Is the Keto diet the real deal? Do carbs cause fat more than other things?

Is the Keto diet the real deal? Do carbs cause fat more than other things?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brie
youtube.com/watch?v=YxBk_76Q8BU
intensivedietarymanagement.com/fed-fasted-state/
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/48/2/240.short
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Keto allows weight loss if you eat less calories than you expend. Any diet does. Keto's just an unhealthy way to do it.

Putting butter on top of that is disgusting.

Eggs and bacon are good for breakfast. Lots of protein, not heavy on calories.

Keto increases the % of protein in your diet, and makes it hard (by restricting carbs) to mass calories.

You should do the latter without doing the former, carbs are great for energy.

That's not butter

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brie

The French have like 50% of their calories from fat. Incidence of cardiovascular disease is low.
>Keto increases the % of protein in your diet
Not the goal of keto. The goal is to get into ketosis, which means avoiding the synthesis of glucose for energy. Which means low carb intake and moderate protein intake. Too much protein on keto means excess protein is turned into glucose.

So-called 'keto' diet is just another form of Extremism, and as such should be avoided.

Just LIMIT carb intake, you'll lose weight, and without bonking constantly during any sort of physical activity.

Basically don't go below 30% of your total caloric intake being carbs, and stay away from simple carbs.

Would a 40/40/20 - Protein/Fat/Carbs split count as Keto or is Keto literally no carbs?

user, stop buying into extreme diets.

ya the french also MOVE THEIR FUCKING ASSES AFTER THEY EAT and BASICALLY UR RETARDED

>The French have like 50% of their calories from fat. Incidence of cardiovascular disease is low.

They also love white bread and cigarettes. There's other reasons for that.

youtube.com/watch?v=YxBk_76Q8BU

Keto should work as long as you're under your calorie requirements, but investing in fat rather than protein will hinder any attempt to gain muscle while losing weight.

you have to try really hard not to notice that everybody who looks good eats carbs and that people who advocate keto are still overweight or skinnyfat

Keto is a fucking meme

this

Works for me, I go on the diet for about a month to finish off my cuts. Definitely not for everyone but if you're disciplined enough the results come, I have a hard time getting into the 10-12% BF range without it

i dont recommend keto because its a fucking unhealthy meme diet, but it does work mostly because youre seriously limiting the amount of calories you can consume. my gf is on keto and even though shes losing weight, shes got no energy, cant shit, and is fucking up her menstural cycle. she is convinced ALL carbs are bad even though i explain sugar and complex carbs from whole foods are not at all the same thing -- shes just nutritionally retarded.

I advocate keto kys yourself

someone post photo of ketard with loose saggy skin who asked for advice couple days ago

Look up what the rock eats. A piece of chicken or steak or cod, some potato or yam carbs, and 2 cups of veggies 5 times a day. No extreme diet, can prepare all this yourself the day before too.

Why don't you beat some sense into her?

Post any picture of a fat person who lost weight that doesn't have loose skin

I've been on the keto for >10 years and I'm healthy as fuck. I initially used it to lose 100lbs and never stopped.

I also advocate keto. Your GF is probably not eating enough and needs more medium chain triglycerides and fiber. I have more energy, build easily, cut easily, and feel all around normal if not better than when I ate high protein, high complex carbs. Doesn't mess with my menstrual cycle. If anything it makes symptoms more mild. If you do keto you have to do it right.

Does OP not move his ass when he goes to the gym?

i would, but i dont wanna go to jail.

keto is 4:1 fat_calories:non-fat_calories
what you listed, assumign thats grams, is 3:2 or 1.5:1

i.e. not even close, fucking retard

Keto, like other marketing constructs, is just a "shortcut diet" marketing paradigm. Can you lose weight eating keto? sure. Can you gain weight eating keto? Also yes.

You've gotta eat less and move more to lose weight.

Also the amount of keto scams out there are insane.

