Is a good jaw the best facial feature a man can have?

every handsome men out there has a squared face with a chiseled jawline
the only good looking guys without an outstanding jaw are the "cute" ones, boyish guys like justin bieber, one direction boys.
Is there any correlation between a proeminent jaw and health? Evolution teaches us that we seek the healthier partner and judging by what every woman says about a nice jaw, we must conclude it correlates with something, but what?
And how risky are jaw implants?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NvoX_wEtwDk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why would there possibly be a correlation between your jawline and your health?

The whole field of evolutionary psychology is a joke, it's completely unscientific, so taking any assumptions about how attraction works from it unless otherwise proven is silly.

Loads of people are attracted to redheads, and that has nothing to do with your health. Same with having blue eyes, or a certain aesthetic overall.

Attraction is never going to be as simple as "People like X feature, therefore it is associated with improved health outcomes somehow", and I think you know that.

Also, this isn't fitness.

I had a chin implant im fine it looks good but it doesnt really change your jawline. Ensuring a good jawline comes from good orthodontic work, those wrap around headpieces are actually really underused for children they guarantee a good jawline. If youre an adult you may just need a maxillary impaction like pic related. It lessens the length of the face while pushing the chin out forward.

>implying big butts and wide hips don't trigger your neanderthal to think she's a good breeder
>implying a big jaw doesn't mean high testosterone
>implying a wider frame is not related to better genes
>believing attraction is a personal choice
>believing not 100% of women would pick the 3 guys in pic related over any other facial feature

hey there pua

How important is midface?

>asks a question
>gets told no
>throws a tantrum, makes up his own answer

Go rethink your life mate, you're wasting your time saving pictures of celebrities and models to make shitty lookism threads on a fitness forum, and get upset at people who don't agree with you.

And like I said, if attraction is purely genetic, even assuming all the things you just said are true (they're not, and defining genes as "better" or "worse" is just subjective crap), explain why people have preferences for things like hair colour, eye colour, the types of clothes you're wearing. Why do people even have preferences for things that are directly bad for your health?

>being this deluded

k mate, check out every superstar and model out there and see the percentage of certain facial features / total number of individuals

guess it will bring you back to earth

>believing woman will pick a small chin over a proeminent squared one
>believing women prefere short guys over tall ones
>believing that men with broad shoulders are equal to women's taste as small ones

mmm one of us is in denial

You didn't ask what features are attractive though you sperg, you insisted they must be related to better health.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here by posting more pictures of celebrities and models. Yes, those people are good looking, and some features are considered to be generally better looking than others, congratulations on figuring that one out buddy.

>Attraction is never going to be as simple as "People like X feature, therefore it is associated with improved health outcomes somehow"

Still not sure how posting more photos of models proves that wrong.

Guy on the left has clearly made an effort to look more ugly by the way, he's wearing contacts to make his eyes look stupid.

Instead of just posting more photos from your stash, how about you try to answer this for me
>And like I said, if attraction is purely genetic, even assuming all the things you just said are true (they're not, and defining genes as "better" or "worse" is just subjective crap), explain why people have preferences for things like hair colour, eye colour, the types of clothes you're wearing. Why do people even have preferences for things that are directly bad for your health?

coping this hard

Dude everything he said is correct, these facial features are sought because they correlate with certain genes
Everything about beauty is related to natural selection, you seem to be the autistic one believing attraction is mainly personal taste
Don't believe it? Find a girl who says she doesn't date short guys, but then ask if she finds zac efron attractive

puff there you have your personal prefference thrown away

Nessman have a small chin.

What genes would those be, and how do they relate to health?

Still waiting on the answer for by the way.

Jawline and facial features does not mean anything at all. People tell me I have a good jawline, but I have never had a gf due to being autismo. Just focus on being confident and having social skills and being fun to be around with other people and you will get further than attempting to be apart of some Veeky Forums ideal.

lol blackops2cel isnt doing shit to seem more unattractive. that's how that nigga looks.

Nah, have a look at his eyes, there's clearly contacts there.

Same with his hair being pushed to the sides like that, and the lighting washing out any potentially good features, it's clearly a bait post.

He's not a good looking guy to start with, but he's intentionally looking even worse there.

You look depressed desu. a-are you?

>implying any woman would choose you over pic related

Hes a manlet but god damn does his jawline look like it could cut you into pieces.

well, you do have a great jawline

>''omg his jawline''

nice face, shit tatt

>tfw no gf

is this the daily incel thread? valuable people kill themselves every day but these fuckers survive to shitpost

you look pretty passive

I have no reason to be aggressive.

>they must be related to better health.
But they do, you fucking retard. Well developed jaw = well developed airways and better breathing. No sleep apnea, no crooked teeth, no downswung face or maxilla.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the squareness of your jaw, you can have a well developed nonsquare jaw, which most people do.

