I feel like a complete failure

I feel like a complete failure.

Just sprinted 50mx4, as hard as I could. 10 minutes later, I'm still breathing heavy.

Fuck lifting weights, this shit has got to be the hardest thing a human can do.

My entire body is completely fatigued, and I didn't even run that much.

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/article/why-you-should-not-be-running
youtube.com/watch?v=Aaehn1aY8Ig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Current weight?

160 lbs. I'm not even heavy.

I could have sworn my cardio wasn't even that bad.

>sprinting
>2018-3 months
Lol. I thought this meme was over ever since our lord and savior Mark Rippletoe wrote his amazing article on why strength training is better than cardio in every single aspect

I disagree. Could you share it, though?

I practice MMA and BJJ (Purple belt) and I'm finding sprinting and kettlebell exercises to be much more helpful than strength training.

startingstrength.com/article/why-you-should-not-be-running
As a tl;dr. Being stronger is more useful in day to day activities AND strength training increases VO2 max in untrained individuals, improving cardiovascular health as well as being more useful in general

If you're into martial arts, you're a fucking fool if you don't try to get stronger physically. Better strength increases grip and force. And all of the top MMA fighters preform some form of it, eg: see Fedor

Yes, most do weights on the side, but they don't go heavy.

Most of them do way more cardio than weightlifting. Most of their training is MMA practice, grappling practice, then intense cardio.

Conor McGregor does ridiculous amounts of running, cycling, movement workouts.

Diaz brothers run marathons do triathalons weekly.

Ripetoe thinks cardio is unhealthy hes a fat american that copyed bill stars 5x5 for fotball athlethes made it 3x5 innstead and wrote a book with page upon pages of giberish dont listen to him, keep on doing what you find works for you however lifting heavy weights learns you to push yourself in a way ketlebell and cardio isent really gonna do you know when you feel like you cant do more but you pull yourself together and keep going even though it hurts, i feel heavy lifting helps you with that a bitt

Sprinting definitely pushes you. It's the hardest thing I've ever done. Lifting a heavy weight and putting it down for a split second is easy as fuck compared to running as hard as you can for 10+ seconds straight, in my opinion.

incorporate hill sprints as HIIT cardio and you'll get better. Of course lifting weights doesn't improve you in every athletic aspect, you need to practice running to get good at it hurr

Here's an outrageous idea: why not do both?
>Inb4 kills gains
Cardio let's you:
>Have better endurance in your lifts
>Improved blood flow which can help with skin, sex, nutrient distribution
>Allows you to eat more when cutting
>Very effective at burning fat

The only reason to skip out on cardio is because you're a lazy bastard. Just run for 20 minutes after a workout, it's not that bad.

the only people that don't do cardio and lift are beta losers that never played a sport in their lives (90% of this board) and just started lifting to lose their virginity.

U definetly agree with you on that

>startingstrength.com/article/why-you-should-not-be-running
>Strength training makes you more “durable,” in the sense that it makes you tougher, harder to hurt, and harder to kill

That's such an autistic thing to say, but Mark keeps coming back to it.

>Have better endurance in your lifts
Do you also know what gives you better endurance in your lifts? Lifting
>Improved blood flow which can help with skin, sex, nutrient distribution
If you haven't been paying attention, I've already suggested that strength training increases VO2 max, so all the same you said for cardio is true for strength training
>Allows you to eat more when cutting
So too with strength training. But realistically, the only people that need help in burning calories are fatties with no self control
>Very effective at burning fat
Do yourself a favor and forget the notion that you "burn" fat. You're not burning anything when doing cardio. You're simply using up calories. And no amount of cardio would ever make up a poor diet

>people get stronger by lifting less weight
Seriously. Just as an example look up Fedor. Best fighter in existence. Did heavy strength training

>harder to kill

Lol....I'm a short, lightweight BJJ purple belt and I can choke out big weightlifters any day of the week. They are in fact the easiest people to dominate. They run out of energy/breathe in less than 60 seconds, and are so inflexible, it's easy to break their limbs or tear out their shoulders.

I'd much rather go against a big weightlifter than a skinny high school wrestler, even.

People who know fighting > people who don't, regardless of size.