I worked at the coffee wholesaler which provides the bulletproof coffee guy with his beans? It's literally a breakfast blend that he puts his stamps on. Fucking idiots paying out the nose they could buy five pound bags from our website for the same price if they did any amount of research.

to be fair to the guy, the whole thing about his special toxin-free beans isn't about keto. he doesn't say you need his beans or even any coffee at all to be keto. so it's not a keto scam.

and there might be something to it. i started getting a rashon my scalp. after going through many things, i realised it was somethign abotu my cheap supermarket brand ground coffee. maybe something abotu how it was harvested/processed (a certain chemical i ad a sensitvity to? a certain pesticide?) or just a certain quality that bean had. i switched to a different brand, and the rash is now gone.

i still wouldn't buy his standard $19 bags of coffee (that's just ridiculous), but i think there is truth to toxins/sensitivities. not all beans are grown the same, nor are they processed the same.

Keto is great, don't listen to carb sympathizers

>marketing constructs

To sell fucking what? Belly pork shares? Because 95% of the supermarkets become dead zones on keto.

I'm down 31 pounds in just over a month and a half on keto (two protein shakes a day made with almond milk, whey, and full cream, and a meat + veggies meal with a fatty sauce) and am managing to do more exercise than I ever had before in my life.

I'm not staying on it once I hit my desired weight. I'd literally kill a man for a Big Mac. But I can't argue against how effective it is. It's also good for training self discipline.

Do not do it if you have low bile production.
>no gallbladder
>lazy ass liver
>oily, smelly, runny shits on more than 15-20% fat

Idk im about to try it out. I was fat most of my life, when i turned 18 (27 now) i got into mma and got into a healthy and good looking figure at about 190. Im looking to get back to that, and im at 255ish now. Back in december i was 305 and thats when i had a bit of a wakeup call that its important to me for how i view myself to be in shape again, at the ideal weight i liked myself at. I made some small changes to diet and lost went from 300 to 260 super easily over about 4ish months. The hardest thing for me I consume that is shit for me is alcohol. My dads been into fitness his whole life, from body building to being a gym trainer for a bit. Its basically been like, his main hobby throughout his life and he only reads books and watchs videos on stuff like this. Hes been doing it for i think 2 years now (honestly not sure but its been awhile) and he says its great. He warned me about something called Keto Fever and gave me some good resources, just got back from the market and me and my gf are gonna try it for about 2 weeks and see how we do. If it doesnt feel like we are on a diet (we dont really like diets they generally dont work, its gotta be a lifestyle change) then we are gonna try it for about 3 months. I guess I can let you all know how its going for me, as a mostly unbiased viewpoint. Im somewhat skeptical myself but.. well see.

>breaks free
>could kill for shitty sandwich that is designed to keep you addicted
>not enjoying a life free of addicting food
>voluntarily going back to be a carb slave

ngmi

>I'm not staying on it once I hit my desired weight.
I've been there, done that. You're going to gain most or all of the weight back if you do that.

Ketoer here - and without waffling on, yes it works, yes it's relatively easy and the main benefit is that once you're about two weeks in, the hunger from combining it with moderate IF is VERY moderate as long as you chug a lot of water.

Would highly recommend.

At the very least, you're most likely eating less calories on it. Carbs are heavy in calories and can be addicting. Refined sugar also does shit things to your body. All of that being said, you're not going to know how you feel on a diet until you personally try it. Everyone is built differently and reacts to diets differently.

No, a calorie surplus does make your body gain fat.
Also dietary fats are most likely to be stored as body fat.
If you eat more fat your body uses more fat. If you eat more carbs it uses more carbs. Surplus makes you gain and a deficit lose mass.
Simple as that.
Don't cut out makros because of some meme.
Only purpose of keto diet for an athlete is to reach very low bf and get a dry look. For example, for the last two weeks before a Bodybuilding show.
This however will make you weaker and also look slightly flat which is why Bodybuilders do a small carbload and pump themselves up before they go to the stage.
Eric Helms, Lyle McDonald, Alan Aragon and so on do not recommend it, especially for performance reasons or only for short term (reason above)

>Carbs are heavy in calories and can be addicting.

Junk food =/= carbs

Also studies have shown that there is no advantage of a low carb to a low fat diet for fat loss.
However weightloss is bigger on a low carb diet for the first two to three weeks due to water retention.
But after 5 to 6 weeks it is the same.
Only thing that counts is the deficit and to keep Protein intake high.

Keto is slightly more muscle sparing. But its still about calories in > calories out

Keto isnt unhealthy faggot

if you lost 31 pounds in 1.5 months (read: over 5 lbs a week) that means that you're fucking obese (no offense) and could lose weight putting on your pants. doesn't mean there's something special about keto.

t. Fatass

Thats not what ketosis is

t. Fatass

>he STILL believes this
intensivedietarymanagement.com/fed-fasted-state/

Keto is a meme. Calories in, calories out.

