QTDDTOT

Hamster edn.

Will I lose significant muscle if I cut at a rate of 1kg per week?

>lifting heavy
>high protein and ideal diet

Im not obese, Im around 15% body fat wanting to do this cut for nearly 3 months until 10% body fat.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vkmf3Hbnh_4
youtu.be/rZgIYvFu-FQ
youtu.be/1qN72LEQnaU
youtu.be/xDMNHvnIxic
youtu.be/8gsGhdZDC-0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm doing SL 5x5 and I want to add Romanian Deadlifts to help my regular deadlift and work a little more my hammies/grip strength but I don't know what day to add them, should I do them on day A when I do Squats-OHP-Deadlifts or day B when I do Squats-BP-Bent Over Rows?

Day A makes more sense to me. As in, if you did Romanian DLs on your day B it might hinder your proper 1x5 deadlift when day A rolls around

What program should be better for strength and mass gain: legs for example:

Program A:
Squats : 5x5*
Front squats: 5x5*
Deadlifts: 3x5*
Trap bar deadlifts: 5x5*
Leg press: 4x8-12
Smith machine calf raises : 4x8-12

Program B:
Squats 5x5
Deadlifts 1x5
Leg press : 4x8-12
Seated leg curl: 4x8-12
Seated leg extention : 4x8-12
Smith machine calf raises: 4x8-12

* indicates that the exercice is ended with a couple of extra sets within the hypertrophy range (w lower load ofcourse)

Just try it and see. If your lifts begin to drop, you better cut back on the cutting.

Im doing a 4 day split upper body and leg day. Im cutting until my abs appear.
Which schedule is better ?
ABxABxx or ABxAxBx ?

I've been doing keto for a while now and it's been going great. I've actually been a little liberal with my cheating but I'm still losing weight at a decent pace. What gives?

If you want to get better at deadlift then do deadlifts. No reason for that kind of accessory work when you're a beginner. Put in the work and stop expecting instant results.

I'm thinking of running texas method, by only worry is the lack of pressing/benching volume depending on the week. How much of this can I compensate for with accessory work? should I work accessories that complement the main pressing motion of the week, ie. bench acc. with bench week? or work the opposite, ie. press acc. work on bench week? either way I'll be using accessory work to support my weak point in both lifts.
I was thinking something like this
Week 1 - Bench
Monday bench 5x5
Wednesday DB bench 5x5
Friday bench 5x1 new 5RM, 5x5 bench at 80% 5RM
Week 2 - Press
Monday press 5x5
Wednesday DB press/push press 5x5
Friday press 1x5 new 5RM, 5x5 press at 80% 5RM
is this going to be enough direct volume? or do i need to change my plans on mon/wed/fri? Bear in mind this will also be with other accessory work, such as BB rows, dips, pull ups, etc.

im curious. if your lifts stay the same or even increase during drastic cuts of like 1kg a week, does that mean youre not losing muscle? inb4 im stupid.

When Dumbell Benching how far down should you go? i currently only go down til me arms are parallel to the floor

Is indoor rowing acceptable cardio to replace running on treadmill? I love rowing far more then treadmilling

How much/what type of cardio on a stationary bike should I do after lifting for fat loss?

I'm also trying to do more sets with lower weight while warming up to my max and after my max, I thought the Romanian Deadlifts would help my hamstrings and grip strength even if it was with lower weight and fewer sets

its hard to say for sure you're not losing muscle, it could be that your muscles are simply getting more "efficient", but more than likely yes you're not losing muscle
but if you're cutting 1kg a week and not losing strength for an extended period of time you should have cut long before then
yes, i see no reason why not. both raise your heart rate and are more or less a areobic activity, i would think rowing would probably be better than running
depends on your goals, I prefer to go as deep as I can to work more of the ROM, but if you just want to benefit your main lifts then mimic your main lifts, ie. go as low as you have to go in your BB bench
as much as it takes, medium intensity endurance work or HIIT. i would think hiit would be better

Why my back dont feel sore as much as the rest of my body after i work out? Im doing something wrong?

Try it but yes a bigger deficit = more likely to lose muscle. The slower the cut the better.
Day A
Any strength-based routine (higher weight, lower rep) will be fine. Don't stress about the details, but if you want to get stronger at certain lifts make sure you actually do those lifts and make progress.
ABxABxx seems more logical, but that assumes your intensity per week is the same regardless. Would the extra rest day between the second A and B allow you to work harder during B? Would the lack of two rest days in a row make you do less on the next week's first A and B?

I'm currently cutting and lost 5 pounds so far in about a month.

My squat PR went up and overall I feel better, bench is declining however.
Was there any correlation to my strength and fat? When I was fatter did it mean I'm weaker?

