I don't want to cut because then I'll lose all my muscl-

>I don't want to cut because then I'll lose all my muscl-
Stop right there bucko. Muscle loss during a cut is a meme invented by powerliftards who freak out when their fatceps starts shrinking.

fitnessblackbook.com/main/starvation-mode-why-you-probably-never-need-to-worry-about-it/
Summary:
>Study done by the military
>Crazy cardio, burning up to 6000 calories a day
>Subjects in the range of 3000-4000 calorie deficit per day
>Ate less than 1300 calories per day
>Experienced extreme sleep deprivation
>Didn't lose muscle mass till ~5% bodyfat.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BhLIsFFsPAA
instagram.com/valeriya_bearwolf
fitnessblackbook.com/main/starvation-mode-why-you-probably-never-need-to-worry-about-it/
youtu.be/LexadIDLeqk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

good thread

youtube.com/watch?v=BhLIsFFsPAA

POST MORE GYM THOTS!

>That pic
Thanks user, definitely going to have to get an exercise ball for the bedroom.

god this woman is made for Black Cock

i've seen too much actual evidence to the contrary to believe any of this, before/after pictures of people dieting for their first shows, admitting they went too hard and the muscle loss is incredibly obvious

Pls tell me this isnt a troll user. I want to believe

the fat covering muscles like arms and legs give the impression of being "larger"
see above

Then why do you lose so much strength during a cut?

Then explain why my lifts go down whenever I cut

less fat padding the joints, less weight behind the movements, no unlimited form of quick energy for your body to call up on due to restricted calories

too bad you cant get the girl to and will have to do with your frumpy wife

...so if you are doing anything OTHER than body building, you really shouldn't cut so aggressively because you cant move as much weight if you do?

If you are lifting less weight and eating at a deficit, then you will lose muscle.

That would make sense if it went down when cutting from 20 to 10%, but not when you've only lost 1%.

Less glycogen stores in muscle. Will go away immediately once you end cut.

If you want to reduce the effects while on your cut, eat one half your calories about ten hours before gym and other half about two hours before gym. If you're on a hard cut this wont get rid of it completely but will help tremendously. Also avoid alcohol; doesn't kill gains per se but everything that isn't processing the alcohol (like making glycogen) gets put on hold until all alcohol is metabolized.

>"doing anything OTHER than body building"
>mfw powerlifters reply to my threads
shoo shoo

Broscience. Why would padding be a good thing? Surely it would inhibit the movement if anything. Also body fat is not a quick source of energy.

inter?

but they aren't bodybuilders, they dont have excess muscle

if they had +15lbs of extra muscle then they would have experienced muscle loss

in what form though? will you lose muscle cells, or simply pump/saturation/size which is gained back incredibly quickly when you start eating again?

i'm not OP and not certain of these answers

i don't know why a non-bodybuilder would ever cut aggressively unless you're so fat that it impedes your health/form/balance

finally found source
instagram.com/valeriya_bearwolf

>Surely it would inhibit the movement if anything
It's not steel padding

shame about the fake tits, lips and ass. looked good in the op pic though

>Why would padding be a good thing?

stability?

>Also body fat is not a quick source of energy.

no, but the simple carbs you take in on a bulk vs a cut are

Wow her face kinda sucks

you must be a prince

brrraaaap

>fake ass
wut
Not sure about breasts but lips yes.

>fitnessblackbook.com/main/starvation-mode-why-you-probably-never-need-to-worry-about-it/

Good thread. This makes lots of sense. The pathway that breaks down muscle for energy is a lot more difficult for the one to break down fat (whose only evolutionary purpose is stored energy anyway). I think people underestimate how much things like hormones, glycogen retention, and leverages impact strength, and those are the main contributing factors to why people get weaker cutting

It doesn't make sense for your body to use muscle for energy until your body fat is already very low. Fat is literally stored energy, why wouldn't you metabolize fat until you have almost none left?

What about the reverse though, can you build muscle without going on a bulk? Especially if you're already skinny or skinnyfat.

When you're a beginner lifter everything is possible.
youtu.be/LexadIDLeqk

what's wrong with her face?

i was going to make a smart ass remark about how it's not that you lose the muscle because your body is eating it or some shit but after 8 weeks of eating a caloric deficit chances are you're going to feel pretty tired, and won't be able to put in your full effort in the gym (or you'll get gassed easily while doing heavy stuff), which makes it harder to do the work required to maintain the muscle you already have..

but then I read the your link and realized it was some shitty paid fitness site and not a peer review journal or article so I stopped and typed this dumb shit instead

congrats OP, you win this time