/calves general/

any brother with big calves
those who naturally have big calves need not apply
those who aqcuired big calves with hard work, what did you do ?
im willing to do any routine, anything no matter how bro science it sounds
currently running 100 reps per day calve raises but i dont see much results

no need to brag if you won the genetic lottery brahs, just got lucky

bump

Minimalist running shoes/barefoot running. It destroys the calves. Take it slow or you won't be able to walk for a week. Pic related.

When you go to the gym on your next leg day, load up a leg press with adequate weight for reps and just press with your toes, and let the leg press come down slightly pointing your toes more inward, then press slowly. Absolutely burns your calves.

You won't have them if you don't have them naturally. You can't train them big if yours are small. You can only add a small amount of mass to them with training.

>his gym doesn't have a plate loaded calf press

mine didn't grow until i took it outside the gym and drastically increased volume. if you have a flight of stairs at your domicile, do the following:

15 reps
climb a step
15 reps
climb a step
and so on to failure

mark your progress by the number of steps you can climb.
when this becomes easy, progress to climbing the flight with single leg calf raises.
the only exercise i do outside of the gym. you could do it at the gym but people will think you're insane or have a phobia of stairs.

There's only a calf press machine unfortunately

Fuck you, nigger I do what I want and I'm getting big calves. Pic related, me on the left

Just do sitting calf raises with 1 pl8 and work your way up.

Make sure to really STRETCH them.

Push up until you are on your tippy toes and hold it for 5 seconds, it will burn like crazy then let it down slow slow slow.. Once you get to the very bottom stop applying force and let the weight stretch the muscle fascia and hold this for 5 seconds.

Do this for 10 reps 5 sets.

I guarantee your calves will grow. Also, eat at a caloric surplus. Your calves are super efficient muscles that can do a ton of work with just a little muscle so you really need to work on getting that stretch and load up on carbs and protein to see any results.

This is the machine I am talking about right here..

Your heels are off the ground which allow you to get that STRETCH that you need. This is why standing calf raises are a meme and this exercise is superior

Basically let the weight push down on your knees and let your calves go loose as the weight causes your heels to descend while the balls of your feet stay on the little bar.

This will give it the STRETCH you require.

Feet on the floor or using a step?

It's absolutely necessary that your heels can descend below your toes

>pic related

If you don't have access to one of these machines you can use a leg press just make sure that only the balls of your feet are on the platform and that your heels are below.

If you don't have access to a legpress you can use a stair, just make sure you have something to hold onto so you don't fall and get hurt because once you hit your limit with calves they almost give out.

Put weights in a backpack to add weight

Whoops, meant to reply to

>the 24 i used to go to had one of those machines
>current planet shitness has this awkward machine i have to fit my legs into

That looks like a manlet

Just go hike up a mountain bro.

good info. thanks

Go running and use your calves.
Do calf raises while doing deadlifts and squats.

How to get big calves:
be a manlet.
Be fat for years (e.g. childhood) and eventually lose the weight.

I am a calflet that found my secret after 10'years of working out.

One way was doing 10 sets of 30 reps on any Calf exercise with low weight at the end of every workout. It made my Calves grow quite a bit but they were constantly sore as fuck and at times I was in fear of tearing an Achilles' tendon.

My calf workout now is:
>Dumbbell Single Calf Raises 3 x 15-20
>Barbell Calf Raises (barbell across the shoulders) 3 x 12-15
>Barbell Calf Raises (holding barbell in front) 3 x 10-12
>Seated Calf Raises 3 x failure

I workout with a 5'day split, and I begin my back workout and my arms workout with calves. Hitting them often is what works the best for me. And begin your workouts with them. They don't take a lot of energy out of you so it's a nice way to warmup and you can focus more on working them.

Just hike a lot. 10+ miles a day. Not even a workout just leave the car at home when you go shopping and whatnot.

you can sculpt what you have to look ripped but size-wise not much will change, but you already know this.
but to those that don't believe, look at any Mr Olympia. these guys train harder and take more chemicals than you take in food, and their calves still plateau at a point and don't grow with their quads.

guys like Dorian Yates even though he hasn't worked out heavy God knows when and only does TRT still has God-like calves. my bro-in law has fucking monster calves while I have black guy high insertions. nothing can be done, I've tried it all. uphill running, walking on my tippy toes like a slut in heels at home, hit them heavy, hit them high rep. nothing works.

you will never, ever, ever, EVER have calves that come anywhere near this, it's completely sculpted genetics. take all the drugs, do all the exercises, go to any plastic surgeon put as much oil as you want you won't come close. just fucking cry yourself to sleep and dream about it, it helps a bit.