Calves

What is the best routine to get bigger calves?
>tfw stick calves

1 set of genetics for 1 rep at birth does the trick

become obese for a while

Yeah I know genetics are important, but I've never seen fat guys with small calves, they all have huge calves. So there must be a way to get bigger calves aside from getting fat.

heavy calf raises 2-3 times a week consistently until you see gains, pic related

>start eating literally as much calories as you can
>keep doing this while seeing a doctor
>when the doctor tells you that you are gonna die if you gain any more weight, stop
Congratulations you now have sicko calves from lugging around your 70 megaton lard mass

How many reps should I do?

I increase the weight every set for 4-6 sets:
1x16-20
1x14-16
1x10-12
1x8-10
1x6-8
1x3-5
But that's just what works for me, everyone responds to things differently.

Run.

Running doesn't do shit for calf size. The most it will do is make them a LITTLE leaner, unless you're running up hills and through soft sand regularly.

>Yeah I know genetics are important, but I've never seen fat guys with small calves, they all have huge calves. So there must be a way to get bigger calves aside from getting fat.

My personal theory there is there is that there are 2 factors:

>Increased calf load due to weight gain
>Increased calories, obviously

How do we simulate this in a non-obese person? Simple.
Walk on your tip-toes.

By walking on your tip-toes, you simulate an increased load on your calves. Because, think about it - your calves are one of your harder worked muscles. Just doing sets of 10 isn't gonna do shit. However, if you walk on your tip-toes for 30 minutes a day, you will without a doubt increase your calf size.

I do it whenever I'm walking in my house and have seen more calf growth from that than any machines I ever used.

Climb stairs on a stair climber with added weights on and on the front of your feet.

Run. A lot.

Seems like a good idea

This

Running on an incline. I weigh 195 and run 5ks at 1% incline on the treadmill. Makes all my calf muscles pop out like crazy.

calves on guys are like asses on chicks. you aint got it you aint gonna get it. get used to pants all your life

t. calflet who doesn't know how to work calves

There are hundreds of better muscles for you to focus on than calves

kek. dont have to

>neglect this body part because you have other body parts
What a retarded way to think

You just have to blast the ever loving shit out of your calves. Since you first began walking, your calves have been working hard. They are very highly conditioned already for most people and they are resilient because of it. The other dude said hit them 2-3 times a week and this is good advice. Hit them frequently and hit them hard. Higher reps is the general consensus among trainers as well.

Also, do not neglect seated calf raises either if you're one of those people. It hits the deeper soleus calf muscle which, when developed, will help push out the main visible calf muscle (gastrocnemius) along with just adding more mass in general to the lower leg.

Some rep schemes you could try
3x20
8x8 (maximum 30 sec rest time between sets)
100 reps using as few sets as possible.

Really doesn't matter. Just do a lot of work and embrace the pain. Calf training hurts. A lot. Have to push through that.

ALSO, do not bounce when doing your reps. Very slow and controlled is the name of the game. Get a good stretch at the bottom and ensure you're getting a full contraction/flex at the top. Keep the weight distributed over your big toe for max contraction.

>not focusing on one of the smallest and least consequential muscles in your body over all else is neglect

I do this, but as two giant sets ascending and descending.

Calf raises are a meme

Do anything that involves walking (farmer's walks, front carries, yoke walk, sled push/drag, etc) and your calves will grow with time

Cycling is also desu af for calves

I also forgot to add that you can also train your anterior tibialis (the muscle on the outer edge of your shin) and this can add some nice mass to your lower leg as well. Lee Priest is a bodybuilder known for some crazy tibialis development.

I personally like to train these by lounging back on a flat bench with my legs hanging off the end, putting a dumbbell in in between your feet and plantarflex/dorsiflex against the resistance.

One legged calf raises every day in sets of 20+. In shower, before leaving house, whenever you catch a chance and be diligent with it. Slow reps and add mode reps as you get used to it.

But the even the best physique looks shit if you have small calves.

Take the stairs. A lot. My apartment building has 12 stories, I walk up and down every flight first thing in the morning, every morning. I've got calves the size of cantaloupes.