So these cucks over at reddit said they don't feel their muscles getting worked during bench, rows, overheadpress...

So these cucks over at reddit said they don't feel their muscles getting worked during bench, rows, overheadpress, deadlift. they just do the excercise until they feel tired and can't do it.

It got me wondering, do you guys feel your chest squeezing during bp? or your back on rows? hams on dl?

I feel my muscles during all thse excercises, I used not to when I was a dyel tho

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RUkfBaDvBUg
youtube.com/watch?v=3jVfAywaiOE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nah I actually agree with the redditors.
except for OHP but I mainly feel my traps.

>they just do the excercise until they feel tired
I think I'm starting to get the picture.

I feel it, because activating the muscles is what's required to perform the lift properly.

Only on some exercises. I can feel my glutes on deadlifts, chest on incline bench sometimes. I guess the mind-muscle connection meme is real.

this
you have to remember that half that faggots that lift on here and reddit have no idea what they're doing.

I found it pretty important in learning to lift with the right form.

I can only really feel my chest on bench if I do a shit load of reps

Aren't that guy's hips too high?

No.

when I first started lifting I was just following what felt like arbitrary lifting rules, shit like that makes it harder for me to learn.

>learning how to do it right makes it hard for me to learn
kek

At the start i didnt feel it, but now i do. YOu feel it more as it gets haviour, and your technique becomes better.

but if size is your goal then you should do more than 3 sets

>haviour

holy shit

YEAH I FUCKIN FEEL CUNT MUSCLES THAT I SHOULDN'T BE WORKING SO IM LIKE GOD NIGGA WHY IS MY FORM FUCKIN WRONG

I feel whole back muscles,while I do DL;

However I had to Improve my technique,because I didnt feel anything at the beggining.

Actually now that you mention it sometimes I do get a lat pump doing deadlifts.

If I use DBs i can feel it

I don't feel my chest during bench most times, but I think it's my fault for bad form. I definitely feel the targeted groups in every other exercise.

I get more bicep from any kind of benching than I do chest activation. Dips, cable flys, push-ups, and the pec-deck hit my chest really well, though. I only *really* feel OHP in my delts on the last couple of reps on my last set, otherwise it's triceps and a surprising amount of lat despite my lack of a layback. I feel leg exercises particularly in my VMO, but throughout my entire leg. I really feels deads in my erectors, took a while, but it's how I know I'm doing them right now.

>bicep activation from bench
What the fuck?

>her face

theres something in my preworkout (niacin?) that really makes muscle mass tingle when blood first pumps into it
you can really tell whats working

>So these cucks over at reddit said they don't feel their muscles getting worked during

Yeah, 'cause most of those fucks bench 60lbs.

I disagree with the redditors because they are redditors and for no other reason.

literally this

>I feel my muscles during all thse excercises, I used not to when I was a dyel tho

The more you workout and practice using your muscles to lift with and the bigger they become, the easier it is to feel the muscles working and also to generate force.

Your form is probably better now, too, which also helps a lot.

I feel my muscles a lot more now that I have an impressive physique compared to when I started. It's also much easier to get pumps.

I feel nothing during rows or ohp. Pull ups really squeeze my back nicely though so dont know whats with rows feeling do numb

I love reading reddit posts where some guy is authoritatively giving advice then mentions he has gotten his bench up to 45kg after 3 months

I'm always paranoid I'm doing bench wrong as sometimes I feel it in my chest, sometimes I don't. It's frustrating as my chest is the main area I want to improve.

Am I right in thinking your forearms are meant to be vertical when in the lower phase?

Where on my chest should the bar by landing? By my nipples? Higher on the chest? Lower on the chest?

>his hat

I feel the muscles for sure, especially with DOMS the next day. I don't feel the pump that I do with isolation work but it doesn't make me rep until failure though.

AFAIK (correct me if I'm wrong)

Generally speaking, forearms should be vertical and the bar should be landing below the nipples

Thanks brah, we're all gonna make it

>doctors find that the obese body violates the fundamental laws of conservation of mass and energy
>local biomedical engineers facepalm so hard they're holding their brains
i swear to christ that doctors are retards who just memorize a bunch of shit. i have not met a single doctor that impressed me who wasn't MD, Ph.D

I definitely feel it in my chest and sometimes triceps when I bench press and OHP, and feel my quads glutes getting worked when I do squats, I've been have problems with my deadlifts though, I started to get this achey sensation in my lower back after going up in weight. I need to find a gym buddy who will help me maintain good form because I thing my form is shit for dead lifts

I feel it in every movement except bench press because bench press is a stupid move for pecs.

