I’m going to post this every day until you remember it

I’m going to post this every day until you remember it

Attached: 2942605E-963E-4618-A340-9838A53247CF.jpg (1600x1200, 337K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Eyu3OIn5A00
thefederalist.com/2016/10/03/come-and-take-it/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

finn here, alamo? i remember something similar being showed in king of the hill

I never forget

FOR FUCKS SAKE I REMEMBER WE ALL REMEMBER PLEASE STOP

Attached: 20170606_114925.jpg (427x355, 102K)

Yes, it is the alamo. If you don't know, it's a last stand elevated to legend in Texas mythology/history. A handful of Texan volunteers (many from the United States) took on 6 to 8 times their own number in mexican troops and died to a man. Afterwards it became a battlecry along with the Goliad massacre where roughly 400 prisoners of war were executed by a chimp out/firing squad combo. "Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" is the full saying. After those battles the size of the Texan army grew and finally the Mexican army and """"""the Napoleon of Mexico"""""" was btfo by a bunch of militia at San Jacinto so hard he attempted to disguise himself as a footsoldier, but was luckily apprehended for the sake of historical embarrassment. He then signed the treaty of Velasco*, since he was in a stroke of retardation also the head of state as well as a General, which ended the war and caused such eternal shame/asshurt that to this day mexicans/mexico state that the treaty is immoral or illegal because of the fact that Santa Anna was held hostage, ignoring the fact that he was so because he lead a group of armed men into the territory of Texas, executed prisoners and accepted no surrender. This denial would exist all the way up until modern day, despite the US also going in, blowing the fuck out of the Mexican army, and paying the Mexicans for territory seceded.

This is probably why both white and mexican-descent native Texans (Tejanos) don't trust a single fucking thing out of Mexico and hate the place, it is that culturally ingrained. If you're Finnish, maybe Finn/Russian or Finn/Swede animosity is a good comparison?

EVERY

DAY

UNTIL

YOU

REMEMBER

Whoah i just realized why US history is so much more engaging than European one. You have so little conflicts, that you can focus on them specifically and make them glorified. US people glorify and legendarize Alamo, since its the embodiement of their USxMexico struggle, but what do the French have to embody their struggle against Britain? Hundreds and thousands of heroic battles, each of them so amazing that it shadows the achievements of the last. Just the hundred years war itself has like five battles like that. We got so much conflict and achievements in our history that its hard to wrap one's head around it, so most people rather don't care, but US has like four actual wars that happened there and just up to a ten famous conflicts, so its much more easy to popularize and be fan of US history than European.

Muy frijolero tambean.

Alway rembr almo

or maybe it's because a short war can always be memorialized and glorified. Many apologies for your monumental asshurt though

This is a history board, most people know alamo.
Now fuck off with your tiny ass battle.

Attached: HEt0PUn.jpg (800x1533, 151K)

Floridian master race here
WHAT is this?

I REMEMBER

>Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad
i don't like it, i prefer just "Remember the Alamo"

>This is probably why both white and mexican-descent native Texans (Tejanos) don't trust a single fucking thing out of Mexico and hate the place, it is that culturally ingrained. If you're Finnish, maybe Finn/Russian or Finn/Swede animosity is a good comparison?
I wouldnt go that far, we are okay with mexicans, just less of them swarming over the border like flies would be nice
I dont really think there is still a group you could call "Tejanos", i think theyve all intermixed with mexican immigrants, so its just a term for mexican-americans from Texas
Also Texas was just one in a series of mexican rebelions, alot of people hated Santa Anna, he was a really shitty dictator
t. Texan
Reminder that San Jacinto happened and mexicans are infact, lazy stereo types of themselves

How did english speaking people end up in mexican texas anyway? Immigrants?

Yes Texas came to be because the mexican government didn’t stop the large influx of illegal migrants from America that were settling the land
The migrants eventually became numerous enough to declare sovereignty and Mexicans today wonder why we want a wall to keep them out

The mexicans let them settle there since they were probably going to do it anyways, not too many mexicans were keen on settling there given all of the comanche and apache, literally the two most brutal indian tribes
They were not supposed to bring slaves and had to convert to catholicism to come but no one really listened to that

Bump

Floridian former master race*
Enjoy your bump stock ban

Delet this

youtu.be/Eyu3OIn5A00

Attached: come and take it.png (2000x1333, 26K)

>remember that shitty invasion of Mexico that failed

I 'member

Attached: Annie at the Alamo.jpg (4895x3471, 3.13M)

thefederalist.com/2016/10/03/come-and-take-it/

>They are blissfully unaware that “Come and take it” is a quote from King Leonidas I of Sparta. At the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 BC, during the second Persian invasion of Greece, Leonidas replied to Xerxes’s demand that the Greeks surrender their arms, “molon labe”—come and take them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

butt hurt spic detected

>believing Santa Anna's lie and not that tejanos and colonist both were fed up with the government

“””Colonist”””

yea colonists or pioneers, like the french fur trappers in the north. Ironically mexico invited them in after they won independence, "General Colonization Law - 8th of august in 1824"

Get colonized taco boy

I've never forgotten it.

Until I remember that Mexico did nothing wrong?

I remember

>I dont really think there is still a group you could call "Tejanos", i think theyve all intermixed with mexican immigrants, so its just a term for mexican-americans from Texas
I grew up just west of San Antonio and can confirm there's a big difference between the Anglified "Mexicans" you find in the countryside having lived here for generations, and the recent Mexican immigrants you'll find on Marbach road for example.

I forget

>“””Colonist”””
the proper term is smelly border hopping gringos