Who is /fat/ for?

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/bros who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

previous thread

What are you using for calorie counting? If you gained weight at a 1k deficit, then you must be fucking up your numbers, bad. Be extremely strict, overestimate food calories if you're not sure. Do more exercise. Eat more veggies and less calorie dense stuff.

CICO is not a joke, just do it right.

>The 10 commandments of /fat/
1. I am TDEE thy calorie count. Thou shalt have no excess of food before me.
2. Thou shalt not take unto thee any sweet treats.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of CICO in vain.
4. Remember the Fasting day to keep it holy.
5. Honor thy macros and thy weight loss.
6. Thou shalt not binge.
7. Thou shalt not commit gluttony.
8. Thou shalt not
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy calorie counts.
10. Thou shalt not covet.

confess

>8.
shit, fill it in for yourselves, i guess

actually weighed all the shit i eat for breakfast/lunch (2 meals a day masterrace) to calculate all the calories properly, turns out cheese is a lot more kcals than i thought..
Luckily i found that out early, making the switch to oats tomorrow.

>The 10 commandments of /fat/
1. I am TDEE thy calorie count. Thou shalt have no excess of food before me.
2. Thou shalt not take unto thee any sweet treats.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of CICO in vain.
4. Remember the Fasting day to keep it holy.
5. Honor thy macros and thy weight loss.
6. Thou shalt not binge.
7. Thou shalt not commit gluttony.
8. Thou shalt not shit, fill it in for yourselves, i guess
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy calorie counts.
10. Thou shalt not covet.

Starting week 3 of Crossfit. Actually having fun even though I'm the fattie there.

>be fat
>successfully cutting calories, down 35lbs
>love to fucking cook though
>had to skip breakfast because I wanted two slices of the homemade bread I made.
I just enjoy baking.

>I just enjoy baking.
Just bread?

speaking of crossfit, im kinda new to the board, at least 6 months lurking and asking for advice, anyway, what is up with the "crossfit, not even once" thing? i don't do crossfit but i've seen what they do and it doesn't look THAT weird, can anyone explain?

It's popular and for normal people, so everyone hates it here.

I was a 2 meal per day guy and got fat from it because my second meal was always way too big since I was starving by the time I ate it. It unscientifically and anecdotally feels like my metabolism is working now with more meals a day too.

I eat 5 meals a day now, all small consisting of 1/3 protein, 1/3 carbs, and 1/3 veg. Since I don't count the calories at all I use the exercise bike 2x a day to make up for it, once in the AM and once at night and pounds have been falling off. I also gave up gatorade/any liquid sugar drinks except beer on the weekend but nothing Mon-Fri.

So far this lazy strategy has worked to drop from 255 to 225lbs (I'm 6'2") but I basically plateaued here, which I don't care the beer and pizza gut is gone, and I don't wake up feeling like a bag of shit anymore.

Injuries.

Crossfit is something you would do after you're already fit to get uber fit. You never want to be overweight and jumping on to boxes or shit blowing out your knees.

Plus they do stupid things like Burpees. Burpees were just used as a test for fitness, you're not supposed to do them every single day into the hundreds of reps you'll fuck up things. There's other more proven/safer ways to work the core than blasting out Burpees

There's a fitness "model" girl in my apt building sponsored by various protein outfits who bakes protein baking shit. Go on instagram and look up "protein baking" you'll find all those girls doing it.

im at 255ish / 6'2'' myself now.
No good reason for 2 meals a day desu, and I might look into atleast 3 if that helped you, was thinking maybe a mid-day thing with just a couple bananas or something.

I weigh/track everything now tho so having a meal too big isnt really a problem.

im currently on 7000 kcal def / week (+ one night a week where im drinking, so realisticaly im at 4-5k def a week, but going out with the guys is the only thing that keeps me from blowing my brains out atm so i find its worth it), and aiming to come home to my family for xmas at around 225/220. How long did it take you?

Hi, posted in last thread but no replies.

Anyone estimate my bf for me please?

>partied
>ate pizza
>drank beer
>still worked out
>step on scale monday morning
>7 pounds heavier

well, breakfast is all I'm eating today I guess

stop sucking in it makes an estimation impossible

Can't give a serious answer if you're sucking it all in.

This is why I almost want to live in a house with a bunch of roomies. I love to bake and cook, but I can only eat a little if any at all and I can't freeze all this stuff.
I need guinea pigs.

When?

Soon :)

I feel good /fat/, I have finally lost 100 pounds and never felt better
255-155
I'm still going but hopefully this motivates someone. We're all gonna make it. Believe in yourselves

You're not there yet. Impressive work so far though.

>start at 310 lbs, 5'10
>now 260 lbs
>still get just as winded when moving around, walking uphill, etc

Is the improvement not noticeable until nearly goal weight?

What are the differences?

That's cardio there brother. I had the same issues when I was 6'1 and 175 lbs

Shit. I've been all-diet so far since any exercise makes me feel like I might die. If I have to go up more than 15-20 stairs without a rest I'm royally fucked. It's made social situations hard for me.

