What does it feel like when you herniate a disk?

What does it feel like when you herniate a disk?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a2tycd7W0oI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

unpleasant

like being stabbed in the spine and having the knife occasionally twisted

Pretty damn good

It would be extremely painful

Pain shooting down your leg

UUUU

Like over two years of 24/7 pain with not being able to sit at all for months then still pain if sitting to long. Like constant management that if you do one movement with wrong form be prepared to be in pain for the next 48hrs.

T. Absolutely cucked saltly guy who lost gainz

Legit tho hope it never happens to yall

Thought I herniated a disc many month ago, but reading stuff like this makes me further realise I just tore my spinal erector in my lumbar region, which is still pretty awful.

For reference, my pain is like a 'sore', nagging sort of pain that just won't go away, and crops up whenever I sit/lay for too long. Apparently restrengthening it is the recommended therapy. Thank fuck it's not a lifelong injury like my knee, but holy shit if this is only a torn muscle, I can only IMAGINE what a herniated disc must feel like - god speed to those unfortunate enough to suffer one.

Never deadlifting ever again

Just practice form obsessively. Keep the same weight 3 times in a row if you have to. Eat and sleep.

nah you just have a bulging disc i know because i had one and it fits your description

I actually got it diagnosed

It hurts, it still hurts, and sometimes it acts up at times which you would really hope it wouldn't.

Back feels stiff all the time, maybe some leg/butt pain if it's pinching a nerve. Back way off all your lifts and raise the volume, maybe it'll help but maybe not. If it lasts longer than a month get an X-ray/MRI and hope that it's just a disc and not spondylolisthesis.

I went a year with pain and in that time I had gone from a slipped disc to stage 4 spondylolisthesis. The surgery took 18 hours, they had to rethread the nerves through my spine, I had to learn how to walk again, and then I had to do it all over again 4 years later.

Should I be worried if I have (had) a bit of burning pain at the hip and down to my shin? It generally gets worse after power cleans and squats and better after deadlifts. Also usually better after sleeping. I took a week and a half off lifting and it got better.

Thankfully it doesn't sound as intense as this thread makes herniated disks sound, but I'm also scared of going to a doctor and him saying I have to not lift for 6 months.

one thing is for sure
there is 0, ZERO, 0 evidence that a herniated disk can be caused by heavy lifting, just power through it, it's probably nothing

>there is 0, ZERO, 0 evidence that a herniated disk can be caused by heavy lifting, just power through it, it's probably nothing

Reported for attempted murder

no... why would anyone ever want to hurt others here?

jesus christ what was wrong with the vit d dude

also from what i remember the kid tried to copy tyvd's vitamin intake but overdosed on some form of vit k

You could have inflammation that is bothering the L5 nerve root. I strained some lumbar facet joints a couple of months ago and I had burning/tingling down my lateral thigh into my anterior leg.

A very high percentage of adults have bulging discs. Its a natural part of aging, and is most of the time benign. Its often misdiagnosed by medical imaging practitioners as the root cause of back pain when really there is something else going on. A physical therapist would be able to tell you what is actually causing your pain and how to correct it most of the time without surgery.

extremely sharp pain that will force you down on your knees immediately

skateboarder here
Or ex-skateboarder, since doc recently told me i should quit skating/jumping/running because of herniated disk

I only feel pain whenever i make a "wrong movement" or something that affects that part of my lower spine.
When that happens, I can't walk or sleep properly for almost 15 days.

these:

Anyone get pain in their nutsack?

this, I have it too
can't lift heavy, also have pains if I sleep on my stomach or ride a bike
shit sucks, but damage is permanent ;_;

also don't listen to this cuck, I fell for this meme
If your spine is hurt, don't force shit on it

I'm not diagnosed but after doing a powerlifting competition I got severe pain in my right leg which prevented me from sitting for longer than 10 minutes, I was unable to squat the bar without severe pain even though I did 185kg pain free. It took about 8months for me to recover and go back to my previous lower body lifts.

Weirdly enough atlas stones made my back feel good meanwhile deadlift with anything outside of perfect form was hurting.

All in all I think I had/have a slipped disc, it's not the worst pain I've had but it's the longest lasting one.

Does deeadlifts help prevent this? I mean, it strcnghts the lombar muscles...

dude this really sucks

depression follows
eating habits change
brain chemistry changes

Will doing pic related lessen my chances of snapping my spine?

I do these often and I feel the muscle surrounding my lower spine get juicy

You really need to focus on doing these right, though. Also it puts pressure on my knees.

Just do diddlies instead
You're working the same muscles

Can you do those on one of these

And how high to you lift? Just to parallel?

this machine type is superior as you can do both back extensions and glute ham raises on it
youtube.com/watch?v=a2tycd7W0oI
at the 17:30 mark, klokov explains how to do this exercise. 45 degrees, keep upper back tight to simulate the position that you need in all weightlifting

I do the angle one with lmao.5pl8 for 12-15 so I'm assuming I could do that
Is the parallel one more difficult?

You know that feeling when you lick a battery?

Imagine pulling a tooth then putting the battery on the raw nerves in your bloody gums. Now imagine that happening to your spine nerves instead.

How do I avoid snapping my lower back up going that high lol

by doing it unweighted first and slowly working yourself up to a weight you can do with proper form? It's an exercise for your lower back, you know

Just a bit wary of over extending my lower back

just keep ROM as you feel comfortable tbhfam, just because it works for his non-injured self it doesn't mean you should imitate it 100%. As long as you feel proper activation it's fine, the exercise should strengthen the muscles around your lower back, which in turn helps preventing injuries