Momscience

Can we get a momscience thread going? Haven't seen one in a while.

>on phone with mom
>"user I know you've gotten into weightlifting lately, but be careful!
>I saw on the news last week that a female lifter overdosed on protein and died!
>Just don't drink too much of that protein!"

Mom, I love you, but c'mon lol
Share your stories/experiences

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21031020
pnas.org/content/108/1/E1.short
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166223606002001
nickrath.weebly.com/uploads/6/5/4/1/6541061/toxic_chemicals_in_fruits_and_vegetables_are_what_give_them_their_health_benefits_-_scientific_american.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormesis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it is possible to overdose on protein though.

Choking on your boyfriend's dick doesn't count.

>momscience thread going?
>Thread is not about how to fuck fit moms
I'm disappointed
It's possible to overdose on everything, the question is how much protein do you need to overdose on it.

Bumping once and only once with some OC I saw at the gym today

>omg you're getting huge i'm scared
>why are you getting so big lean guys are better
>you can star in action movies

meanwhile I am still pretty skinny with some visible muscles, people would call me dyel here

I got some shit like that

Yeah, she had some weird condition though and died on what we would consume daily for gains

>you don't need whole milk it's too fat

I need to consume more calories to gain weight

>you don't need to eat more to gain weight

??????????????????????????????????????

>you should be losing 20 lbs every 2 weeks

It can lead to mild to moderate acidosis, dont know how much it would take to kill you though desu senpai

That woman had an amazingly rare condition where protein was actually toxic to her. Don't start thinking protein is bad for you. Go read something before you post next time

Yes, obviously there's a limit. However, if you don't have any prexisting kidney conditions, you'll be fine, as long as your consumption is relatively considerate

>"I read in a magazine that consuming more protein when lifting weights does not lead to more muscle growth. I think you are wasting money on protein user."

Youre probably pretty good looking by normie standards I feel. Keep at it user and learn from my mistake: start lean and keep it lean. I fattened my shit up.

>you're getting too big!
>still look fucking dyel, can't even 1/2/3/4

I actually went from 74kg to 83kg just doing calisthenics (low repetition strength based stuff though)

Now I'm down to 79kg and muscles are being noticed

>implying I have a relationship with my mom

this threads lacks mommies

you can overdose on water too

She says I'm starting to look like those meatheaded roidgods on the stages of bb competitions and I need to stop. I'm quite a big guy but I have barely lifted 'seriously' in my life. Without the fat I would feel scrawny and weak.

She can literally scream about that. It's fucking ridiculous.

>user, YOURE LOOKING MORE TIRED BY THE DAY. YOU SHOULD STOP WORKING OUT

Not momscience but my normie friend once said this nonsense
>dude I only do machines, if you use free weights your muscles get too puffy
How do people even come up with this bullshit?

Scott Herman pins plates to the cable machine like this for cable crunches.

t. puffy muscles

>Mom see's I bought protein powder
>talks to me about the dangers of steroids
>"Mom I don't take steroids."
>"Protein powder is steroids."
Fucking fuck.

Fortunately my mom died one year and a half ago, she kept telling me that I was eating too much (I was 5'9 and weighed 132lbs) when in reality I was only introducing 3000 kcal a day. Stupid bitch. I now weight 167lbs

I've got no dadscience, no momscience, they've never once mentioned anything positive or negative about my gains. Everybody else in my life has noticed and said something about it, friends and extended family/family friends with normie standards think im a big guy, but never once have my family given an iota of attention to my progress/diet/supplements.

Just be glad to have someone who cares brehs.

>fortunately my mom died
>stupid bitch
the fuck dude thats ur mom

Oh man, my dad said I looked tired everyday I had dinner with him, he was worried about me, so no hard feelings about it, man up faggot

She was a gainz goblin and always got mad at me for the stupidest things. Now that she's gone I'm less anxious and a lot more confident, I managed to lose my virginity and get a girlfriend

what a gay fucking thread

>momscience
>pic is not mommy
momy wanted milkie
no milkie no momy

These are all correct though

no that's mom engineering

they care user
mother always loves you, no matter what she says

>I read that weightlifting raises testosterone
>too much testosterone makes you aggressive and gives you body hair, girls dont like that
Twelve years later, I have done time for assault and look like the fucking sasquatch. But neither was the gyms fault, kek

I haven't seen or spoken to a single member of my family in over 15 years. I guess some of my momscience examples would be...

I don't know. I blocked out most of my childhood. Good times.

He means like talking to and visiting her

Kek, tell me more

"Why are you eating all that saturated fat and cholesterol? You're going to give yourself a heart attack!!!"

lol this is the shit I came here for

>tell a friend I take creatine daily
>"Steroids are bad for you!"

