. Stopping the mind is child's play. The question is: What's left when the mind is quiet?

I'd suggest reading "Meetings with Remarkable Men" by GI Gurdjieff. If you are truly depressed and nothing in the human world seems to satiate you, then you could be wanting actual spiritual advancement.

Then spend it on productive things or save it up to invest in some real estate

I'll download that book and give it a shot. I feel like I could be ready to ascend and heard similar ideas like yours before (watched a lot of actualized YT channel).

It's alright, very spooky if you have a troubled mind. I did it with a lot of mdma to try to counteract the possibilities of a bad trip. It was pretty sick but after a while I had mad sad trips about having alzheimers and no control of my body. It drags on a lot too (12 hours). Y25i is better as it doesn't touch your serotonin receptors and you get only the cool visuals from it.

Im gonna have to pay my 50k student debt anyways. I've looked into investing into property (buy to let) it seems easy enough. Taxing in the UK is a bit shitty. Maybe making money will make me happy, but I'm not sure man, what am I meant to spend my money on? I don't think it can bring me happiness (one way or the other I will definitely try it but it doesn't sound very appealing)

travel, make friends, do something different for fitness, like kayaking or climbing or even crossfit (use proper form) also try writting songs and uploading it on youtube and eventually if you're decent and have a decent camera and video editing skills you'll grow a lot on youtube

Don't worry about being happy. Worry about being successful, however you decide to define it. Happiness is fleeting and will come and go so it's best to focus on things that matter and will get you ahead. If anything, working and making money will get you in a position to do the things that you enjoy doing or trying new things.

Okay. Good luck. Gurdjieff had some of the best ideas about enlightenment you will find, and there are a few others I would recommend, but he's a good starting place. 99% of those talking about it, and especially today, have no place speaking of such a serious subject and offer you no practical advice.

Cheers man, tbf talking to you guys just made me realise that i need a new hobby to get deeply into. I'm thinking of starting boxing once i go to uni, I'll start researching it now. I would also love to learn to play an instrument or something, my cousin gave me a guitar but the bridge was broken and I got lazy and never learned. Might get that guitar out of the attic too. Cheers guys.

I've also been thinking a lot about the amount of money i waste going out to the same places with the same friends (£150 per night). If I don't go out for 2 times with them I could easily go on holiday somewhere in Europe with my gf or more cultured mates. I'm gonna try to break the cycle and every time my mates go out I'll stick 100 quid or 80 quid down for travelling.

Very true man, I gotta focus on breaking my habits too. Cos it's very easy to meet my friends down the pub and do a bit of coke and have a laugh. But then doing that every weekend i get bored of it. I stopped buying stuff for myself or even thinking about holidays because my group of friends always seem to do the same thing over and over again (going to party islands like Napa and magaluf) and I'm bored of it. I told myself that material things such as clothes and a car could not make me happy and spunking all my money on experiences provides me that little temporary happiness I get (easy when you're snorting coke). Cool though, I'll buy myself new things next pay check. Shit that I'll actually use for my new hobbies like boxing gloves, travelling gear etc. Cheers guys.

Cheers man, pdf downloaded and I can't wait to crack on with some reading (it's been such a long time)

Don't let his long-winded intro turn you off. You can skip it and go straight to the book, if you want. It is an autobiography and reads like an adventure novel in a lot of ways.

Good luck dude.

What site is this?

Ahh I'm a guilty intro skipper anyways ahah. Cheers man. I'll take it slow and sink everything in. Are there any practical lessons exercises on the book? I'm scared I'll fall into the same old "read the theory and do nothing" habit

If you see the point of what he's talking about, you'll want to do it. He teaches something called "self-remembrance," which is basically to constantly narrow in on your base sense of self in your head, your sense of me, without which you wouldn't know you exist, to stay with it with all your might and learn more about it. You'll find how you constantly lose yourself in thoughts, emotions, and actions, which he called being a "man machine" with no center, someone who doesn't own himself.

I think Meetings with Remarkable men is less on theory, and more just an inspiring travelogue that goes over some of the basics of his ideas. The man lived one of the most remarkable lives you'll read about - from traveling with a group of "truth seekers" in Egypt and Arabia trying to find old esoteric teachings, to India and Tibet, to later founding a school he called "The Institute for the Harmonious Development of Man" in Russia before the bolsheviks took over, to fleeing with his mostly aristocratic Russians after that takeover to the Balkans, then through the Ottoman Empire, and then finally settling on an estate outside Paris -- all covered in that autobiography. Great book!

you and me both user

>26
>work is good
>depressed at home now more than ever since gf broke up with me and is now without a sign out of my life

have you tried the wonder of A N I M E

What's your goal in life? What is your passion? What are you working towards?

Yeah man, God forbid getting back into it. It's too addictive and consumes your soul. Not healthy imo man. Ticket to social exclusion and more unhappiness too

not OP but i myself have none, no passion, no goalds on my own
if i am in a relationship with a girl, that is my passion, that is my goal, working on myself to be with her in the future
might sound dumb for some peopl, but that stuff gives me a sense of fullfilment

yeah, fix that guitar and buy a decent amp, maybe even a DI box to reccord some songs when you're confident enough to play, guitar is an amazing instrument, i fall in love with it everytime i reccord something, the possibilities are endless, also, read books about it, learn how they're made, different music styles, go to concerts, get stds from gloryholes, idk, live your life as intense as you can and you won't regret a single thing when you're older (maybe the std part) i'm not old and i feel like i already lived life really well, i'm 32 now and still have so much to do

Fuck now that my gf is away I keep wondering what tf it'd like if we broke up. I'm so lost while she's on holiday. Starting uni and going from seeing her 4-5 times a week to twice a month is gonna cunt my mind up. Does having sex with other girls ease the pain? That might be my only option

How do these relationships usually end?

How do you feel about life in general?

there's no quitting brah, there are only breaks

Try something new. If you're bored of doing the same shit then do something you haven't done. Read up on a subject you're interested in. Learn a new skill. Pick a new goal to work towards. Etc.

I was in the same spot as you, but I came to a point where I had to make a decision and ask myself: I'm depressed and bored with everything. Should I kill myself?

Since the answer was 'no' then I simply decided to busy myself with new things to try and formulate goals to work towards to become the best person I could be. Yeah, depression sucks and all, but if you're not going to end it then you might as well use your time looking for things to try and do. Life's too short to be bored to tears and depressed. If you're going to end it then end it. If not, do something with the time you have.

Yh man a cute gf is such a saviour of hope. Being loved is such a comfortable blanket. I've messed up by cheating and meeting insecurities get in the way. But now I'm trynna reform myself and stop all of it, before she finds out and dumps me.

in them breaking up i suppose?

life in general as in?
good luck breh

If you put all of your energy into a relationship, are they usually the ones that end it?

How do you feel about life in generally - are you happy, content, sad, dissatisfied, etc

Stop living for women and other frivolous pursuits and start living for yourselves.