Ya. Its true

>ya the french also MOVE THEIR FUCKING ASSES AFTER THEY EAT and BASICALLY UR RETARDED
French and Italians don't really do much sports, eat a fuckload of calories, fat AND carbs (especially flour as white as possible) and still manage to be among the thinnest populations in Europe, and in case of Italy, the healthiest country in the whole world.

Nobody knows why, either.

Dr dung is an hack trying to sell books .

You also do steroids. Come on, those delts, the upper chest, who are you trying to bullshit here?

>To sell fucking what? Belly pork shares?
Keto diet books, you retard.

It's because we eat small portion

Well obviously you still need a deficit

>Carbs are heavy in calories
Wrong.

>and can be addicting.
Also wrong.

Lemme guess, you're American.

May be, but I dunno. Last time I've been to Italy was in the 90s and your portions didn't seem smaller than say, German portions (I'm German so i would know).

I was diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic about 6 months ago. I've already dropped 27kg and normalized my blood sugar.

I'm eating low carb high fat, but not keto. Should I just go keto? Should I balance my diet more and eat lower fat but slightly more carbs and higher protein?

I don't want to do this long term, but I do want my new diet to be able to not fuck my blood sugar so I'm really worried about carbs.

Keto diets the one kid, if your a meat lover it's for you man, it's just a case of swapping, breads and pasta for fibre or veg. I know it allows you to have whole meal pastas an brown rice but I have had either. Dropped from 96kg to 88kg in a week an half maintained lifts. Feeling much better for it not bloated not tired, had a cheat day over the weekend felt like shit, not even bothering with it next weekend, maybe half a beer, don't want to be a freak about it.

The fat is literally what caused your insulin resistance in the first place , it literally clogged the pipe , you just stopped using the sink by going low carb .
This is the ultimate Redpill on keto diabete reversal properties , EVERYONE who says "fixed their beetus" by going keto get even higher blood sugar spike than before when they re-introduce carbs in their diet .

Just because your glycated hemoglobin is lower doesn't means your insulin resistance is lowered , it just means you stopped eating carbs.
A clean low Gi carbs and low fat diet slowly re-build up your insulin sensitivity and allow you to REALLY fix the beetus, unclog the fucking pipe and stop being afraid of turning on the water , and for the love of god stop throwing lard and coconut oil in it .

>Do carbs cause fat

No retard, fat causes fat.

I understand body fat contributes to diabetes, but I'm losing body fat.

Do you mean they consuming dietary fat is the cause of diabetes? In what way? I'm eating more fat now than I was before, and my blood sugar and A1C are significantly better.

I get that you are saying that that is because I'm no longer eating carbs in large amounts, which I assume is true (it is why I stopped eating them). But I'm having trouble with how fat connects to diabetes, exacerbating it. I was under the impression that was body fat interfering with organ function, not consumption of fat in the diet?

High fat meals means that it needs to be transported in the blood , usually resulting in thicker blood and impaired blood flow , which cause a need for more insulin when you ingest carbs .

On top of that high fat diet correlate with more intramuscular lipids which also hinder the glucose uptake of the muscle .

But yeah being fat in general is the worst things because it means both of the thing I mentioned above are usually higher no matter what kind of diet you have .

what are your macros, user?

test

> I'm eating more fat now than I was before, and my blood sugar and A1C are significantly better.

It has been the same for me, user. Try watching the fathead docu, they are sort of explaining this in the movie and it does make a lot of sense to me. I used to do a lot of cardio but I consumed carbs quite a lot. I was hungry, fat, unhappy and whats worse - addicted to sugar.

I've lost 20kg without much effort, I'm lean, I don't really get hunger pains and I'm overall more balanced.

I only count macros when I'm doing a+ lean, high protein and carb cut. I've noticed my body is pretty good at telling me what it needs in keto. If I'm feeling sluggish, I'm know didn't eat enough fats in the day and will take a scoop or 2 of coconut oil. Because of protein powders I can probably put my daily protein intake at about 130-150g/day (I weight 165 lbs so that's pretty appropriate).

