Does anyone find it hilarious how people on Veeky Forums have been brainwashed to think you HAVE to back squat...

Does anyone find it hilarious how people on Veeky Forums have been brainwashed to think you HAVE to back squat, flat bench and deadlift to make gains?

I'll let you into a secret boys, none of those exercises are necessary and you will still make gains without them.

I agree.

Deadlift and OHP are the only 2 big boy lifts I do since they're both good for aesthetics.

Back Squats and Flat Bench aren't optimal for aesthetics. Why? I'll explain.

1. Deadlifts are already enough for the quads, adding another big boy compound ontop of it just makes your quads grow to unaesthetic levels.

2. There's several other far more superior chest exercise (incline bench, dumb-bell bench)

I don't understand why people here enjoy tricking people into becoming powerlifters

>online
everyone squats,bench,deadlift

>real world
everyone does brah splits

Really makes you think, huh

You don't have to but if you're not squatting you either have tiny legs or you're putting unnecessary stress on your knees by using the machines.

>Deadlifts are already enough for the quads
lol

>There's several other far more superior chest exercise (incline bench, dumb-bell bench)

true, but not by much

28 inch legs at 190lbs and 6'4", have not squatted since January when I got injured

conventional deadlift one day and sumo deadlift another day with some significant volume keep my quads in decent shape

depends on your definition of "enough"

enough to keep them looking aesthetic? maybe
enough to develop them to their fullest potential? fuck no, you need knee extension to occur through a longer ROM

I use to deadlift and squat for many years.

I posted my body on the MISC and I had a lot of people telling me to drop squats and focus on deadlift because of how big my quads were.

It actually worked out, quads became proportional instead of comically oversized in comparison to rest of body.

Explain to me why DB bench is better than flat press

Fine, but WHY wouldnt you want to back squat and deadlift? They are literally the best exercises for building mass.

Deadlifts are shit for mass and just too physically taxing desu

Better off doing light romanian deadlifts or something

>Deadlifts are shit for mass
Wrong

>just too physically taxing desu
Perfect, that is why we are in the gym for!

You don't have to, but there's basically no downside of heavy compound lifts, if you do it properly. People just make the mistake of focusing on them too much, and skimping on assistance lifts to address their weaknesses.

deadlifts are shit for mass because every shitty fucking beginner routine has you doing a single set of five, as if deadlifts are somehow special and will kill you if you exceed 1-2 sets a week

this leads to people on Veeky Forums never doing more than 1x5 a week, and then declaring that they didn't build any mass doing deadlifts - no shit, you didn't do any volume

How much volume should I do?

definitely not 1/9th of the volume you do for squats

look into something like GZCL-P which has a decent balance of volume between all lifts, room for accessory work, and has a progression scheme (you can jump to this once you reset on SS once or twice)

works stabilizer muscles, irons out imbalances (whereas flat bench magnifies them), safer

You know what really fucking kills me in this board? People who says : "Do something exactly like x and you will get x" l. I challenged myself to bulk like a lardass for 3 months(28kg) and lost it all in 2 months lifting only with dumbbells and fullbody 3 times a week + running 2 times a week. What I'm trying to say is, little are the chances that you gonna see someone in this board saying "test it breh, adapt it, make it the best FOR YOU" and I mean it, some people will enjoy more doing this or that, and in retrospect, they will evolve physically so much faster than they would if they simply followed guidelines. Learn what the fuck you're doing, experiment different lifts, see what is the most enjoyable for you, shat pumps you the most, LEARN TO LOVE lifiting. Because if you hate it, might as well stop now, since it wont gt any easier...

>be 6'4" lanklet
>start working out, legs stay lacking despite all the leg presses in the world
>have a bad lower back, too scared of squats and deads
>jacked dude with the same hight as me goes "if you wanna get big, you gotta do these my nibba
>get an actual clinic to learn squats, find out I can do them well after elevating heel
>go hard on the squats
>bought new jeans after 3 months because the old ones don't fit anymore.
>girls mire new glutes game
fuck your brosplit

also better range of motion, only negative is you probably won't be microloading so you have to make pretty significant jumps in weight

Most of the competitive bodybuilders I know don't even barbell squat

Fuck off with your broscience

>bodybuilders
yeah I bet you can get great leg gains on machines when you're roided the fuck out
Do your thing user, I'm just sharing my personal experience

I don't see how doing steroids instead of barbell squats is an argument

Tom platz had tiny little femurs allowing him to squat like a piston easily, exactly the sort of person Dorian is talking about ya mong

literally zero bulge, where are this man's genitals?

deadlifts are shit for mass cause they rely entirely on hip leverage and spine to get them up

do something else.

Veeky Forums will never be a serious discussion or advice platform
you have your memes and nothing else, and those who take it for real are already lost

Here is a retarded question that was following me for years:

If your body can make only a certain amount of muscles per day/week, if you won't work out the lower body won't your upper body grow faster?

Was wondering that myself. I assume muscle growth is more limited by each muscle itself than a whole body strict limit. Also see people talking about big lifts like squats and deadlifts having some hormonal effect but who knows how true that is.