Bench is irrelevant to this matter cause I barely bench. More worried about my squat.

I'm a beginner trying to pick a program and I've done hours of research on various common ones posted around, but I just feel most beginner programs have far to little volume/exercises compared to intermediate.

For instance, Greyskull (from the book that is) only has you doing two exercises a day and SS has you doing 3 (which barely affect the upperbody).

So far the one with reasonable volume seems to be Ice Cream Fitness but judging what everyone says about Jason Blaha I'm not sure if it is a good program. Is there any beginner program that offers more volume than SL/SS/GSLP that focuses on the whole body evenly (i.e. not dominated by squats/DLs)?

Here is one I thought of but obviously I have zero authority on the matter, all are chosen from the accessories in Greyskull, but I'm guessing it is far too much volume and I'd be in the gym for at least 2 hours, but at least it hits every muscle group every time I'm in the gym.

Calories in are lower than calories out so you're losing weight.
As you stay in a calorie deficit for an extended period of time, your metabolism (part of calories out) slows down, this is especially true as you get leaner. Look up refeeds and carb refeeds. When you get towards 10% bodyfat you'll need to do a refeed (maintenance calories, higher carbs less protein (carbs are protein-sparing)) every week, maybe twice a week.

There's a cap to how much volume you can benefit from. Doing any more volume past this point still generates fatigue i.e. makes it harder to recover, but gives you no more benefit.
Where this cap is depends on many factors. One of these factors is training experience. The FACT is that for the rank beginner, this cap is very low (some studies show as little as 1 set is sufficient for max results).

As you gain experience, volume should increase.

Starting Strength in the very beginning, where you're supposed to do deadlifts each session, is excellent as you train each basic lift with a very high frequency without ever truly reaching technical breakdown. A couple of months spent like this will provide a golden foundation for future training.
As you progress, but before it becomes tough, making a switch to Greyskull Linear Periodization will provide a better hypertrophy stimulus, more freedom for personalised exercise choice, and easier continued progress.

At some point GSLP will be too low volume as well. Then it's time for a more advanced program.

This is all FACTS, but that doesn't mean that it's the only way to do things. The worst program done with 100% effort trumps the best program half-assed. That too is a fact.

Okay, Day A it is but since I've never done Romanian Deadlift I will start with lightweight, Should I do them after or before the main Deadlifts?

as an intermediate lifter, what would be best for gains
a 4x week every other day Upper/Lower or a PPL 5x week ?

I was looking at doing pic related U1xL1xU2xL2xU1 and so on

ABS will be done on off days or lower days and I'll pick one out of hanging raises or ab wheel + cable choppers

How does adderall effect your erections?

Lowers sex drive. When I was doing A LOT of Vyvanse I would look at pics of girls and see them no different then males. Weird experience. People look insanely different when you have no sexual attraction to them

What do you guys think of the Hepburn method?
Considering doing pic related as a novice.

Current stats:
> 150kg DL; 78kg BP; 54kg OHP; 70kg SQ (just got back to doing it after >1y off). 96kg @ 195cm tall (18% bf).

My current schedule is messed up due to academic obligations, so I'm looking for a program that allows some english in terms of progression and no. of sessions per week. Thought of increasing progression pace by doing max 8x3 per session as possible, instead of only 1 rep/set as originally programmed.

Does this mean 3 sets of 5 or the other way around?

>3 sets of 5
This

How do I prepare oats?

I just put about 40g in a bowl together with 250ml water and just put it in the microwave for 2 minutes.

Should I try overnight oats? Or any other tips?

>tfw you can't do 5 chin up

I'm lost senpai, did SS with a few accessories once I was past those first 2-3months and did mad gains in terms of strength when I bulked hard and then aesthetics wise once I cut down

Now with good numbers I want to keep getting stronger and aesthetic and can't decide what the fuck to do
after some research it seems this two routines are optimal for what I seek

which one would be better?

How long do you guys spend in the gym

I just moved into my university and the gym (which is right next to my dorm/apartment) is fucking amazing. I love it and I spend like 2-2.5 hours there, so far 5 days a week. I do nSuns 5-day 5/3/1 plus accessories.

Jeff Cavaliere says that if you are working out for more than 45 mins then you're not working hard enough ... but I really don't get that, because it takes at least 15 minutes per barbell exercise (2 a day = 30) and then a bunch more time for everything else, all the muscles I haven't hit yet that week. Then if I want to do a mile of cardio it adds up even more.

Should I be doing PPL to kick my ass more so I'm not taking so long...?

