Have schizoid personality disorder

>have schizoid personality disorder
>the only way I can be social is with alcohol
>with alcohol I can get laid and talk with people
>alcohol kills gains

What's better? Drinking my football saturdays away and creating memories with women, especially?

Or staying sober and continue being a boring loser

Other urls found in this thread:

pvmhmr.org/8-personality-disorders/article/479-dsm-5-the-ten-personality-disorders-cluster-a
twitter.com/AnonBabble

both. just alternate.

>smoke weed.
>get more fucked up.
>eturn to sobriety.
>less awkward during normal life.

>making drinking day cheating day
>Only drinks spirits and wine
>Drink on an empty stomach to get drunk faster and with less alcohol
>Before sleeping drink water as if you life depends on it.
That's what I've been think on doing ,actually. Any feedback is welcome.

I wouldn't know, I am on a dirty bulk so booze will just help me with my gainz

Drinking gin and tonic while barbecuing tonight boyz come at me

Schizoid personality disorder isn't real, just something the psychologists came up with to insult real scientists. If you want to talk to people more just fucking do it until it's a habit.

>with alcohol I can get laid
Serious question: from the time you meet them to the time you go home with them, inevitably having a conversation, doesn't the alcohol start to wear off? Or do I just have a superliver? Because even after 1.5L of beer it takes me like 30 minutes to get a hold of myself and start behaving like my old self.

pop pills

Try getting some medication you dopy fuck

sounds like xanax or valium would be perfect for you, but its not something you can take every single day, unless you want to become an addicted zombie with permanent brain damage

I was diagnosed with the same thing...

whatchu drinking

I believe most have that problem with breaking the ice. One you get it going things gt easier.

stop lying user

you can't fix your disease with alcohol, if you are boring cunt with nothing cool to share, you are going to be boring cunt with nothing to share while you are drunk

If you are properly diagnosed, your disease should leave you socially crippled with justified anxiety about social contact... its not like once the anxiety gone you are social hero that has deep knowledge about what sparks personal interrest, what other people react positively to / laugh at

gtfoh

You're confusing schizoid with autism

woah armchair psychologist checkin in breh. please leave

What you described aren't the symptoms of schizoid

there is a difference between having internet troll level understanding of psychiatric diseases and reading widely accepted literature on clinical psychology and having experience dealing with patients suffering with these problems

again, please leave

99% schizoid symptoms just sound like direct or indirect consequences of anxiety

No shit I don't like most activities, it involves social interactions which causes me extreme anxiety

No shit I don't like close relationships, the amount of effort and anxiety you would have to endure just to be able to attempt to develop a close relationship is exhausting to even think about

No shit I have little or not interest in sexual experiences with another person, for the reasons above

The only sexual experience I want is a one night stand with a girl I'll probably never see again

etc. etc.

am I a schizoid or just have severe social and general anxiety and have developed indifference and lack of desire as a way to deal with it

You literally just proved yourself wrong. You said that schizoid means being afraid of and inept at social contact, where as the actual disorder is just not being interested. Which is why it's a crock of shit, just like all other non-molecular psychiatry.

Op here. I only have one night stands. I've never had a serious girlfriend or any close friendships

Over half of the patients I dealt with, what could be called "crooked world-view" was the cause of their anxieties... they have created such an unrealistic worldview and combine that with failed attempts at being successful in trying to compete in that world, they either resigned and went into social isolation, or created distant scenarios that would allow them to succeed in the future, and those scenarios would comfort them in their current state.

These two conditions have failure to conform to subcultural norms, and usually regard "normal society" with displeasure and see themselves above it.

So as far as I see it, you are just another patient falling into the "future is full of possibilities" category... you are probably thinking that a single issue is preventing you from succeeding in life, in your case anxiety.

But once again, dealing with anxiety won't fix your "crooked world-view" or make you more neurotypical.

You could probably benefit from CBT... if you are willing to speak your mind (lying and calculating outcomes in attempt to maintain their current worldview from being challanged is quite common during theraphy)

Unless you are an author of thesis disproving current psychiatric practice, you are just anti-intellectual of the common sort.

I'm a molecular biologist, you are a fucking quack, who thinks that you need an md to explain to someone why their plans are stupid and unrealistic.

Drink hard liquor straight. It's isn't that many calories.

Psychosis combined with social isolation is pretty much untreatable and has extremely low full remission rate without medical intervention.

Again, unless you are an author of a thesis disproving the current psychiatric practice, you are just an anti-intellectual. If you are indeed a molecular biologist, I am quite sure your future in your field will be extremely problematic.

Schizoid is a personality disorder not a psychosis. Obviously medical intervention is called for in something like schizophrenia. But notably, we actually have a pretty decent understanding of what schizophrenia is and why the medicine helps. Even with depression, where we aren't sure about the underlying causes or why the mechanisms of the drugs help, we have enormous evidence to show that it does help for a lot of people.