>not wanting to increase your stamina stat
>only increasing your strength stat

you will never be a warrior guys, maybe start being mage

Sigh, true.

my nigga, which style are u using, comrad hardstyle or giryevik sport?

I've been doing Simple and Sinister, which is pretty much 100 swings, and 5 TGU's on each side. However, I added in clean and press.

You ARE becoming a better man, comrade. If you don't know how, I'll show you. If you don't want to, I'll MAKE you.

You'll pick up quick.

Also, quick tip, run a little bit slower and do 10x50m. Start twice a week and pick up the speed a bit each time until it's max effort.

Or just go balls to the wall and run until you puke and then run some more.

Only twice a week? Can I do it more if I can?

Is there a good guide on this? How long do I rest? What distance should I focus on?

It seems like everyone just says "DO HILL SPRINTS! HILL SPRINTS MAKE YOU BETTER AT EVERYTHING"

yeah posting Joe is a meme, try giryevik style and do longcycle it will fuck u up mentally and physically, presses are OK but it takes a long time to progress, do shitload of double jerks and do a few seconds of static hold when you're at the top position it will really open up the lungs

Yes but similarly you'd be dominated by a bigger guy who also did martial arts, you spaz. You'd think that as a practicing fighter you'd understand the reason why weight classes exist.

You clearly don't practice combat sports.

I routinely destroy people twice my size/weight, who also train.

Obviously I'll get fucked up by any black belt, regardless of size, but I'll fuck up any blue belt regardless of their size. This is why the Absolute division exists.

I know plenty of world famous grapplers who will mess up anyone, regardless of their size and skill.

mark was an autist before it was cool

t.guy that practices at some shitty dojo and never competes

No, I train under a very reputable instructor, who has turned out many world champion grapplers, and I compete. I'm in New York, one of the best places for MMA and grappling.

Step into a BJJ gym. A blue belt half your size will dominate you with ease.

Can I defeat a purple belt twice my size? Yes, but it wouldn't be easy for me. Can I defeat a blue belt twice my size? Yes, easily. They make mistakes I will capitalize on. We're talking about people with several years experience here. Can I defeat a brown-black belt of any size? Highly unlikely. Skill, experience, and technique are much bigger indicators than size/strength for who will win.

>SIZE DOESN'T MATTER GUYS TRUST ME
youtube.com/watch?v=Aaehn1aY8Ig

They're literally just fucking around there.

Are you implying that I'm going to get into a fight with the Mountain on the streets? If I get into a fight with a large man on the street, chances are he's never practiced a martial art in his life, and I'll make a fool out of him.

You're telling me you'd stand a chance against an untrained 300 lb 6'8 man? The Mountain is 400 lbs.

McGregor would win in a fight vs the Mountain.

Mountain would be gassed after 1 round.

Not sure if sub 5"8 midget or just a typical amateur guy that thinks he's hot shit

I've fought trained men 350 lbs, and dominated them. You're not understanding that if you're a better grappler, you can put people down and keep them down.

Look at 0:15 where the mountain gets a hold of McGregor. That's it for him right there. And a fighting ring is much smaller than what they're fighting in.

This is bullshit. They never have 300 lb guys fighting 150 lb guys regardless of skill for a reason. Show me a video of a man dominating another man twice his size.

Conor was taking his back, Mountain sensed this and pulled back, and Conor slipped out. It wasn't even close there.

We do it every day at the gym, dude. Go down to your local MMA/BJJ gym and the little guys will be happy to fuck you up.

Would a 5'3 130 lb black belt in whatever sport you do be able to dominate an untrained 250 lb 6'5 man in a street fight?

sprinted ?
you mean swimming right ?

A BJJ black belt, with 10+ years of grappling and fighting experience? Of course. They do it routinely at the gym.

Even black belt vs black belt there are skilled enough light weights that beat the heavy weights.

Beating an untrained man is too easy, in all honesty. Again, I urge you to go to your local MMA/BJJ gym and get dominated by their "beginner" students.

To be fair even at powerlifting a guy like Richard Hawthorne has a 1470 total and would be able to dominate any 250 untrained man any day of the week

Bob Sapp vs. Rodrigo Nogueira