youtu.be/EiztIt0-hV4?t=12
youtu.be/Agc2mOW4p1U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>flexing in minor
>strained my right lat

who even squats that wide looks fkin stupid

Layne Norton

t. Sub 2pl8 squat

i havent seen anyone on plg squat that wide does that mean everyone squats sub 2pl8 here

This is a thinly veiled appeal to authority fallacy, lass.

Newfag detected

didnt hit depth once lmao

Shame he was gay. Don't you just hate fags bobby?

This gets white lighted

Marcel's squats were to depth.

thats a lie

Wow unless you're black please don't post pictures of black people. That's digital black face.

Can you fuck off newfag?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=I5bMH4Qeepw

Rebeka Koha is a whore.

False

You're thinking of Dreamer

he goes deep af in the vid no idea why youre pretending he didnt

I am madly in love with Rebeka koha take that back

I told you to fuck off newfag

My lowbar is pretty shit, i can squat decent weight but its more of a good morning and my knees cave really bad.
Should i just give up and go highbar instead?
My hb looks pretty decent but is around 20 kgs weaker.

I just dont understand how he can be stupid enough to trust those spotters. If anything goes wrong that weight is going right through their hands.

What I would do is deload and drastically change my form and work back up. I'd only deload by a plate.

Same thing happened to me when I first squatted 140kg, knees caved in, back was rounded. I dropped to 100kg, did SS and changed how I squatted and its stuck ever since.

Literally took me a month to get back to 3pl8 if I recall correctly, and not much longer to do it for 5.

>more of a good morning and my knees cave really bad
well that's basically what low bar squats are so I think you are good

Bro, always flex in major

How do you guys ab wheel?

Like how many sets and reps

I used to do 3 sets of 20. Just treat it like any exercise really, and increase the volume over time.

You can't easily weight them and thats why I ended up dropping them.

You should fuck off

Will consider it, depressing as shit with big deloads though.

>You can't easily weight them and thats why I ended up dropping them.

What ab stuff did you move onto?

Deloads become a blessing when you're as over worked as you sound.
Consider it essential for huge progress, try and take a half full approach to training.

Best of luck, lots of love from user

In recent months? Heavy pulls. Look up Dr Stuart McGill, he has very interesting advice on core exercises, specifically for protecting your spine.

If you're doing abs for the sake of having bigger abs, there's nothing wrong really with ab rollouts or owt

Ok, ordering new flatooos

wrestling asics vs crossfit shoes (nanos & metcons) and others

what you lifting it?

reminder that cucks taylors arent as good and I lifted in them for more than 1.5 year

Genuinely thinking of trying sumo boys

All the cool people are doing it

sumo looks fking stupid

I thought this was bobby at first lol

Was like dam he slimmed out pretty well

Thanks user, makes sense so will give it a go.

Wrestling shoes are better for deads, for squats you can run with whatever that doesn't compress too much.

I've been lifting in chucks longer than that and wouldn't trade them for the world.
In your position I'd go for wrestling asics, but that's just because I fill out a flat shoe well.

Sumo is my favourite but I look fucking stupid

sometimes i feel like im the only guy here who cares about getting stronk

you guys just care about the big three

Because powerlifting is about "the big three" not general strength.

Is this Chris?

Did Chris get shot?

at above 4pl8 squats they feel bad desu and I feel like im not spreading floor like I want to. For deads I dont care, Its more for squats. I want hard solid sole but no heel.

Get a pair of deadlift slippers and a pair of decent sneakers for squatting then, just make sure they don't compress too much.
Matching your singlet to your squatting shoes is very important.

thats correct

we powerlifting, not strongman or strenght lifting

This is my problem, I want shoes that dont compress. Walks out and standing in wl shoes is so hnnngg beacuse of stability which chucks dont provide. On other hand I dont like heel.

well i care about powerlellifting in the sense that its the only sport besides oly where i can demonstrate my strength

but i also care about general strength. imagine totalling near 2000 lbs but you cant even do a pullup i mean whats the point

Anyone competing in a lower weight class than shw is gonna be able to smash pullups like its nothing.