Bit psychotherapy? It's one part common sense, one part bullshit, to treat conditions which arguably are not even diseases at all.

There's absolutely no way you're a qualified clinical psychologist or psychiatrist. You said outright fucking false shit, then posted an image that demonstrated what you said was false, and now are just continuing to go "You need therapy" (while just saying the absolute most common sort of therapy out there, by the way) and telling people that unless they've published a thesis, they can't talk to you.

Also, what the fuck are you talking about? Schizoid PD is not psychosis, it's not schizophrenia you moron.

And we're actually pretty good at treating schizophrenia if people keep taking the medicines.

Agreed. Though there is a pretty damn good amount of evidence for why appropriate application of therapy is useful, even in patients that require medicine, they're more likely to improve and have a better outcome if they also attend therapy.

I would intuit that most of the observed benefits for therapy are just having someone non-critical to talk to, and perhaps even more importantly, a reminder to take the meds

You shouldn't. That stuff is pretty obviously controlled for.

Specific sorts of therapy are more useful in different situations, and therapy on its own can be enough to help people overcome disorders that they wouldn't be able to on their own.

I would recommend looking into the actual science around something before you insist it's quackery (though we both agree that the other guy is clearly just some kid with no formal education).

Pathologization was a widely discussed subject, and SPD is part of the ICD for a good reason. Definitions of psychosis may differ, but I do agree that I should have used the term cognitive distortion instead. If you would understand the basis of CBT, you would understand why it can be extremely beneficial for people suffering from cognitive distortions.

Yes, I am not qualified CP or a psychiatrist.

Yes, I should have used the term cognitive distortions, even though psychosis is more palatable to understand for patients, something you would not have known due to your lack of any experience in this field. And unless you have any specific claim to dissect, please stop freaking out and leave the discussion.

So, you have no experience with actually treating patients with psychiatric disorders, as you're not a qualified clinical psych or psychiatrist, and are still throwing around "I bet you have no experience in the field" as an insult.

Your claim was outright false about what Schizoid PD is, you then backed it up with an image supporting that it was false, then demanded that only people with published theses speak to you, then confused schizoid with schizophrenia, and are now backpedalling and going "oh you don't even understand".

You're now talking about cognitive distortions, which is something you get in schizotypal personality disorder, not schizoid.

Could you make it more obvious you're just trying to get info from the wikipedia page, while still looking at the wrong disorder?

Not the best source, but this might help you out a bit
pvmhmr.org/8-personality-disorders/article/479-dsm-5-the-ten-personality-disorders-cluster-a
>Persons with Schizotypal Personality Disorder* are characterized by a pervasive pattern of social and interpersonal limitations. They experience acute discomfort in social settings and have a reduced capacity for close relationships. For these reasons they tend to be socially isolated, reserved, and distant. Unlike the Schizoid Personality Disorder, they also experience perceptual and cognitive distortions and/or eccentric behavior
> Unlike the Schizoid Personality Disorder, they also experience perceptual and cognitive distortions and/or eccentric behavior

Another brainwashed ego post. Do you realize that alcohol is just another drug that in high doses turns people into jerks? Stop trying to fit in and live your life the way you want to. Fuck this has triggered me hard.

Also, I really have to highlight this
>even though psychosis is more palatable to understand for patients

Because it's insanely concerning. Assuming you're interacting with patients in some way, are you actually telling them that they're experiencing psychosis when they aren't? Because that's not okay by any standard.

If for whatever reason you need to explain what a cognitive distortion is to a patient, you just fucking explain it, you don't lie to them and say it's something completely different.

General therapy in and of itself I'm less skeptical of than psychoanalysis in particular
>and SPD is part of the ICD for a good reason.
Nah. It's literally just psychologists reeee-ing over introverts existing.
>Definitions of psychosis may differ, but I do agree that I should have used the term cognitive distortion instead.
Personality disorders do not present cognitive defficiency, that is what distinguishes them from mental disorders. Though obviously you can have comorbidity

Fair enough then, yeah, psychoanalysis is not the most useful field overall (though there's validity to some of it).

There's a bit of debate about whether SPD should be considered a disorder anyway, there's no distress inherent in it.

This is some next level bullshit, a fucking venn diagram rofl

>using any substances besides psychedelics in strictly ceremonial settings explicitly for self-exploration

What planet are you from?

By definition, people with schizoid personality disorder do not want any more social interaction than they engage in. They are happy to be relative loners.

Needing alcohol to talk to people is common in people with anxious avoidant personality disorder. But you probably don’t have that, either.

This. If you want to be super social, you're not schizoid, you're just anxious or awkward. Especially if adding alcohol makes you feel even more social and interested in it.