Just went to a good old rodízio de churrasco today (Fogo de Chão for you Murricans) and ate my weight in red meat

How do I even log this in MyFitnessPal? I ate so many different things (90% meat 10% salad) so I'm not even sure of what to do at this point (not scared of the calories, it was my cheat meal, just want to try to log it)

>40g of oats
>Measuring oats in mass and not volume

Anyway, about 1/2 cup, and then you can eyeball water once you figure out how much you like.

Overnight oats are good, but you really shouldn't make them with water.

>measuring a solid in units of volume

what the fuck is wrong with people

mass is always, always always going to be more correct for food energy than volume. it's such bullshit, i am not gonna put my fucking SOLID FOOD in a MEASURING CUP for LIQUIDS. christ

>cutting while not lifting
how much more muscle would i lose than cutting while also lifting?

i want to lose weight as fast as possible, willing to sacrifice some of my gains

What brand of resistance bands should I get?

Today I decided to add leg raises to my routine. Nice core and hip flexors accessory right.
And I almost had the most intense orgasm of my life, I was almost completely flacid although I was developing a nice chubby.
Is that what a prostate orgasm is? Thanks. I couldn't break 10 reps btw.

Dry measuring cups are for solids, you fucking retard.

You would use a liquid measuring cup for liquids.

Why eat oats anyway instead of (greek) yoghurt with cereal

my chest never feels sore on chest/back/arms day? my arms always get tired before my chest. how do I isolate my pectorals without tiring my arms?

Whatever is at your gym

Buddy, my gym doesn't have a power rack let alone resistance bands.

stop posting this in every thread, hepburn will kill a rank novice and that is a fact

pec dec for volume, DB squeeze press

Why not eat greek yogurt with oats?

Will I kms if I chinup and (seated cable) row on the same day 3 times a week? My program tells me to alternate them but boy do I love me some rowing, and my back is lagging from being a curlbro for a while anyway.

Can someone post the blue and yellow push pull split that has been floating around here?

So I haven't lifted after 4 years of stopping. I sprained my back and stopped myself. Bad excuse, I know. Back pain has been gone for 2 years. However, now everytime I work out or even think about it, my back and hip flare up with pain and shoots down my ankle. Why? How do I fix this? Ignoring doesn't help and doctors don't know what is wrong with me. It literally never hurts besides that, even when I do labor at work (lifting 40 to 80+ lb stuff 5 days a week).

Man, last thread was kill and the only reply I got was concerning the disparity of my DL, not the program...

Why would hepburn method kill a novice? More important, is there another program that fits my needs?

For stretching, are there diminishing returns/rest periods? Or should I stretch whenever I have a free moment?

are rest days a meme?
do i need to rest my muscles even if they dont feel sore at all?

PTSD most likely. Start with very very light weight and try to fix your form. Do NOT ego lift or drink anything related to protein/energy, as those will make you lose focus.

Rest days are not a meme.

I want to sit cross legged but when I do so my hips and knees start hurting after about 20 seconds. If I keep doing it despite the pain can I cause injury and/or will my body eventually loosen up and allow me to sit cross legged comfortably? Should I do something else for better results?

??? no. muscles stop being sore after awhile if it is just a regular routine

stretch more, don't push your body if it is aching or sore. that leads to injury 95% of the time

Good/best youtubers?

Just started lifting weights, havent done much
Yesterday i did 3x7 bench press, 3x7 dumbbell curls and i think standing dumbbell tricep extensions, 3x7, then added more wight to the bench press and went until failure.
Now it's the next day I shouldn't hit the same muscles right? So would deadlifts and rows be good or should i do squats and leg stuff

read the fucking sticky

Just gave blood today. If I cut my weights/reps in half, will I not pass out?

What kind of routine would get me my body's equivalent of pic related?

1x1 tren daily

Just sticking with Test E and Tbol for first cycle. What else should I be doing?

Come on guys, I want to get big

Is it possible to talk to enlisted folks about working out without them trying to recruit you?

Anyone got any good stories?

I'm fat 231lbs (105kg) and I've been losing weight since last year, what I've never really understood is if people trying to cut from being obese take into consideration the calories burned during a workout.
I calculated my TDEE if I want to lose weight to 1800 but what happens on the days that I work out for nearly 2 hours? (SL 5x5 + accesories+3km fast walk) should I try to eat more those days or stick to the 1800cals like any other non workout day?

Just talk to a Soldier and tell them you don't want to enlist. They'll probably tell you that's a wise decision, because the Army is fucking stupid.
t. Army guy.

You want to cut 1kg per week for 3 months? thats 12 kg yet you claim thats for going from 15% to 10% bf.
If 5% is 12kg, Nigger do you weight 240kg you fat piece of shit?

Never stretch cold muscles, only stretch after cardio/lifting. I just do some basic stretches on the muscle groups I worked that day and go to yoga once or twice a month for a deep full body stretch. It's not something you need to overthink.