That's also what I meant

>mfw almost 1/2/3
It's so close brehs

does this mean 1 plate bench, 2 plate squat, 3 plate deadlift? or did you fall for the "don't deadlift" meme? because either way you're pathetic

No woman should get extra kindness just for being a mother, especially your own.

I want to stomp your head in. But I'm afraid that it might be too thick.

She sounds like a total g.gobblin desu

is this a bad idea? is it gonna break the machine?

I'm CLOSE to needing this for a few machines, but I've just been doing more reps

My mum is supportive of my hobbies and my health

>just don't get TOO big!

The classic mom comment.

What does this 1/2/3/4 mean?

number of press/bench/squat/deadlift plates

no mumscience, some dadscience though:
>hi dad just heading off to the gym be back later
>"be careful in gyms mates, lots of gays there"

thanks dad

Thanks man.

I'm new to lifting somewhat, I would imagine squat should be more powerful than oh

Well he's not wrong

It might. Cable thickness is chosen based on the stack the machine is supposed to have, but there's a safety factor built in, too. You can probably get away with a little extra weight but I wouldn't push it.

Were you at least a pallbearer to get some the gainz back?

glad you didn't just say newfag like an asshole. not op but good work

Wait 1 rep Max or like normal 10 rep workout?

Gluten free/vegan/dad diet is so healthy, is that what you're doing?

>whats wrong with soy? its a naturally occurring thing
see actually said this
bare in mind cyanide and ricin are naturally occurring too

3 sets of 5 reps at those weights

Depends on who you ask. Some use it for max, most mean for reps with good form

I know lots more bad moms than good moms. Just because you shat out a crouch goblin does not make the person deserving of respect. It's obvious she did not show her son respect, which is what it takes to deserve respect.

toxins in miniscule doses are good for you. Its one of the reasons vegetables are good for you. They activate certain "good" genes in your body.

he wasn't saying that protien is bad for you, he was saying that too much can kill you. just like everything else

squat is a more dynamic movement so usually people deadlift more than they squat

based dad

This is absolutely fucking retarded. You're literally advocating for homeopathy.

no that's mom dialectics

kek, wish my paps was this based

He's right you know.

Look it up.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21031020
pnas.org/content/108/1/E1.short
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166223606002001

They cause stress, stress cause adaptation. Your body can adapt in nearly every way.
Joe rogan have some podcast with Dr. Rhonda Patrick who explain this.

>"Im your mother so I demand respect"

Nah m8. Even parents can be fuck ups to their kids. Give respect and receive respect. No one should just get anything because they are entitled to it.

My old gym had to put a permanent staff at the lockers because the gym was know for its gay orgies. Gyms are full of gay and tranies .

>be trans
>see this post
I specifically go out of my way to change in a private single stall restroom to avoid causing a scene or getting the wrong kind of attention.

I do see a shit ton of m4m on craigslist missed connections tho

>he fell for the back surgery by 40 meme

You are mentally ill

First link says that subtoxic stress causes upregulation of an age diseases related molecule.
Second link shows that oxidative stress causes upregulation of neuroprotective factor, but does not suggest this more than compensates for the damage caused by the stimuli
The third is the same, but with the added bonus of being about phytoschemical nonsense

>be trans

Dont

kys

nickrath.weebly.com/uploads/6/5/4/1/6541061/toxic_chemicals_in_fruits_and_vegetables_are_what_give_them_their_health_benefits_-_scientific_american.pdf

Its difficult to find proper sources when im not good at searching. And im not very knowledgeable about this. I only know the concept of it, but its legit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormesis

here is more

buy protein powder = 'user, it's not steroids, right?' classic mom everywhere, I think.

ignore those other assholes mate, live your life how you want to. big ups on the courage

faggot

>i know you've been losing weight lately, did you ever consider steroids?
>no mom, maybe, MAYBE, when i'm done losing weight
>ok son, theres some testosterone for you in the kitchen whenever you feel like it

How do I counter the ''you won't die'' argument?

>knows I avoid eating trash
>serves me literal trash like french fries or fried meatballs
>Y-you know I don't...
>you won't die if you eat some
>???

This happens constantly

you die either way, sooner or later so man the fuck up and just tell her you dont fuckin want it. wtf man

Baruch?

visiting mom while she's packing up stuff for moving.

>hey user, want this handblender?
>its better than cleaning a big blender for your protein shakes
>oh you dont take those?
>you know you should eat at least 1broton per kg right?
>oh your cutting? well then you should eat even more so you dont lose strength

thanks mom.

I always tell her but she still shoves it in my face and gets pissed when I refuse to eat it

n-no
> who the fuck are you

I haven't always been Veeky Forums and mom lets me know it every time I'm around her.

>Don't hurt yourself user!
>You want me to carry that?
>Lift with your knees.

Fuck off puff daddy

>his mom isn't his mommy gf

1RMing 1/2/3/4 is something you can do as a beginner with under a year of training

>thanks dad