You can also have sleep apnea with a square jaw, as well as crooked teeth.

And how do the last three relate to health at all?

Yes.

Healthy diet and breathing as a kid = better jaw.

Eating shitty soft modern foods and mouth breathing will potentially fuck up your face. Notice how all caveman skulls have square aesthetic jaws, never any over/underbites or fucked up teeth?

youtube.com/watch?v=NvoX_wEtwDk

Pretty much. I inherited my dad's good jawline. Unfortunately, I've gained weight. That's part of my motivation for getting Veeky Forums. I look back at pictures from like 10 years ago and my jawline was on point. God blessed me with an awesome chin and a Chad jawline, and I let it go to waste. Help me eliminate the fat on my face and neck, anons.

i have a decent jaw but im still ugly as fuck

I guess the bigger and more prominent jaw you have, the more testosterone you got in the womb. Also it has to do with facial posture. Basically guys with big jaws are stronger and more masculine in general, and guys with weak jaws have less testosterone

He has a head like homer simpson lmao
also he's bald

>tfw you were raised on a diet consisting only of Rye crispbread
Also check your index to ring finger ratio, a longer ring finger = higher test in womb

Is that ring/index finger thing true? My ring finger is like half an inch longer than my index finger.

dont hate blackopsbro

is that brett maverick? for some reason i get the vibes he browses lookism.net and Veeky Forumsmisc at the same time

yeah idk

I've been complimented a lot on my jawline, but I can't really say if it's the most important thing. Most guys don't have a shitty jawline if they get their bf% really low.

As far as I know, it's just bone structure genetics and doesn't really correlate with health.

I've got the Swedish jawline/cheekbones/square face so I guess that's good

don't fucking think about facial aesthetics too much, girls go for ugly dudes all the time. I'm a pretty boy but I was shy af when I was single.

do it yourself fegit

How does my jaw look OP?

id argue its height
and being white

Same as my jaw, so A+. Not OP btw

you just have a "weirdo" look to you
that quite kid in class

you need to add 3-4 inches to your neck and you will be a slayer. that wifebeater should be choking you

noice A+

Having a nice jawline is a plus but definitely not required. Look at guys like Ryan Gosling and Bradley Cooper, they have weak jaws and are consistently rated as most attractive men.

>Amazing strong jaw from the front
>hideous underbite from the side.

Kill me

what are you on bro?

You're very handsome
No homo

this

LOOKING GOOD

GOOD LOOKING MISC

Strong Jaw
Narrow hunter eyes
Low amount of facial fat

You could lift for a 1000 years and you will still never look better than someone who has these 3 features. Plastic surgery is the way forward

> Strong Jaw
> Narrow hunter eyes
> Low amount of facial fat
> Asian

what now

Suicide.

that's not very alpha

bro he just has low body fat and an average jaw

this is a strong jaw (extreme example)

you are fucking blind to the world

Build your traps neck and shoulders and you will look way better. Skinny neck and narrow shoulders make u look so weak

>still no answers

You incels are doing a particularly bad job at pushing your pseudo-scientific bullshit this thread.

You know, you wouldn't have to have your views challenged if you'd stay in your containment forums?

>t. Jawlet

I'm neutral on this but how do you explain the fact that all races and cultures around the world find a squarish jaw attractive? Maybe evolutionary psychology is bs but they're on to something with this

Eye color, skin, hair... all change depending on culture and race
Broad shoulders, relatively tall height, square jaw never change though. That is what i think you keep misunderstanding (on purpose perhaps?)

he has broader jaw, but not more attractive than ryan gosling

>Eye color, skin, hair... all change depending on culture and race

Why? Isn't attraction purely evolutionary?

>Broad shoulders, relatively tall height, square jaw never change though.

Don't they? Can you demonstrate that across cultures outside the west before we had such a huge American influence on the whole world that that was the case?

Are these cultural standards, or does every individual in that culture like that?

Can you also describe those things so they have an actual definition instead of just "Whatever I decide them to be"?

If we're going to talk about things from an actual objective point of view, you need to say things you can back up.

Do they? Can you back that up? Sounds like a pretty huge assumption to make.

Talking to you because you see more reasonable than the other guy, I think a more reasonable hypothesis would be that more notable jaws are associated with masculinity generally, a feature that a fair amount of people are attracted to. I think that is something that is more likely to be backed up by actual data, rather than relying on incorrect medical information and the joke of a field that is evolutionary psych.

Trying to give it meaning like "Oh, it's seen as attractive therefore it must be linked to better health outcomes" is where I have the issue, because that's fucking ridiculous. It's actually all I ever called out, not that square jaws aren't seen as more attractive generally (though I do think that angular jaws are what we see as attractive, squareness doesn't suit a lot of people).

