I can't fucking hit 225 bench. My strength is shit despite working out for years and being 170 lbs...

I can't fucking hit 225 bench. My strength is shit despite working out for years and being 170 lbs. What the Fuck us wrong with me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bxAc97K2I5M
youtu.be/nS3sUeipV0Q?t=8m32s
nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199607043350101
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>le eat more le hungry skeletal

Yeah I know but 170 isn't enough for a 225 bench? I see half of you fags hitting it at lower body weights.

I stall on bench a lot. Granted I've only been seriously lifting for eight months but my bench is the first thing to obviously suffer when I don't eat enough.

I'm serious. Maintain a regular schedule and EAT

Make sure you're doing squats and a good back routine like bent rows. Total body strength helping individual lifts isn't a meme.

Dumbbell shoulder presses will help you guy. Shoulders are just as important to the bench press as your chest and triceps.

E S T A T S

How close are you?

it's not about how much you weigh, it's about growing the part of you that makes you stronger. Gaining fat is an unfortunate side effect of gaining muscle. You need to eat more to get stronger. Even if you only gain a few pounds slowly over time, and then lose it back down to 170, you'll need to take in more than what you're consuming now to get stronger.

I only have a max of 205lb bench, but the only time i ever saw massive unimpeded improvement was when i was eating big.

A lot of things affect bench
height
arch
lat engagement
pec engagement
elbows
try tackling it one by one

5'9" at 180lbs here. What got me to 225.
>do your warm up set
>for the second set, pick a hard weight that you can still do for reps
For me that's 185. I used to not be able to do even 3, now I'm repping at 10. Soon I'll be moving that weight up to something else that's hard but doable, and when that's at 10 I'll move up again.
>for the third set, add 2-5lbs to your previous 1rm
So one day your max might be 205. Next time you bench, you'll shoot for 207 or 210 for your 1rm. Next bench day, you'll do 212 or 215, whichever you choose. Eventually you'll hit 225, and after that you'll just keep going.
>last set optional
>do your warmup weight to failure

Lmao dude how embarrassing. You probably just don't know how to bench.

Here's a video of a 13 year old girl benching more than you

youtu.be/bxAc97K2I5M

>tackling height

mirin decline bench

>Not doing your daily Grow Grow Grows
Never gonna escape the manlet zone

if it makes you feel better I deadlifted 500 (conventional) long before I benched 225

eat a surplus and do more volume

>she is on roids
lmfao

why do people do this shit with their back? does it help ease the weight on the pecs?

Not true. Im coming off a cut right now transitioning into lean bulk and ive made amazing strength gains in the past couple of weeks. I used to think like you

OP look at your programming. Are you stressing progressive overload? Are you forcefully trying to add more weight or just consistently doing same weight? How many times are you benching per week, try increasing frequency. I've found for myself atleast I have to be benching 3 x a week to make significant progress

About 210

Just get fat as fuck then

Remember your cues.
Plant your feet, use hip drive, and crush an imaginary walnut between your butt cheeks. Makes you able to push that extra 10-20 lbs

Less rom = more weight

kek

>not true

>proceeds to tell me how i am actually right

really made me think

I really want to work on my bench.. I can barely hit 2 pl8 for 1 rep but I want to eventually get to 3 plate

It seems like such an unnatural movement compared to the deadlift and others.. I saw a dude hitting 3 plates without a spotter and I almost wanted to cry

I hit 2pl8 for 5 last night at 176lbs

I'm 160 and hit 225 about 3 weeks ago after about 2 years of lifting.

Honestly I just trated chest days more seriously t hen any other days. If i had to only lift 3 times a week, 2 of those were chest days. Working on my breathing helped me progress a lot on bench.

You're 30% BF.

im not agreeing with you. I said im transitioning. Kind of doing a reverse dieting approach. Im eating maintenance right now at most and making solid gains.

that's cool bro what are your stats

what's that bench at curious

Arch, eat, and bench more.

I can bench 295 with medium shoulders and a 6'7" wingspan.

My biggest issues were shoulders being internally rotated, grip width, not doing enough heavy sets and just not eating enough.

Stop being a pussy and eat a pizza once in awhile

>Arch, eat, and bench more.

if you arch your back you are not performing a repetition of bench press. numbers don't go up from malforming your exercises.

to suggest arching is the antithesis of Veeky Forums

s - 445
b - 315
d - 455

Your technique sucks.

sure.

>tfw know that feel
175lbs here

I've hit 225 for lmao1rep in may and have plateaud ever since.

>doesn't mention weight/height

170 right now and hit 3x6 195 with good form today

6'3 210lbs

why would anyone lie over internet bro really?

pic now or it didn't happen

>at lower body weights.
Nigga, when I say I his 2pl8 after 4 months of lifting and the first time I actually had a barbell that wasn't hollow inside with plates that weren't plastic filled with sand, that was only 20lbs over my body weight.

The 'adult human male is 200lbs' meme came from somewhere.

>>she is on roids
>lmfao
Looks like a roided up bitch to me too, bro.

some spinal arching is what happens naturally when you bench correctly with properly set shoulders and tension coming up through your legs, which is probably what he is implying the guy should do, since so many butcher their bench technique and wonder why they can't progress

also benching 200kg in a powerlifting competiion (where arching is completely permitted) is way more Veeky Forums than your arbitrary perceptions of the correct way to bench

That girl was definitely busted for something. Some weird ass Russian pro hormone or peptide.

Do the Chad method by cowboy.

How the fuck was she busted, when she competed in GPC?
GPC is against testing, assumes everybody is on.

