Never been to a gym, but I want to start lifting

Never been to a gym, but I want to start lifting.

Is it socially acceptable to just show up in a worn t-shirt, jogging pants, and cheap running shoes?

Also, what do I do if I get bullied by assholes?

>Also, what do I do if I get bullied by assholes?
Try hitting them with the barbell

Is this what beginners think gym life is like? Big guys bullying little beginners? Gym is the friendliest place on earth people are willing to spot you, workout with you all you have to do is ask.

>made two buddies in gym a year ago, one of them invited me to his parents BBQ couple of weeks ago.
Stop being a fag.

Nobody will bully you. They might look at you a bit if you are new or you are doing something spectacularly stupid. But everyone was like that one day. Go to the gym. It changed my life.

>Is it socially acceptable to just show up in a worn t-shirt, jogging pants, and cheap running shoes?

I don't know man, you run the risk of looking like almost everyone else in the gym.

Seriously though, nobody wears their best stuff to the gym, it's always either a kind of old tshirt, some pants and shoes that only get used for gym at this point (wear as flat a heel as possible).

And even if you did get picked on by some people (you won't, that never really happens, people either just keep to themselves or are friendly as fuck), just tell the staff? Assuming you're going to a gym outside a high school, you're all adults, the gym isn't going to just let them push away other customers by being assholes, and people who are actually causing issues with other customers will just get kicked out of the gym, and potentially have their membership revoked.

Don't worry about it honestly, pretty much everyone feels nervous going to the gym to start with, that feeling goes away after a week or two. Avoid peak times if you're really concerned (if you go at night, go after closing time. Gym is always busiest around like 5-7 or 8 in my opinion).

funnily enough people who are looking to improve themselves aren't assholes

nobody will give a fuck

Do whatever you can to get lifting, no one cares what anyone else is doing. If they do, they certainly wont bully you. Also who gives a fuck what other people at the gym think.

Just do you bro, we're all gonna make it.

Last friday I asked for a spot while doing BP and got my last 5 reps :)

Get to the gym bro, start lifting. Trust.

You just have to put up with the constant bullying. Once you hit 1/2/3/4 you will be accepted and you can then start to bully the newcomer.

If you have chosen to start going the gym then the best place to start building a new you is to completely start from scratch. The bullying just helps to break you down before you can start to build yourself up.

It's not extreme bullying and it's rarely physical. It's mainly just chants of "fresh meat" and a bit of cock sucking in the showers. Nothing to worry too much about

>Is it socially acceptable to just show up in a worn t-shirt, jogging pants, and cheap running shoes?
thats what 60% of the people already going to the gym wear. Ignore the people who always have to wear the latest gym fashion trends they're not worth your time. Look at the guys/girls moving around huge weight, guarantee most of them are just wearing shitty clothes with either converse or lifting shoes
the gym is not like highschool...unless you go to your highschool gym i guess
just look up a beginners program (the sticky) and maybe youtube some lifts so you know correct form.

This isnt your first day of fucking middle school bro. I started at the gym overweight and looking like dog shit, nobody gives a fuck, unless you are using horrible form with too much weight, nobody gives a fuck.

Even if someone judges you it will be from a distance and non confrontational, maybe you meet their eyes and they have a slight look of disgust on their face. Chill out bro.

Going to a gym for the first time is kind of like entering prison. The alphas will immediately want to fight you to assert dominance. It's important that you fight back, if you pussy out you will become their bitch and have to spot them and massage them between sets.

dude i have worked out in doc marten suspenders and cords before (uni gym and i travel in and just wanted a quick pump before an exam)

literally no one gives a fuck what you look like unless your the 200 pound asian dude with biceps the size of my head who goes to my gym. everyone eye fucks that fucker.

here's your reply since nobody else gave you one

You fuck their sisters/moms/grandmoms and assert dominance.

It's common for a newcomer, especially if you're out of shape to be turned into the weight bitch. You'll spend most of your work out running from rack to bench removing and adding plates to the bar of stronger gymgoers. It doesn't stop there though, you'll also become what is known as a 'shower-hole' where you spend the last half of your gym routine in the showers sucking all the stronger men off, it's not gay; you're just getting your cardio.

After around 6 months or new year you should be accepted and you will no longer have to carry plates, but you'll probably still suck 50 cocks a day, you may even find it easier to take it up the ass and use your hands to make it go faster (no one can spend all day working out, amirite).

Best of luck, bro.

kek u did wat was on my mind

Why?

why what spaz ? why you can't finish a sentence ?

Why the extra spaces, mong? Not even punctuation wants to be near you?

no it helps with clarity. plus im dyslexic and didn't notice.

AND IF THAT IS THE BEST ARGUMENT YOU CAN MUSTER. its literally a straw man argument. only a true spaz would argue semantics like grammar when you still haven't clarified your why ?

Good, start lifting.

Wear whatever you want, you still aren't going to look more ridiculous than the gay guy at my gym who wears what is basically a glow in the dark leotard.

There are no assholes in the gym that bother you, the assholes in the gym are people too busy miring themselves to bother you.

Just make sure you know how to use the equipment you are about to use before using it. If you don't you will end up injuring yourself, and if you happen to go to a gym that has another Veeky Forumsizen you will find a pic of your retarded use of said equipment on this board sooner or later.

Hope I answered everything for you there.

>its literally a straw man argument
You have no idea what you're talking about.

>that post
>an argument
Dyslexia is the least of your comprehension problems, son.