Man when I was somewhat average body type, I still had huge fitness and skin issues. It's a long process, you need to exercise more in terms of lifestyle changes (walk to the shop etc), and on top of that eat less carby foods along with more fiber. Also, sort out sleep schedules

I can understand where the both of you are coming from. I will probably get hurt going there. I went to a few gyms for the last year and while I dropped 60 pounds I just wasn't enjoying going to the gym. Gaining 15 pounds back and getting discouraged I just said "fuck it" and showed up for a free day at the local "box" and actually had fun. Now that I've officially joined my head pops off the pillow in the morning and I'm fuckin' ready to go. Not every day is great but I've been enjoying a lot of it so far. Dropped those 15 pounds already too. But yeah I joined as a last resort, basically give myself a kick in my own ass.

How much more cutting and lifting until I'm out of mid-transition tranny mode do you think?

height? weight? still lots of fat to cut

2-3 yrs

5'8 ~180 lbs.

>go 11 days without workout after a couple of months of doing my regiment
>get back into it
>after 1 mile my lungs and nostrils are burning and my knees hurt
>pus built up in my feet again
>after 4 miles I'm on the verge of collapsing and can't be assed enough to life weights afterwards

I'm never taking a long break again.

>go 3 years without workout
>move in new apartment with gf
>it's on second floor
>walk up stairs
>winded the fuck out
>open door
>weeze
>gf sitting on couch
>"Get your exercise in, fatass?"
>go get a beer
>"Yeah, you like that don't you piggy?"
>mfw get rekt every day

>be me
>6ft
>was 100 kg
>very little female attention
>now about 82kg
>even less female attention
wtf is up with me bros
i think i'm just not a sociable person normally. i dont talk in class because i want to do well and people are education gains goblins. fuck i figured losing weight would help gain at least some female attention.

Women expect men to coerce them unless you're a fucking smoking hot dude, I'm talking top 1% percentile.

A lot of girls probably like you but they won't initiate bro.

fat fucks

hey! the body is beautiful no matter the shape!

>>pus built up in my feet again
What the fuck.

Also do heavy cardio after lifting or on a different day

>A lot of girls probably like you but they won't initiate bro
aww man thats sorta sweet to hear
the only environments i frequent is the library, class, and my apartment. can't flirt in the library, just me and my friends in the apt, so maybe class?

thing is i like to only focus on studies during class. i'm talking come early, sit right at the front, no laptop, put my phone away, pen and paper for the vast majority. guess maybe i should try coming extra early and sit next to someone i think is cute? man if only this was easier

Fast fuck

5'8 155 lbs here
I've undressed myself to take the picture for you because we have similar bodies, so you better appreciate it.
>tfw injured and can't lift

Try cycling, I can't run for shit, but can handle an hour of moderate cycling without losing my sanity

missed opportunity

meant for

I have been a fat fuck the last two days, i wish i had an excuse but I don't. Please absolve me /fat/her.

>started exercising again after a year of zero exercise
my feet hurt

i over salted my chicken yesterday and it was horrifically inedible
so then I mixed greek yogurt+cinnamon casein yesterday thinking it would fill me up plus >them protons. it fucking sucked but i still consumed it. god i wish my retard phase of cooking would pass

You're learning. If you're going with recipes that measure things out for you it's a lot easier until you can cook by feel.

Not the other user but curious to know your top weight?

>half a kilo of potatoes is only 380 kcal

are they truely the best carb there is?

pasta and noodles btfo

>starch
>best carb

My throat's burning when I exercise now, halp.
How do I breathe better and stuff? I'm just biking, but I passed from a chill average of 24~27km/h to 27~30km/h, and HIIT hurts when I try to keep at 110 RPM, not just 100 anymore. I can't seem to just do it all a bit slower like I did before.

I appreciate. Gave me some extra motivation.

half a kilo of:
broccoli - 170 kcal
cauliflower - 125 kcal
cabbage - 125 kcal
spinach - 115 kcal
lettuce - 75 kcal

tab back in gollum

Try breathing exercises when not cycling, if you're having problems while exercising , you might be having problems breathing when you're not.

6'2

SW: 300
CW: 265
GW: ≤180

Started in late June 2017, am I losing weight too quickly? I aim for 1200 calories a day along with jogging/walking 4 times a week. I don't want to get saggy skin but I'm tired of being overweight.

jesus you're fucking skinny. why are you even here?

Do I have that Female breast thing?

>Do I have that Female breast thing?
No but you have anime poster.

Nah. Just fat. Lose it and what is there will go away. Time to get on it, user.

IMO don't worry about losing weight too fast, lose as much as you can. As long as your lifting saggy skin should not be a problem.

Alright, thanks. We're all gonna make it.