Nobody is that specific to the squat, bench and deadlift that they can't do some shitty bodyweight movements.

Fuck off newfag

youtu.be/EiztIt0-hV4?t=12

now fuck off

>go workout
>everything feels fucking weird, absolutely no focus and motivation, completely random fucksups, barpath all over the place

Sometimes it just doesn't make sense to workout.

Just train some general strength on the side of powerlifting, i don't think there are many decent powerlifters that aren't fairly strong in general.
Most lifters (even heavier ones) in my experience can do pullups.

Just find a pair of high sneakers with a non compressing and/or thin sole.
Squatting in a pair of adidas vs hoops myself, weissenberg and candito for example have sexy sneakers aswell.

I squat in pair of adidas seeley decons now, sole is good but shoe itself absorbs sweat as fuck and gibs bad feeling

That's me except every day

Should i do these McGill exercises daily?
Plank
Sideplank
Bird dog
and that other one

reaserch provided that squatting/front squatting and compound movements and stuff like pullups in general have way more carryover to abs than doing some lmao planks

>when somebody asks why you squat so much, deadlift and stuff and I never saw you doing sinble abs exercise

You're not the only one but I'm weak so my opinion doesn't count
Any adult male should be able to at least do 10 pullups and run a sub 4:00 km in addition to being good at the /big3/

Not daily, unless you're injured. Perhaps after lifting if you really want?

I only found them useful during a serious injury.

and every male should be able to dunk easily and squat atleast 4pl8 after 1.5 year of lifting

if not you are not a male

I can run a sub 4:00 km, do 10 chins and I've been doing pl training for a couple years

My life's still shit so explain that

>saaaaaaaay you want let goooo

Seriously, it makes a little mad somethings realizing that the trainers let shit like this play in the gym.
I don't listen to music when working out, but this does trigger me a little.

That's exactly what user asked. You are all behaving like 15 year old fags
He didn't say "powerlifters are weak and can't do pullups", he expressed concern about the narrow view of training pushed around here. Everyone discusses that you need 4 different variations of deadlifts in 3 different intensities and rep ranges,but when it comes to pullups you all say "eh do whatever"
No, you fuck off
Pullups have to be independently implemented in the routine because increasing your deadlift alone will do jack shit to your pullup max and you gave to be a bit careful with the planning because they do clash with bench and deadlift recovery and performance.

>carrying about pullup max

no, you fuck off

>Being fat
No u

Didn't read, fuck off newfag

>Comes into a threat about a sport about pushing the big 3 to the highest level possible
>complains that people don't take every other remotely compound movement as seriously

If I was competing in pullups I would probably do a lot more variations to polish that. But I don't.

Lol

Why do the Greg Nuckols routines have you doing both conventional and sumo deadlifts

I can do chinups and I progress in them, but lmao carrying about them to the point you speak about progressing them autisticaly

guys what about ltes, curls, glute bridges, tire flops, kettlebel swings, rower sprints, rows, shrugs

HOW DO I PROGRESS IN THEM

I am injured it seems. Talked about it in here yesterday. Seems like i am on the verge on a disc bulge/slip or it has happened. Pain in lower spine, left side above glute. Hurts when bending over, can't squat or dead or do most things involving lower back. Hips are tight as af but these lunges stretches seems to be effective at it and they already loosened up a lot with just 1 day of stretching and moving.

I am doing these exercises
youtu.be/Agc2mOW4p1U

It might be my Psoas Muscle that is either tight or weak. When i am doing picture related then i hear a click from my hips somewhere and my legs also shake on the way down indicative of weak or stiff muscles. Any idea what that clicking is?
I been thinking of doing the exercise in the picture with ankle weights and also doing hanging knee raises with ankle weights, hopefully this will take care of it.