It limits the range of motion by pinning the scapula instead of letting them move freely.

If you read Starting Strength, even Rip declares that the push-up is a superior movement pattern. He only chooses the bench press because he claims the bench is easier to load (in Rip's mind, weight vests with 2 lb blocks that go up to 150 lbs don't exist).

Oh, and Rip doesn't even do bench press these days because... wait for it... he injured his shoulder.

/end rant

(((Doctors)))

>do you guys feel your chest squeezing during bp?
Never.
I need a wide, arch-shaped movement pattern to properly activate my chest, which is achievable only with dumbells or machines/cables.

This deficiency is propably why I only bench 330@228lbs BW.

biceps are stabilizers

After I stand up on the bench press I feel my chest tense. With deadies, I feel my lower back definitely. With rows I sometimes feel my lats but I actually feel my hamstrings more.I do just in general feel tired though, probably because I've went from nothing to squatting by bodyweight 5x5 before every workout which takes it out of me.

Is this that bed? I'm benching 40 after a month, 19YO, dunno if that's good or bad? My friends claim they bench 80 but then they also claim they squat 130 - kg for all. Which is complete horseshit for people who go to the gym once a week.

And make sure it's not really touching your chest - just brushing your t-shirt.

a lot of fat people have underlying mental problems so I think that's what this is implying. a lot of fat people lose weight and then just get fat again.

If you can't feel the muscles working you need to deload or you'll end up hurting yourself. I guarantee that you're not doing it correctly. For instance, when I hurt myself deadlifting, I was previously confused why I never had sore hamstrings, turns out when I looked critically at my form, the reason for that was because I was subconsciously trying to put the weight on my quads, and ended up fucking my lower back. Do it with a little weight, feel the muscles work, remember the feeling, then increase your weight again. This applies equally with bench and OHP.
Also
>rows
how can you not feel your back activating during rows? are you a fucking retard? rows make my back feel and look like a bag of cats, I love it

Do some rack pulls after your deadlifts, they help with learning how to employ your ass muscles and stuff, plus they'll make your lower back hard as a rock.

I get high as fuck before I lift, so I feel everything

thx for the advice m8, have a thicc girl

Beta alanine.

The conspiracy continues

squatting bodyweight is not that much dude, you're probably weak as shit so don't give advice

40 kg for a dude is pathetic-tier. Work at it and maybe you'll grow out of being a weak piece of shit. You should want to match their fake stats with your real stats.

I wasn't giving advice, I was saying what I felt. Yeah I know it's not fantastic, but I've went from 30kg to 75kg. Sorry we don't all start out buff.

I know. My goal for squat and deadlift is 1.5x bw. I', 75kg. What's a similar target for bp? Just bodyweight? I can row my bodyweight.

Redditors need to die

source

It's a Deadlift, not a Squat variation.

Emily R Thorne

Start by going for 100 kg and then work up from there.

reddit is the best place for crowd victim mentality

pro tip: avoid it at all costs

pic unrelated

1.5x bw is 112.5 kg so i'm hoping to just aim for it.

AHHHHH im doing nofap this causes me mixed feelings of mental distress and also arousal

Yes ofcourse. You should if you are activating your muscles correctly. Also make sure to warm up correctly so that there is bloodflow to where you want it to go. This makes it a lot easier to activate yoru muscles imo

at first I didn't, but de-loading and learning to do the lifts slowly and with propper form I did. I also stopped injuring myself.

It depends. Not particularly during bp, but flies and crossovers really get my chest burning bad. Curls for biceps, and pretty much anything for triceps. I guess it has to do with isolation or something.

Don't use reddit as reference for anything. It has the same amount of lowq posting Veeky Forums has but with the disadvantage of being a muh feels hugbox. Basically any relevant subreddit has a 'no racism/homophobia/x' rule or 'don't offend others' or some bullshit like that.

At least here you get to call niggers faggots and absolutely nothing happens.

keep your shoulders lowered when doing chest press and shoulder press. if your shoulders are shrugged when benching, you are "cheating" with delts (not really cheating because you probably aren't lifting as heavy as you could), when shoulder pressing if your shoulders are shrugging you are cheating with your traps
youtube.com/watch?v=RUkfBaDvBUg
youtube.com/watch?v=3jVfAywaiOE

?????

If I can't feel it then I check my form because I'm obviously doing it wrong. If you wanna really feel diddlys then throw your ass back as far as possible. That's why I always do a few warmup sets with dumbbells first

if you're consistently getting sore from the same exercises every time you do them, you're obviously not doing them enough. let me guess, you hit every muscle group once a week?

yes

something something mind muscle connection something something