>weigh 305 lbs at 5'9
>wonder if i really eat that much
>count a typical day's worth of calories for a few days
>i get anywhere from 4000 to 6000 a day depending on whether we have soda around, half of it from mindlessly snacking whenever i walk through the kitchen
>i eat absolutely no fruit and almost no vegetables

lol fuck

gonna be lurking a lot here while adjusting to now eating only 1/4 as much as i have been

>binged hella
>putting in my calories
>actually pretty close to TDEE

this is the power of not drinking soda anymore

see, this is always what pisses me off. "hurr i lost so much weight cutting the 5 sodas i drink a day!"

i wish i had soda to cut out of my life

>wahhh you identified and solved your own problems and now I'm pissed off

PS it was closer to a 12 pack a day.

Get those veggies in especially. You don't want gout. In addition to preventing certain diseases it also is far less calories compared to the amount it will fill you up.

this
I drink water and eat clean
still look like pic related

Yeah well, I'd kill to look like that. I look like this right now. I'm btw.

Today marks my first month lifting (SS)

Farting whey protein feels so good bros.

>eat 450 calorie breakfast at 7
>eat 550 calorie lunch at 12
>eat 400 calorie dinner at 5
Is that all there is to life? 1400 calorie limit with no room for snacks? I don't even have enough calories left for fruit.

I know this sounds rough but as a 1300 calorie bro, try to eat just 2 meals. Wait a while to eat your first meal and eat the last one semi late. Allows for 2 hearty meals and a snack or two if you do it right

That's pretty smart actually. Maybe I'll do 1000kcal for 2 meals and then 400 in snacks to = 1400

It better than the other things I could have chosen to have in my picture
Thank you will keep cutting

Thats pretty much what I do. I'm not a huge snacker so I typically do a 450ish meal in the morning, 200 snack sometime in the day, which leaves me 650 for a nice, big dinner at the end of the day. Never really feel hungry. 235lbs now, started 280

Are you 4ft tall or do you just not work out?

I eat about 2700Kcal a day, train 2 HOURS a day like a maniac and I am getting fatter slowly
gym is a meme or I am a meme
desu im a manlet, 170cm short

I ate about 300-400Kcal for months
went from 84kg of fatass to 64 kg of skinny fat, started training, now I am at 83 kg
RIGHT BACK THE FUCK WHERE I STARTED!!!
I am much wider and have less BF but man I am still a fatass and it seems that will never change
either there is a secret conspiracy to put sugar in my protein or those online calculators can suck a dick

Being fat is awful.

1. 100% of females like low BF% guys. Some might like chubbier dudes too but low BF guys are everyone's type. Fat ass is not everyone's type.
2. If you have high BF you will look like dyel even when you are outperforming bunch of guys in the gym. Fat hides everything.
3. Only hairy fat fags maybe like you. No twinks.
4. If you cut - skinnyfat. If you bulk - fat. If you recomp - the same.

5'11, I work out like 3 times a week. mI know it's lower than I need to go, but honestly it feels odd eating any more than that and counting it. I feel like i'm eating all day long if I eat 2000 calories

I don't get this "lifting" meme.. Like what's the point of it? Just do a few push-ups or whatever, but going to a gym for hours every week to get big muscles? Fucking lol.

You're probably eating too much. Most online calculators overestimate your TDEE.
The more accurate ones are those that use bodyfat levels. And even then it's probably not 100% exact, and more like 90-95%.

You need to adjust based on the real changes in your body.

To give an example, I'm 165cm (>inb4 london), and my TDEE is around 1744 kcal at 61kg 18.x% bf.

>Like what's the point of it?
Getting in shape but majority of people take it too seriously.

Aye, getting in shape is a great cause, but yeah that whole weight-lifting thing just seems completely ridiculous to me.

On the other hand, weight-lifting is quite "solitary". I mean you can skip interaction with other people and just perform exercises where in martial arts or rugby you'd have to socialize with others.

>182 cm
>lose 7 kg thanks to IF
>weight 143 kg now
>look at my body fat percentage
>fucking 43.5 %
>almost half of me is literally pure lard

Started feeling good about losing 7 kg, but this brought me back on Earth - no way can I be happy right now, if I fucked up so bad. Main plan now is to get below 140 kg, to test my willpower and see if I can drop 10 kg by myself, and then get to the gym.

I know my knees are kinda fucked, I tried SS and squats weren't for me apparently. Anyone can check if this new A B A plan would work:

A
5x5 Seated Leg Press
5×5 Bench Press
5×5 Barbell Row
Cycling

B
5x5 Seated Leg Press
5×5 Military Press
1×5 Deadlift
Cycling

+ hip thrusts and Bodyweight Reverse Lunges every day 5x10

Pic related - me.

You miring?

It's not for getting in shape, it's for getting big.
You exercise to get in shape.

>militard co-workers want to go out drinking next weekend
>don't have fun drinking and would rather spend my cheat day calories doing literally anything else
What excuse should I come up with to not go? I've done it enough times that it's no longer "out of my comfort zone," I just don't want to go.

dont do 5x5 shit, do split workouts. 5x5s arent going to make you look any different

I lost over 100lbs and still didn't cut out soda lmao

Getting a nice body and being strong is "ridiculous" okay

I know what you mean. I don't have any soda or snacks to cut out.
Only good stuff like full cream, butter, olive oil and pasta.