I just dont know if i should do all this daily or every other day? I don't wanna overdo it.

to shill money out of you, greg routines srsly lack specification

Well you see powerlifting is the sport of of Squat, Bench Deadlift.

But I have good news for you friend. There is actually a strength sport which includes, but is not limited to, squat bench deadlift. In fact, they pay an equal amount of attention to clean&jerk, snatch, and pullups! It's called Crossfit. Go make the Crossfit general and discuss your general strength training there

Then yes, do it every day, twice a day even. Just do it daily for a couple months.

It took me a month and a half to recover when I did it last year.

How to do Candito 6week program if I can't go to the gym on sundays?

>who even squats that wide looks fkin stupid
Whoever made the OP meme traced a bigger faster stronger poster that high schools hang up in there weight rooms.

picture

Just do whatever days work for you man

I'm just saying pullups have to be given a better "rank" than curls or calf raises, especially since they are an excellent fitness meter and fit perfectly in the hole powerlifting leaves as far as overall body development goes.
By your logic we shouldn't get a gf either since she won't directly contribute to total
Also
>Remotely compound
Nigga what
Pullups are the squats of the upper body, prove me wrong

it was said about dips you mong

>Pull ups are the squats of the upper body
YOU SPELLED BENCH WRONG???????

Nigga I honestly believe at least half the people in here program pullups. But nobody has the time in their program to make it a primary movement because those slots go to squat bench dead.

>remotely compound

fuck off already to your calisthenics thread

we preffer to row anyway as its barbell movement

Please give advice. Been going every other day for 3 weeks now and can still only squat 1 plate 3x9 but can rep 3 plates and a 35 all day on leg press. Can probably do 4 comfortably.

Alright. Fuck thats a long time

Why do my hips click when i do this
It happens even more when i do those laying on my back

So whats your question?

do sheiko or smolov for squats

>as its barbell movement
barbell training is not a cult. Fact is a pullup is one of the most compound movements there is together with squat and deads

honestly they should swap the bench press for weighted pullups

Why are you not doing 3x5? Why are you not doing SS?

>Implying curls are as important as pullups
>Le slippery slope meme
>Implying caring about 4 exercises instead of 3 is crossfit
>Le slippery slope meme
>dips
I can see that, but dips are superfluous as a main movement if bench exists
Pullups don't overlap with anything
I DID NOT THOUGH?!??!?!?
I am sure they do, I just want some insight on how to program them in without affecting negatively tricep (bench) or grip and lats (deadlift) performance or vice versa
I haven't progressed in a long time because my arms are trashed after bench (if I put them in upper) and deadlifts (if I do FB) and it really rustles my jimmies

>barbell training is not a cult

lmao unironically wrong kiddo

Why can't I fucking squat? I wobble and roll my back too towards the end of a set

Because your technique is shit. Your leg press doesnt do shit for carryover.

I don't know what the means

routines

do smolov

type smolov for squats in google and do it

it will go up crazy

3x9 feels right for me and 27 is my favorite number. I've considered doing SS, I need to look into what it is again exactly though

The mechanics of the movement alter a lot as the barbell to bodyweight ratio increases. Literally just keep adding weight, stop leg pressing as it is probably is fucking with your recovery, and drop down to 3x5

I understand that. Should I just deload to a damn bar then and get my form right? It's really embarrassing at my size.

For c6w deadlift variation; if my weak point is most often my back rounding once the bar come off the floor, and sometimes not getting the bar off the floor at all - should I be doing paused or deficit deadlifts

You have shit form, and probably have no clue how to brace properly. Leg press and squats have negligible relevance to each other. Get on a real routine like SS and fix your form.

That is fucking retarded logic

Thanks. Will do

no problem kiddo

yes of course your should. It's about the long run. At the end of the day you will make more gains with the right form anyway