How do you beat gaming addiction? I seriously cannot stop thinking about playing WoW or LoL...

How do you beat gaming addiction? I seriously cannot stop thinking about playing WoW or LoL, it's all I do until I'm actually playing... I cannot maintain basic responsibilities in my life because of this let alone maintain any kind of fitness schedule. :[

All that helps is cold turkey.

HOW does someone get addicted to a game as shitty as LOL?

I take 200mg of modafinil every morning so my brain literally will not allow me to do anything that's not productive

it's a slot machine / emotional roller coaster... every game you're guaranteed to experience something new, ups & downs, you have a chance to outplay your laner and carry 4 idiots, or be an idiot and feed hardcore... that's why people get addicted to league

Are you the guy who made that weird post on Veeky Forums the other day about OmiseGO's whitepaper?

any negative side effects? if not, i'm ordering some right now.

linux/gnu

If you're on retail, just roll a survival hunter or discipline priest and play until you get to 110, and try getting into pugs for a bit.
Then you will unsub and not return for at least a year.

I don't go on Veeky Forums after I lost 20k in some fucking terrible coin
Dry mouth because you will forget to eat and drink because you'll be doing so much shit, only thing I can think that's close to it is like that pill in the movie Limitless.
Been taking it for a year and honest to God my life is 100x better, I'm happier and healthier and all around a better person.
Buy them in bulk off one of those Indians sites.

Level grinding at the gym is pretty much the same as level grinding in an mmo.
Just start working out and stick with it long enough for the autism to kick in.
Soon enough you will be obsessively counting grams of protein and micronutrients no different than you do exp.

only play games made by feminists

>sold wow account for $500 during wotlk
>never looked back

>playing WoW in the year of our lord 2017

Jesus H. Christ, how can somebody be THIS pathetic to dedicate their life to a dead game?

You missed absolutely nothing. WotLK was the GOAT expansion to hop off the blizzard cuckwagon.

to be fair the game has more addictive elements than any iteration in the past... if you're interested in power and character progression there's no game like it on the market

>power and character progression

>"yes, blizzgoy, keep following that carrot-on-a-stick. While your at it, why not buy something from the cash shop? You want the flying dildo unicorn mount, don't you? Yes, hehehe..."

I used to play a lot like you not being able to clear my mind from games. This was until like two-three months ago. I played even more (all day) about one and a half year ago when I wasn't working yet. I'm 26 years old now.

If you are stressed about playing so much but you don't really have anything else to do, you will always turn to playing games whenever you can, even if you actually don't want to and feel zero enthusiasm about it.

Both LoL and WoW are very addicting games due to various grinding, and maybe the only social interaction you might feel ok about.

Since I assume you have no hobbies or interests, the best thing you can do is force yourself really hard to do something else. I'm not talking about lifting here, because that won't exhaust you and take enough of your free time to stop you from sitting back in front of the computer. Get a job, any job, go socialize as much as you can (and TRY to enjoy yourself, listen to people and be interested in them), move out from home so you have housework to do (this will feel a lot easier chore to do if you don't live at home), and you will no longer feel like playing anymore once you get the taste of real life. This is speaking from my perspective, but I also had a crush at work that motivated me to change so I might be giving a less effective advice to follow here.

If you're young and you still have a lot left from uni or whatever you do, forget the job part yet or only think in small time student jobs. You are probably in no hurry and nothing catastrophic will happen if you stick to playing a lot, but the very least you should pay attention to sleeping, eating and drinking enough water so you break out of zombie mode and become able to gather the willpower to do anything. Especially, do not start your day with LoL/WoW, and do not stay up past midnight to play them.

preaching to the choir m8, I hate it too, but once it has you it's hard to break free

I sold my xbox when I moved 4 years ago, needed the money to move to San Diego. Bought another one when I had a high- paying job at the beginning of 2016. Recently lost my job and packed it up again, duct-taped the whole box airtight and put it in storage. I'm Mid-Way through the Witcher 3 and Still have my Destiny 2 pre-order waiting for me to pick up at GameStop. My gains, productivity and quality of life were much better when I didn't have vidya and have gone throughout the roof again since I put it away. Have more time to lift, taking a course learning Data Science and I'm also attending classes on Photoshop so I can start a side-biz. Take it from me OP, Sell your accounts, delete them off your machine (and if you have the $$$, buy a new machine entirely to start over). Lift, Eat, Learn, Work Hard, Get drunk with friends, get 1 outdoor hobby, learn how to get really good with chicks. Doing all of that will more than make up for the dopamine release you get from WoW or LoL. Focus on things that will improve your life 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years down the road instead of escaping reality. You're gonna make it brah

listen user, I was in your shoes a couple months ago... I got to 3460 SR in overwatch and I quit for a while then went back to 3000 SR. Now I just lift and shit

Used to play WoW years ago but quit during wrath when things took a shit, played a bunch of MMOs and other games along the way, still do, but I play much less these days.

