ALCOHOL

Is it alright to have a couple of drinks of alcohol at the weekend as far as HGH and testosterone is concerned?

Define a couple.

yea, just don't be me and drink about 12-14 beers 4 nights a week and negate all the gym work you put in

couple means two. end of discussion

I like to drink whiskey, rum and brandy with a cigar

get help

easier said than done, I'll go a week or so doing good and you'd think when the bloat goes away i'd want to keep it going but, nope, just fall back into it

Two

Maybe drink more filling drinks like Cider? Yes, they're calorific, but the calories won't do your fitness anyway near the damage wreaked by the hormonal havoc of excess alcohol consumption.

Scratch that, stouts like Guinness can make you feel like you've eaten an entire meal after three or four.

Try that if you can't control the drinking of pale beers

if anything I'd want to switch to vodka.. no calories, takes less to get a good buzz going but i just love drinking beers with my buddies, and i can never keep it at like 1-3.. gotta kill like a 12 pack, then smoke pot then end up eating mostly unhealthy stuff

Yes. A few drinks with the boys is the best way to increase test

It's easy to drink loads of shots though, and before you know it you're paralytic.

Maybe just nurse a stout, or even a real ale? If you drink lagers, it's easy to just neck them because they've got the consistency of water.

Guinness Draught actually has less calories than regular Budweiser

I usually do drink piss beer cause its cheap, or a carlsberg or labatt which, yea its, like downing water. I should try some better beers and see if i can limit the intake. that or im gonna get really obliterated, but, it is friday

Guinness also unironically tastes nice from the off. It's not like lagers which mostly taste like crap until one day you notice they don't anymore.

Stouts are ales beerlet.

Most stouts aren't real ales, twonk.

>He thinks Guinness is a real ale
Wew lad. You would've been right about a decade ago.

There are two types of beer, lagers and ales. The type of yeast is what determines the beer. Lager yeast ferment at a cooler temperature than ale yeasts, which also takes months lonGermany to ferment, which is called lagering.

Ale yeast like to work at a temperature of around 75-78 degrees Fahrenheit and take takes around a month to finish fermenting and bottle and carbonate.

Stouts are brewed with ale yeast. Fuck off with your imagined "real ale" bullshit.

>lonGermany
Longer

> no calories
Vodka is about 65 calories per ounce

well, better than the 120+cal. & carbs that come in beer

I'm 6'0, about 190 lbs and 12% bodyfat. Ripped abs and my body gets mired often. I started lifting in college so I drank most weekends. Still managed to get a body better than 90% of people I encounter on a daily basis. I spent the last few months traveling around, partying and drinking, and I still look great despite not going to the gym once. I think once you build a solid foundation it gives you more room to party without losing gains. I haven't noticed any hormonal changes, if anything you might just put on fat because of all the empty calories. Drink liquor if you can. Beer has tons of calories, and if you have a high alcohol tolerance you can easily drink 3000-6000 calories worth of beer in one weekend.

Real ale /=/ Guinness you twonk

You must be a yank.

I'm sorry I didn't realize that you have a learning disability.

What this guy and a few others said, beer is just liquid bread, it's a fuckload of calories and you can just drink tons of it without feeling full.

Get a taste for something like whiskey sours or whatever. Alcohol is still just poison but in moderation (a couple on the weekends) it's fine.

Personally my own rule is no booze 24 hours before or after lifting, which means Saturday night is the only time I drink.