Hello, can someone please explain to me where the

hello, can someone please explain to me where the
>carbs are bad
meme came from? why do people think this? surely if theres SO many people parroting it, is there some truth to it?

and since Veeky Forums keeps making fun of them, can you tell me why they're good?

'Carbs are bad is a meme', is a meme.
>gotta go deeper
knock that shit off.

it s not bad if you re a lazy fat sack of inactive shit. there s no reason to take them in if you don t expend physical energy.

afaik carbs aren't as filling as fats and protons so its easier to overeat and get fat

People believe carbs are bad because they believes potatoes chips & cakes & donuts are "carb" .

Worst case you eat too much and they turn to fat ( really unlikely ) , woop dee doop , the same retard who parrot this also parrot that fat is good usually .

>surely if theres SO many people parroting it, is there some truth to it?
Top fucking kek. Life gets easier once you realize the vast majority of people are dumb as fuck.

I come from a family where diabetes is prevalent so it isn't a meme for me.

But the main point is that a lot of Americans are eating way too much sugar in their diet between their soda, sugary breakfast cereals, and their desire for a dessert every day.

Long story short, Atkins diet it is the reason

typically people can do with cutting a bit of carbs out of their diet

Big Meat and Big fat paid off the health industry

I can think of a bunch of reasons why carbs have gotten a bad rap.

Carbs such as rice and pasta are very easy to eat in large amounts, which means it's easy to overeat.
Sugar is associated with a lot of poor food choices, and sugar is a carb so people associate carbs with poor food choices.
Carbs generally give a large insulin response, and some people blaim insulin for gaining weight.
Paleo, which got pretty popular, says you can't eat grains.
Eating lots of carbs make you hold more water, which means it looks like you lose weight when you cut out carbs.

All of these things combined makes it easy to see why many people are afraid of carbs. But of course people are idiots.

The worst part is people who believe insulin is " the fat storage" hormone and nothing else , people who parrot this shit are at the TOP of mount stupid , you can't go higher .

>surely if theres SO many people parroting it, is there some truth to it?
Think for a second about how dumb the average person is. Then realize half of all people are dumber.

Absolutely. In fact, anybody who makes anything hormone-related sound remotely simple has just demonstrated that they have no fucking clue what they're talking about.

This.

>Fatty has trouble losing weight
>Too dumb to count calories correctly
>Or too impatient and get HANGRY because the weight loss isn't immediate , binge , doesn't count it and blame CICO because " it didn't work for him" .
>Some greedy men take advantage of the water flush characteristic of low carb diet and trick fatty .
>See instant weight drop , believe that carbs are evil and the reason he got fat
>Since fatty cut out 4 food food group and is more limited in his choice he follow CICO without knowing it;
>Parrot everywhere that Carbs are evils
>Others fat fuck follow it
>More parroting
>Online journal want to make clicks
>Parrot it again
>More bookseller
>More parroting
>Become mainstream
>It never end

They don't even have to be dumb, they can be "educated", have degrees, and still be fucking ignorant

Alright Carlin relax

lol diabetes is caused by being overweight and (FAT) not carbs man

Carbs are bad in that overeating is bad and carbs are the lowest satiety calorie source, which means that the typical overeater is overeating by less calories than his (simple and cereal sourced) carb intake, allowing him to cut (simple and cereal) carbs from his diet, add some off those calories back in the form of meat and vegetables, and end up not eating more that TDEE despite feeling more satiated and needing fewer snacks.
Generally a skinny dude would have to have a diet like a humming bird or where most of his calories are from ethanol to give himself type 2 diabetes without eating above TDEE, but those diets will kill most people before they have to worry about the diabetes.

However insulin resistance is not simply caused by overeating, you have to overeat foods that cause strong insulin responses.

Which is, admittedly almost everything in the era of subsidized HFCS, including many things that don't taste sweet or that appear to be meat products.

said by the guy who doesn't understand averages

> >carbs are bad
no
carbs are EVIL

>Wow I dropped so much weight so quick
>All I had to do was avoid carbs
>Dieting is easy now that I know the shortcut
>I don't have to diet any more NOW, I will do so later. Now I will have a pizza :)
5 years later..

>Implying average = mean
You sort of proved your point though
>where the
>>carbs are bad
>meme came from? why do people think this?
Here's a scenario
>Fatass googles how to get fit and healthy
>Fatass finds out he has to cut out pizza, fries, chips, cookies and sodas
>Fatass does so and is now feeling better, meanwhile noting that all these foods had "carbs" in common
>Fatass is no longer fatass
>Ex fatass stumbles upon a keto related blog, subreddit, or other online community, with its fair share of misrepresented, misinterpreted, poorly conducted or shilled studies supporting one of the food groups he used to enjoy (fatty meat and butter)
>Ex fatass goes into ketosis and immediately drops a shitload of weight because he depleted his glycogen stores and lost like 5-10 kg water weight
>Ex fatass enjoys this diet more because it allows some of the foods he used to enjoy, while previously he fell for the "chicken rice broccoli" meme and the "oats" meme, which combined with the fact that he can't cook for shit (because he comes from a background of never having cooked anything more complicated than a grilled cheese sandwich), made them taste like cardboard
>Ex fatass also associates keto with the bodybuilders (goal body image) doing it and shilling it, ignoring that 90% of the athletes worldwide eat normal clean food but just don't advertise it because it's just food, seriously, stop overthinking it
>Ex fatass' descent towards the keto side is complete, he's become another religious zealot