People like you should be shot for spreading misinformation. Fat does not make you fat you dipshit, neither do carbs. Eating more calories than you burn make you fat.

Eating more calories than you burn causes you to store the fat you eat.

the point is if you're at a deficit it doesn't matter

In the event of a caloric surplus it's the fat that makes you fat, which is what I meant from the start and you must be a special kind of retard to not assume this as a given.

So if I eat at a surplus but I only eat carbs the carbs are magically transported out of my body?

Smh senpai

Fat isn't making you fat, a caloric surplus eas. Go eat over your TDEE in high carb low fat food and you'll gain just as much weight as if you were overeating high fat low carb food.

Yes.

They'll turn to fat , with a piss poor conversion rate because almost all the energy is lost as heat during the conversion .

Keep memeing yourself bud

>thinking brie cheese is butter
just americans

ajcn.nutrition.org/content/48/2/240.short
carbs making you fat is a huge meme

its alsways about calories. There is literally no fucking metabolic advantage to keto. The only argument I hear about keto benefits, its that your blood sugar goes down since you don't consume carbs which is incredibly stupid is that context. Protein has also an Glycemic Index and Protein still gives a similar insulin response as carbs. So now you are down to fat, your bodys least favorite energy source.

ALL High Carb people I've seen are lean as fuck while the only keto people I've seen are either red and smell bad or look like they are about to die.

But to be honest you lose weight on both extreme diets. The real benefit of keto is that it helps suppress appetite which helps you not go into an calorie defecit. On the other hand the high carb diet works differently. Before you are aple to gain weight on a high carb diet, you need to heavily overconsume on carbs and even if you consume to much, carbs still need to been turned into fat first which takes a lot of energy. In the end only 70% of your overconsumed carbs turn to fat.

Keto is usually high in processed fat and processed meat with high sodium (like cheese, salami, bacon...). If you are able to do a keto without that unhealthy shit, you will be healthy. High carb on the other hand has a lot more benefits. Not only do your energy levels rise much higher than they ever could on a keto, you also are able to reverse CAD, improve colesterol levels, better almost cureable diabetes, better skin, better teath and a lot more (I would encourage to do research on this on your own).

Good luck.

It's semi-legit. Food messes with your leptin, cortisol etc. depending on the macros and fiber. It's just a supplement to your willpower and it's too complicated to know WTF you are doing without the diet being full-retard like keto. Just avoid sugar and try to not carb-bomb yourself unless it is on purpose for a refeed or something. Everything will fuck you up in excess. Be nice to your organs, including your kidneys, and run a defecit/surplus, that's it.

What is cholesterol

A sterol.

It causes cholera.

all the ppl here who saying keto is not working or just a meme are fucking Liars i know it because i know how many weak minded ppl in fit ....
for keto diet you need commitment , most ppl here are fatties and self-relinquishment so they don't know shit .
give it a try op only you can know if its works for you or not .

nice debunk bro

You are always burning fat & carbs at the same time in different proportion , anyone who says otherwise is retardedly uninformed of lying on purpose .

all the ppl here who saying keto is not working or just a meme are fucking Liars i know it because i know how many weak minded ppl in fit ....
for keto diet you need commitment , most ppl here are fatties and self-relinquishment so they don't know shit .

How long you've been on it?

Keto is retarded for the general public that doesn't have neurological and metabolic disorders.

Low carb has merit, but eating a shit ton of saturated fats and cholesterol for no reason is retarded.
Eat some fucking peanuts instead of eating so much butter you absolute cretins.

never ....
just don't like to listen to unknowledgeable people.
first rule is to try it and than give your opinion on it

>never

Moving on...

> never eating carbs ever

lmao at your life. you must be fucking miserable.

Imagine going through life permanently bonked.

>shes got no energy, cant shit
She is an idiot. If you have low energy past the first two weeks, you should be taking magnesium and potassium supplements. If she can't shit, maybe she should eat more vegetables, or at least add supplemental fiber. Written literally in any keto FAQ out there.

>lost 30 pounds but I'm still so fat I can't even tell a difference in my own appearance
How did it get this bad, lads?

keto is superior diet with many advantages over standard diet

>better blood sugar control
>better hormonal profile

>explain sugar and complex carbs from whole foods are not at all the same thing

they are same for your body - energy
unironically you are the retard in your relationship