>the fuckign back arch

does it really count if you're only moving it like a few inchs? cmon

Just be confident dude and set up the rails. Throw the weight on the bar, get amped on preworkout and a good song and then jump under and just blast it.

I was doing 60kg for 3x5 on chest day and decided I wanted to try going heavier so I just found the best song I could, and went to 65, 70, 75, 80 and jumped weight after each set. I only did 1 rep of each on the way up but I know I can bench 2pl8 even just for one and it feels heaps good. Now I do sets of 10 at 40, 50, 60 and then go 65x5, 70x3, 80x1 and then take a long break and repeat like 5 times at 80. If I fail the other 5, I don't mind too much because I know if I can just get another 1 rep out of those 5 complete, I'll be really happy. if I'm not feeling confident and I'm just going to hurt myself I do the sets at 7 but try and get at least 2 reps in all the sets.

In my case it was a mindset thing I think, because I just kinda decided I wanted to get stronger and all my lifts went up by 10-20kg in a week just because I wasn't scared of failure or hurting myself.

Just set up the rails and grind it out, and if you don't already do chest isolation stuff, try doing some flyes at a heavier weight than you normally would and do some chest crossover things. I have always been doing flyes but I started doing them at a higher weight and added in the crossovers and It probably helped with my bench and OHP. The video shows the crossover thing I'm talking about

youtu.be/nS3sUeipV0Q?t=8m32s

Please post it,

You probably coudnt even unrack it

>Just have confidence, be yourself, remember the weight actually wants to go up

Get some coaching cunt. Its not hard. Filter through trolls, fat asses and couch bois telling you they bench 16quadrillion pl8s with valsalva tecniqie and vegan diet. Find a big fuck off powerlifter and make him coach ur bench.
need specific shpulder positionz to avoid propiorexeptors tellig your brain not to lift above certain weights, need to do stabalisation exercises and have perfect form, or stay weak.

Estats, cheat reps, and leverages.

If you've got a high ape index then you're gonna have a rough time with most pressing motions.

On top if that how many dudes do you see at your local gym who fail to bring the bar to their chest? I promise they still walk around claiming they bench lmao2pl8.

Im not saying 225 bench is some inconceivably advanced number, it isnt at all. That being said at most commercial gyms theres only gonna be a handful of guys who can rep that weight with proper form, and probably even a smaller handful who do it at sub 200lbs bw.

>not eating enough
>not sleeping enough

lets see her do it with her back flat, the range of motion on that was about 4 inches.

this

i can deadlift 4 pl8 for 5 reps
cant bench 225
my 1rm is like 200 (90kg)

i have ape arms. Lifting for 1 year

Thanks

/thread

Fags always forget to increase their cals as their weight goes up

Everyone has a weak body part. Mine are legs, never could squat over 120 kg regardless how much I tried, while I was at 200 kg deadlift and 115 kg bench press pretty fast.
This isn't an excuse not to train your weak body part, but you must live with the fact that you can't be overall extremely strong.

Lanklet here, hit 4pl8 DL a year before 2pl8 bench
The key is volume and no fear

My hero ;-;

Here the study about roids proof that 140 kg on roids for a 13 year old girl is like 10 kg for a 13 year old girl:
nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199607043350101

Besides that, shit form and cheating.

Try out smolov jr, friendo. I stalled around the same weight, hit smolov jr, then hit 225 the week after finishing it

So much this I hit a 180 deadlift at the same time I did a 180kg squat and a 130 kg bench I hate my trex arms

what's your height, not all people are meant to lift 2pl8, especially people that their height starts with a 5

Also this, I BP 3pl8 but my Squat is still stuck at 3pl8.

>240lb
>probably couldn't unrack it
not even that guy, but come on man. 240lb for a one rep max is still litew8 baybee

nice bait

she's hella cute tho
no homo

I'm going to assume that you still haven't hit 225 yet, it's not that great of an achievement. I've seen more people bench 225 than people squatting 315 or pressing above 135. Once you hit 225 on bench, you'll be happy but you'll also realize it's not that much and that it's not too impressive. It's a tough milestone for sure, though

Mate, manlets are going to hit 2pl8 quicker than lanklets due to stubby little arms

Just hit 210 for 2 reps last week
>approaching manhood

Luckily there's only a few possibilities for this. Not eating enough is a big one, technique problems would be my second guess. Any injuries or shit genetics? also 170lbs on you is not equal to 170lbs on me, so don't just think because you're a certain weight you should be hitting certain numbers. Eat more.

>I see half of you fags hitting it at lower body weights.

DO NOT USE Veeky Forums AS A BASIS FOR STRENGTH COMPARISON.

YOU ARE 100% DEALING WITH FAR MORE PEOPLE WHO BLATANTLY LIE THAN PEOPLE WHO ARE GENUINELY HONEST.

I can do 120kgx3 at 105kg bw (188cm).

For me rows and squats helped a lot. In some weird way this scapular retraction helps, also if you feel the force being transferred over your buttocks into your feet it becomes a sort of pulling motion strangely enough, like you pull the bar a bit downwards (in relation to your body) in front of you.

Pecs pulling shirt buttons apart but skinny arms.

Thats roids brah.

Days you lift eat way more. Try eating a meal before and after lifting. Work out your full body, make sure to do cardio and run everyday too. Stop lifting to hit a number and start lifting to get strong. Do 5x5s at lower than your max. You should start feeling it on your 4th set and almost failing on your 5th. If you do this your max will steadily increase without limit.

It is not necessary to eat more, don't listen to that bullshit advice. Yes, you'll hit that magical two plate bench if you gain weight, but your strength:weight ratio will not have changed so what is the point?
Eat enough to not lose weight and train your ass off. Without steroids any other path will turn you into a fatass.