All the things that you do in those games are meaningless. Fucking dust in the wind. Ask yourself if you're actually having fun doing the tedious monotonous grind every day. Ask yourself if any of this will be of value come next expansion. Will you have fun then?

Ask yourself if people will remember you or what you did. Or if YOU will even remember what you're doing. It's a complete stagnation of time and intellect. You're not growing as a person. You're not accomplishing anything. You're on a digital treadmill on the lowest setting staving off boredom.

Meanwhile, your friends have successful careers, kids younger than you are world famous, and even the weird dipshit kid you all laughed at in highschool got a respectable job delivering bread in a truck.

Keep sitting there and wallowing in your games. Surely doing absolutely nothing remarkable will one day pay off.

I wish I knew that way back when in my teens when WoW was more fresh but on the other hand I didn't see real life achievements being worth that much more. You're gains will fade when you age and so will your skills.

Realize that video games get you nowhere and playing them is immature.

>Dry mouth because you will forget to eat and drink because you'll be doing so much shit, only thing I can think that's close to it is like that pill in the movie Limitless.

Lol. Try IV'ing. 25 grams of meth bro. Better than limitless.

When I was 16 I was approaching NEETness fast. The only way to put and end to it was..Now this is going to hurt: Go outside and meet people. Make some fresh good memories that override the neural paths you've been landscaping in your brain for too long. Before you can even realize it you will have forgotten all about WoW. On the other hand you will probably be addicted to weed and alcohol, so that is one thing to keep in mind

Become a man and put away childish things.

Gonna be honest with you bro, I stopped one day and just havent felt the need to play since then.
Like a month or two ago I started to get back into my old hobby seriously again, and also focused on my lifting and shit and the desire to play just absolutely dissapeared.
It suddenly felt like there is no fuckin point in the grind anymore.
I´m pretty glad desu.

literally just uninstalled and cancelled my sub lmao

demo changes, fucking why

one day I just stopped being interested in video games

it's called growing up

I think every1 on here has at some point been addicted to gaming or still is.

The only way you will break your addiction is to substitute it with something else. To break a pattern you need to create a new one of you will just go back. Thats the same reason everyone else fails their diet or drug abuse.

If you have a shitty boring life then of course you will spend all day playing video games because is way more fun, I certainly would.

start having sex

unironically this
i still waste time on Veeky Forums, but it's an improvement from my 2am vidya days.
Think about 5 years from now. At some point league will be at the end of its lifespan and the "skills" you've acquired will be useless. It's a time sink, nothing more.
unfortunately it's also true that the last time I had real friends was back when I played videogames. So idk.

that kid actually has a pretty sweet jacket. digging that 80's style.

Look in a mirror

I used to play lots of vidya. then I started playing electric guitar instead and never looked back. I'm even more addicted to it than I ever was to vidya. oh and trust me I was very much addicted to vidya. so my advice is to get a real hobby instead of playing retarded simulations made specifically to addict.

it seems impossible to break videogame addiction when you're in your late 20s. what else can you really do when you've just gamed all your life?
i've tried quitting many times but now i'm starting to accept the manchild lifestyle.

Are you into anime?
Anime is a salvageable cycle. You can try
Anime -> Fantasy/sf books -> literary books
Takes a few years, but worked for me. Still a pleb tho

I played games 12+ hours a day for quite a few years. Now I don't play shit and haven't for a couple years, what did it for me was playing Dark Souls and Bloodborne, after I conquered them nothing else interested me until I simply stopped playing video games altogether.

The least productive shit I do is watch cartoons and shitpost when I should be reading actual books or doing something outside; one day at a time I suppose..

just stop

i stopped after playing 10+ hrs for 5 years

realize how much time i threw away for nothing

Pretty sure that's a picture of my Dad.

just reduce the dose.

In my free time(when i'm not at uni/gym/homework) i like to play OSRS.

There is time for everything, you ain't gonna die for not having a long vydia sesion...

this is true, I used to play WoW all the time, it took over my life, My friend helped me out and convinced me that It was not worth it. It's been like 6 years now, and I still dream about it sometimes, Think about how I could handle it now. but Its been so long now, I'm sure the whole game has changed.

Although they have different reputations with society at large I think reading is just as much of a waste of time as video games. If you like it for its own sake that's great but for finding anything worth knowing it's much faster to just use the internet.

There does not exist a syringe for humans that could fit 25g of meth

Even an iv bag probably not

Not to mention that'd be sudden death

Sometimes I play CIV, nowadays sometimes I play Senuas Sacrifice but rarely more than 2h per week.

The problem is that 99% of games are complete garbage now catering to younger generation and I have no interest in playing some E-Sports bullshit.

Is that terry davis?

if you can't stop thinking about LITERAL trash like modern WoW or LoL you're beyond saving anyway, bullet to the dome is only cure

It will fade naturally in your early 20s

How2modanifil

Indian sites sound sketch. Am i being robbed rn?

I've heard one of the side effects is neglecting social interactions. Is this true in your experience?

try replacing computer games with board games. you maintain the stimuli of games while increasing social-ups.