> this assmad

DiCaprio is considered hot by many and he has an average jaw.

Stop the autism OP

totally mogged by tom cruise, in face and business

train your neck ffs

Eye area is more important desu. You can look hot without a great jaw if you have hunter eyes, whereas you can have a chiseled jaw but if your eyes are big melting NCT cuck eyes you will be ugly desu.

EYE AREA IS EVERYHING

but cruise is a turbomanlet

The haircut is faggy, but the face is handsome

>fit has become lookism 2.0

Im not even mad because in not autism enough to make an account there to post

Like my boy leo here AMAZING eye area. fkn slayer even without a super robust jaw.

you look mentally ill

Same. Lookism is legit and hilarious at the same time. I think it's a natural direction for Veeky Forums to evolve in to. Can't wait for daily a-mogging threads.

Nobody wants that shit here, it's just /r9k/ tards thinking they have a new home, and invaders from other forums that are way more cancerous than any reddit moron.

All lookism does is make people who are perfectly fine feel insecure about themselves.

>wearing graphic t of CoD
>shit hairstyle
>shitty unshaved facial hair
>needs to get big

there's lots of things he could do to bring himself up a few points. Do what you can do, then accept where you are and work hard to get girls at your range.

Giving up and crying that you aren't attractive is super unhelpful. Grow yourself and treat yourself well.

its been like this here for past 2 years newfags

Nah, lookism shit hasn't been that common, we had more explicit /r9k/ bait (YOU do X/Y while CHAD does Z and looks TEN times BETTER), but lookism crap has been steadily sneaking in more and more over time, regardless of how many people tell them to fuck off.

We've had someone post the exact same bait thread fucking four times today, even though it's been removed within 5-10 minutes every time.

Handsomeness depends on the following in order

Skin condition
Height
Hair
Nose
Jawline
Teeth
Eye colour
Frame

>particular order
Hahah alrighty

All three of those actors have good jaws, but more importantly, they all have good eye areas.

Eye area > jawline, just look at Zayn Malik for example. Having a good eye area (prominent zygos) is essential to having a good defined jawline since it pulls up the skin around the mandible, making your jawline appear more sharp and defined

>didn't list facial symmetry
You literally have no idea what you're talking about

How do I fix my skin?
>tfw used to drink too much and smoked for a few months so now my sky is all fucked up

>this level of cope
Everything was decided the day your fathers sperm penetrated your mothers egg, deal with it

literally a few mm of bone

Zayn doesn't even have forward grown maxilla like that Mike Mew guy always talks about. Neither does this dude, and its just more proof that facial aesthetics = zygos. THerefore, mewing wont do anything for your face

YES
lifting does not matter at all
just relax bro and chew a gum

well anyone can have a great jawline if they're clenching

How fucked am I if I have a small chin but literally everything else is on point? Hooded eyes, nice jaw, etc.

>newfag xD
I've been here almost a decade kiddo.
>YOU do X/Y while CHAD does Z and looks TEN times BETTER
thats literally lookism "shit" lmfao

if you have to ask youre most likely uggo lol

You do not look bad, there's only something fishy going on in your eyes; like a really depressing spark or something (could just be me or the way the photo was taken).

asians find square jaw unattractive. look at the old greek statues, they all had round faces. its just a cultural influence

Nah, lookism shit is a special brand of autism. Chad crap is similar, but not the same in my opinion.

Even /r9k/ thought lookism cunts were annoying for a while.

>cope

Always a good way to tell that an incel has no way to counter what you're saying.

No, Chad posting is essentially lookism and you have no fucking clue what your talking about.

neck theory strikes again

No, I have autism. I'm not asking because of women. I'm asking because of Bateman-tier perfection OCD.

>This is this
>Nah I think they differ slightly
>Oh yeah well this is pretty much essentially this, so you're a fucking idiot

/r9k/ shit is just spreading insecurity because you aren't the idealised Chad figure, it's more focused on the lonely aspects and bitching about normies and chads (or was at least). Lookism is specifically picking out certain features in people, comparing them to models who exemplify that feature, and telling you that unless you also possess that feature, you are hideous and no woman will love you.

They're similar for sure, but lookism differs in a pretty notable way I think.

It's pretty sad you're getting this bothered because we disagree about what name a trend of annoying unwanted posters (they are unwanted, the only people who want them here are them, and there's been plenty of evidence of organised raids from outside lookism forums to just try to troll) should have.

>The whole field of evolutionary psychology is a joke

Your opinion is based on OP's post.
It's not about health, certain features don't make you more "healthy", instead they are signs of your survival ability. Rugged men will survive far longer than whimps.