I'm a lazy fuck who has been really sedentary for years and just now trying to get fit. I'm probably about 8kg/17lbs overweight.

All the routines I looked at say to work out every 2nd day with a rest day in between. The thing is my muscles are only slightly sore the day after a work out but 2 days after they're REALLY fucking sore.

Am I supposed to work out anyway despite the muscles being really sore 2 days later? Is this caused by my recovery speed just being really slow because I'm a lazy sedentary fuck? Or is this just normal and how it's supposed to be?

when is oil healthy?
when is it unhealthy?
god dammit im confused
sincerely newfag

that's how it is for the first week or two, you'll get over it.

I have a trap bigger than the other. My left trap is big and sculpted while my right trap is barely existant, to the point it looks a little unaestethic, should i just stop training traps at all or embrace it and become the one-traped man? Also what sould i do to make them even?

>SMITJ MACHINE CALF RAISES

Pic related has been my progress for 3months. To me, it looks like this could have been 3 days worth of progress. I've also been on a 500cal deficit, but I can't seem to lose any more weight. I started out at 215, but for the past month I've been 205.

Despite my non-existent aesthetic gains, I've had decent weight gains, considering my deficit (weights incl. bar).

O'Hiddly : 65x6 -> 95x6
Biddly: 95x6 -> 145x6
Squiddly: 105x9 -> 175x10
Diddly: 105x4 -> 185x8

I'm pretty just working out for aethetics, so I'm trying to figure out what to do I'm thinking:

1. More aggressive cut: start fasting
2. 4xIncrease protein intake, go for 1900kcal daily (from 1400kcal, and increase protein from 50g/day -> 200g/day)
3. Fuck it, start bulking and go bear mode
4. I can't say I'm happy with my results, so just an hero tomorrow

Any tips?

Option 2 is what you should've been doing all along. 1400 calories is little woman mode and 50g of protein isn't even that. 1900 calories and 200g of protein will get you places.

Whatever you do, do not bulk at this point. You will not be happy with the results.

been on keto for 5week or so. how bad would be one night out and medicore drinking? would it propel me out of keto and reset everything? anything to lessen the effect (except not drinking at all)?

Is there a routine to achieve the same aesthetics as a PPL, but as a 3 day a week routine?

To achieve "aesthetics" you need a high level of muscle mass. To build that you need a high training volume. The best way to achieve a high training volume, is to train more than 3 days a week.

That being said, "high volume" is a very relative term. High volume for you may be low volume for the next guy. 4-5 sets of a single exercise may very well be all YOU need to maximize your gains. It depends a lot on training experience. The longer you've been lifting, the more volume you need, and the harder it becomes to keep making size gains on a 3/w schedule.

pick any 3 times a week fullbody routine and just up the volume, famalamadingdong

Whats the easiest way to consume 200g of protein? Whey powder? what brands would Veeky Forums recommend?

Chicken, lean beef, and protein powder that isn't filled with cancer and mercury.

Jarrow and NowFoods unflavored protein powders are both excellent and cheap per ounce on Amazon.

I'm going to the gym 3 times a week now. Will I get bigger if I go in more days?

I'm planning to bulk while doing weighted cardio. Is this doable? And if so, how do I count calories burned, or is that not necessary through means of approximating through some sort of formula or something

That much high intensity volume will absolutely rape you once you reach some sizable weight, and just winging it until that point is wasted effort. Read up on Nuckols 28 free programs and choose something (you can combine them to an extent) which benefits your schedule and strength goals, should last you a while until either your schedule clears up or you are proficient enough to do your own periodization.

anyone got Mike Isratel's "Male Physique Training Template" that I can bum? would be a sick share.
not necessarily, be aware there is only so much work you can recover from. To go more days will require adjustments to volume and you will probably have to do a split like PPL or phat.

OP, YOU NEED TO START JUICING IF YOU WANT TO REACH UBER-HAMSTER MODE!!!FACT!!! youtu.be/vkmf3Hbnh_4

youtu.be/rZgIYvFu-FQ

youtu.be/1qN72LEQnaU

youtu.be/xDMNHvnIxic

youtu.be/8gsGhdZDC-0

bruh

>only been lifting for 8 months
>never got sick during this period
>woke up with throat pain this morning
>feel like a cold
>feel little bit weaker but can't really tell
>gym session today
Anyone experienced this before? Will my lifts be affected?

Rate my routine
wanted a 4 day/week, split body workout

vyvanse are different from adderall though

Vyvs make me wanna kms and adderall make me work 10x better

youre fine w that

you stop being sore eventually

unless you switch routines but being sore goes away after 3-4 days